It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Coup in Washington?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
there is a secret plot going on in pentagon against the white house.

THEY are trying to get enough top brass military men to seize the federal government buildings including congress.

the plan is to stop the country from making too many mistakes putting itself in danger.

when the nations top army officers are pissied off, then there is danger of a taker over.

www.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 13-4-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
What is worse is the threat from Fifth Column forces.
Potential double or triple agents who have already infiltrated the government system. Emplaced as moles to be used when demanded.

The world of espionage exists, much like air, you can't see it, but it is there.

Absolute Martial Law is the only thing any of the Military Branches need to take over. The opportunity has presented itself many times.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

THEY are trying to get enough top brass military men to seize the federal government buildings including congress.

What do you base this statement on? I've read several articles regarding this today (and I'm glad they're speaking up), but I've read nothing that suggests your conclusion.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think it depends on "how out of control" this administration is.

Remember, these generals are the insiders.... If we think we see enough to call this administration incompetent, you have to wonder what they see...

[edit on 13-4-2006 by loam]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Is it not interesting that all the generals that have spoken about Rumsfield and resignation are virtually all retired?

Yeah, I can foresee a real military coup happening in the very near future...not.

Seriously interesting how one can extrapolate from an article talking about Rumsfield and resignation the notion of a "secret plot" or military coup.
Oh my....calling Baghdad Bob! Hello?

seekerof

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
WOW!!!! I actually agree with seekerof on something, I knew it would happen someday.

The problem is that these 'top brass' aren't in Washington anymore, I think the key word here is Retired Generals. Now if there were top brass still in the pentagon going public then I'd start stocking up on canned goods but the article almost mockingly refers to it as...

...the revolt of the retired generals.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Seekerof:

I think there is some merit in what you say... However, that does not foreclose upon the possibility that something deeper is indeed in play. You have to admit that it is not a good sign that ANY general (let alone in numbers greater than one) would speak so negatively of the current political leadership.

EDIT (to make clear I wasn't fully agreeing):

I'm not sure why his retirement status makes him any less credible.

The article states:

who commanded the 1st Infantry Division in Iraq in 2004-2005

According to this, he retired at least sometime around July. That was only 9 months ago.... I hardy think that makes his opinion stale.

Moreover, there is a strong disincentive to openly oppose the political leadership while on active duty.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
How did you get a possble coup out of this article? What I read was retired generals aren't happy with Rumsfield's leadership, while I agree with them it doesn't mean they or any other military member retired or not is ready to stage a take-over merely that they are unhappy.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This thread would be better placed in Skunk Works.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Why not have a coup all the mexicans, south americans are coming here anyway why not make them feel at home. Bush is a piece of # I wish they would do it.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Military experts expressed some concern about the new outspokenness of retired generals.

"I think it flatly is a bad thing," said Richard H. Kohn, a military historian at the University of North Carolina who writes frequently on civilian-military relations. He said he worries that it could undermine civilian control of the military, especially by making civilian leaders feel that that they need to be careful about what they say around officers, for fear of being denounced as soon as they retire.

"How can you prosecute a war if the military and civilians don't trust each other?" Kohn asked.

This could be them setting the stage for the Second Civil War. If they show us they are squabbling up on Capitol Hill, then it shows dividedness between the Top Brass.

You notice, their is no comment from President Bush...which would usually happen, to squash crap like this.

Another thing they could be doing, is since most of these are retired military, they will them turn around and shut these people down for their griping, showing the public that "Freedom of Speech" is dead in the United States.

Griping about Rumsfeld on Capitol Hill

[edit on 13-4-2006 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Coup Stew

Originally posted by loam
This thread would be better placed in Skunk Works.

Possibly, but the Skunk Works is also a conspiracy forum.

So if the problem is a lack of conspiracy, it would be no more suitable than Political Conspiracies for this thread.

Thus the usual path is from here to PTS if a thread is more political than conspiracy. Before moving it anywhere though, maybe it's worth looking for correlation to the theory.

I agree the thesis of this thread seems thinly supported at this point, but don't see why it can't be discussed here on its merits -- or lack thereof.

