It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who actually disagrees?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
www.architectureweek.com...

www.architectureweek.com...

I just want to put this to you guys, who are so convinced that 9/11 was engineered by the US Government, i.e. the Towers were brought down by explosives, the Pentagon was hit by a missile etc. here are two reports from the American society of Civil engineers. Ok the reports are old but what actually drew my attention was this.

Founded in 1852, the ASCE represents 130,000 civil engineers worldwide and is the oldest national engineering society in the United States.

This is an institute that seem to agree with the “official” version of events. The fact that they actually drew their own conclusions apparently is incidental.

Since this is the American Institute of Civil Engineers and therefore could actually be part of this US conspiracy I decided to look further field. So here’s the Canadian Institute Of Civil Engineers

www.csce.ca...

They seem to agree with the official version, as do this lot.

• Ingeniorforening i Danmark - Society of Danish Engineers
• Estonian Association of Civil Engineers
• European Convention for Constructional Steelwork -
• European Council for Building Professionals
• European Council of Civil Engineers
• Association of Finnish Civil Engineers
• Le Conseil National des Ingenieurs et des Scientifiques de France
• Association of Civil Engineers of Greece, Technical Chamber of Greece - TEE
• Magyar Mernoki Kamara - Hungarian Chamber of Engineer
• Institution of Engineers of Ireland
• Institution of Structural Engineers, Republic of Ireland Branch
• Malta Group of Professional Engineering Institutions - Miscellaneous
• European Agency for Safety and Health at Work - construction pages
• KIVI - Royal Institution of Engineers in the Netherlands
• Slovenian National Building and Civil Engineering Institute
• Swedish Society of Civil and Structural Engineers - SVR
• Turkish Chamber of Civil Engineers
• Cement and Concrete Institute (South Africa)
• Hong Kong Institution of Engineers
• Institution of Professional Engineers, New Zealand - IPENZ
• Japan Society of Civil Engineers
• South African Federation of Civil Engineering Contractors
• South African Institution of Civil Engineering
• Institution of Civil Engineers, Chilterns Local Association
• Institution of Civil Engineers, East Anglia Region
• Institution of Civil Engineers, East Midlands Region
• Institution of Civil Engineers, East Scotland Region
• Institution of Civil Engineers, Glasgow & West of Scotland Region
• Institution of Civil Engineers, London Region
• Institution of Civil Engineers, Midlands Region
• Institution of Civil Engineers, North West Region
• Institution of Civil Engineers, Northern Counties Region
• Institution of Civil Engineers, Northern Ireland Region
• Institution of Civil Engineers, South East Region
• Institution of Civil Engineers, South Region
• Institution of Civil Engineers, South West Region
• Institution of Civil Engineers, Thames Valley Region
• Institution of Civil Engineers, Wales Region
• Institution of Civil Engineers, Yorkshire Region

But there are 192 countries on this planet, I assume with there own Institutes, so who actually opposes these findings? Certainly not the ones above

Therefore they must be blind, niave or part of the US conspiracy. So who, if anybody would voice opposition to the US and speak its mind. Here you go, The Iranian Institute Of Civil Engineers.

www.siap.org...

No sign at all of opposition to the official theories here. Wait a minute, a country that is just about to be bombed into the next century and their engineers agree …….emmmmh.

Maybe somebody can’t quite figure whether the truth is the enemy or whether wishful thinking is the alley.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The names of the alleged hijackers, all ostensibly Muslims, were released to the public only hours after the attacks,several names on that list have turned up alive and well, living in Arab countries. Yet no attempt has ever been made to update the list. And why were none of these names on the airlines' passenger lists?

9/11 (9:08 am*) - President Bush picks up a book after he is just told that his country is under attack and begins to read with 2nd graders for 7 to 11 minutes and after finishing the reading lesson, Bush then takes a few questions from the children before he leaves the classroom.

He is at a known location and his country has been attacked and Secret Service didnt move him away immediately to safety? This is after the second plane hit, so everyone by now knows its no accident. He didnt leave until after 9:30.

President Bush is never evacuated by the Secret Service even though a terrorist attack is happening. And every one knows where he is!

A group of young men were witnessed on top of a white van celebrating while they were filming themselves with the burning WTC in the background in which they were later arrested and identified as Israeli citizens -- some later found to be Israeli spies -- with one saying upon being arrested, "We are Israeli. We are not your problem. Your problems are our problems. The Palestinians are the problem." They were found with large amounts of cash, a box cutter, multiple foreign passports, maps linking them to the blasts, and a bomb-sniffing dogs reacted as if detecting explosives in their van.

WTF?

And have an engineer explain why WTC 7 fell the way it did at at the speed it did.

Have an engineer explain

Have an engineer explain why WTC 7 fell the way it did at at the speed it did.

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Tasketo]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
What engineering company is going to risk its business by coming out and saying the WTC buildings were demode?

Think about it?

Most of these companies probably have government contracts.

I'm not saying they all lie but they don't really do any serious research. They start with a conclusion, fire and planes bought the buildings down, then they find the facts that fit the result they want. Engineers are also not imune to denial or blindly believing what their masters tell them.

There has been no real serious independent study of the collapses. They can't, all the evidence was shipped off to China.

We can't trust any 'official' report on 9-11.

[edit on 13/4/2006 by ANOK]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Most of these companies probably have government contracts.

Which one of those "companies" on that list do you think have contracts.

I would have to say, none.

None of them are engineering companies. They are trade societies. They are responsible for setting and mantaining standards in the engineering field. They don't design buildings or have government contracts.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum

I would have to say, none.

OK, well I was just speculating on the gov contract thing.

Companies or associations, they're still not going to rock the boat(or casbah).

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stateofgrace
Therefore they must be blind, niave or part of the US conspiracy. So who, if anybody would voice opposition to the US and speak its mind. Here you go, The Iranian Institute Of Civil Engineers.
www.siap.org...
No sign at all of opposition to the official theories here. Wait a minute, a country that is just about to be bombed into the next century and their engineers agree …….emmmmh.
Maybe somebody can’t quite figure whether the truth is the enemy or whether wishful thinking is the alley.

What in the world does the Iranian Institute Of Civil Engineers have to do with 'actually' disagreeing with anything?

Well, risking at least a warning, I'll say it.
Dude, you're kind of creepy.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Stateofgrace, why don't you post the studies conducted by each and every one of those institutions you list?

I have a feeling that a few individuals or so from each organization may have just nodded their head at NIST without a second thought, and thus appear on your list. The only real studies I know of that have been done on the WTC were done by FEMA and NIST, and most of us are quite aware of what they have had to say about it. Other papers and etc. on theories were mostly published early on and have been shown flawed by both sides of the controversy. More recent papers are moving towards things like naturally-occurring thermite reactions in the buildings, and of course papers like Steven Jones' that suggest controlled demolition.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
yea well we thought ALL the evidence of a demolition was shipped away, never investigated, and forever gone. I beg to differ though
www.abovetopsecret.com...

NIST is working for homeland security "to make our country safe against all threats" since 9/11. yea ok, they have no bias. im sure some one pays the bills, and im gunna guess its homeland security.

new topics

top topics

join