Perhaps interested members can provide corroborating evidence of a simmering coup?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I can provide reason why this is normal, and not a sign of coup.

Military leaders and civilian leaders are supposed to be in opposition somewhat...
thats what we pay the big bucks for (although we rarely get our moneys worth).

If military got their war their way, it would be different.
did you notice the comment by batitse regading ensuring enough troops...

where is he planning on getting them? drafty in here...
aint it?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Their opinions aren't stale, they clearly are informed. They are pressured to not speak out while active, and so when they retire then they are free to speak out.

BTW, the danger of a coup is the very reason why they shouldn't, in general, speak out on volatile political issues when having troops under their command.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
...if the problem is a lack of conspiracy...

Oh, I don't think the problem is that it lacks conspiracy....however unsupported.

I was just suggesting skunk works because threads like this one, outside of that forum, invariably degenerate into...well...let's just say less than courteous, or on-point, than one might otherwise hope. Skunk Works tends to encourage the more speculative... That is all.

Avoiding the brick wall before it comes...

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Conspiratorial Support

Originally posted by loam
Skunk Works tends to encourage the more speculative... That is all.

Avoiding the brick wall before it comes...

Ah, I see your point.

Then again, if every theory in Political Conspiracies needed to be strongly supported, I suspect this would be a much smaller forum.

As for courtesy, I think that belongs everywhere on ATS, even Slug-Fest (though admittedly more "casual" there). No need to be rude to other members, even if a theory is weak.

Let's see what happens.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
UGH! this so bogus and is based on nothing but supposition. In fact this whole thread would probably be trashed as being misleading if it didnt support the anti-bush agenda. GET OVER IT ALREADY!

There wouldnt be a military coup. What would they do? control the executive branch until the next election?

Dont get me wrong, im not pro bush, there are things I vehemently disagree with, but you dont see me out there trying to commit treason and defend by saying "being a patriotic citizen is speaking out against your government" about things you dont like yes. speaking About how to hurt the country and its interests as much as possible because you disagree with the current administration is horrible.

That would of been like when clinton was in office, the citizens saying....you know what we are going to try to hurt america....The military should refuse his orders and other parts of the government should become non-funtional until we get who wanted in that oval office.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
You know, i must admit, the idea of a coup d'état in my own country is quite scary, however, if this administration gets much further out of control i could see it happening (let's face facts - we cannot rely on the common man to stand up anymore. everyone has gotten too use to thier cable tv, mcdonalds and six pack of Bud in the fridge. I dont know about any of you, but i really don't know what it would take to really get the public riled up).

I think the worst part would be the inital shock, not to mention that it would probably mean martial law for a short(?) period of time to keep everyone from decending into chaos.

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
There wouldnt be a military coup. What would they do? control the executive branch until the next election?

Well one thing that could be done is an emergency election of an intern government to hold us over till November.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Look, the coup has been happening for over 10 years. Ever since murtha got his hands on those black market suitcase poppers. He and his buddy osama did 9/11 and murtha stole and sent the anthrax to the media and senate to make it a SILENT COUP. murtha and his people retook the herion trade from the taliban, stole iraqi oil money and took control of congress with nuke blackmail.
Everybody is murthas hand puppet. murtha and the pentagon may pull off a hitler like coup at election time or just take it over overtly by saying that things are too big a mess. murtha is screwing it up so he can come in and bring peace to the chaos he is creating behind the scenes.

NOW, STUPID PEOPLE, this is where you come in. You are expected to believe that Bush and the GOP is the dummies screwing things up, and you will vote for the bad guys that are holding a gun - a nuclear one- to the head of your president.
YOU BETTER GET IT WAY DOWN IN YOUR SOUL BABY.

[edit on 14-4-2006 by shot messenger]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by shot messenger
Look, the coup has been happening for over 10 years.
[edit on 14-4-2006 by shot messenger]

I will entertain the idea of a blackmailed presidency, and a tyrant Murtha, if you can give me something, ANYTHING, to back your stance...

an article that shows a different side to Murtha
an Article that shows Murtha and OBL knew each other...

seriously... I have concerns along those lines (but different names)
but give me somethin
thanks

top topics

<<   2 >>

join