It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does anyone remember mutually assured destruction? (MAD)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I seem to remember that it was the threat of not initiating a nuclear attack on another nation with the power to respond in kind, that kept the peace through the cold war years. Has this really changed? If Iran was to gain THE BOMB and indeed use it against a country which has the power to wipe it off the face of the planet in retalliation, do we all really believe that this would happen?
It also looks quite possible now that Iran has already been in possesion of these weapons for sometime anyway, as i am quite sure the intelligence agencies are all quite aware.
After all, it's not like they can't afford it now, is it?

en.rian.ru...

It would appear to me that the real reasons behind a conflict with Iran would quite simply be to install another puppet. Regime change is just another step in the direction of stitching up the middle east in the onward march of globalisation. In other words ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!!!

[edit on 13-4-2006 by the visitor]

[edit on 13-4-2006 by the visitor]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yeah, I remember the ghosts of MAD that made their appearence in my history class. But I don't really see it as a viable thing now....I don't have anything to back it up, but if we were to have an NWO, do you think that they would let the Earth be reduced to a smoldering cinder? I don't think so.

One, two, maybe ten nukes would be sent off, but not many more as I see it. Yeah I know I am talking about "only" a couple of nukes which could kill millions depending on where they are fired, but in the mind of anyone who is trying to create a one world government a few million people is a low cost to rule over a few BILLION people.

I don't like thinking that way, but sometimes to know your enemy, you must think like them, eh?

[edit on 4/13/2006 by Sir Solomon]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
i see your point but i was really refering to the total destruction of the country here as oppsed to the entire human race. i was using the MAD thing more as an example

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Iran will not go Jihad overnight. Maybe some day but not until we really annoy them. MAD works because even though Iran's government is one of the most religious in the world there is nothing in Islam that says "in the name of this great religion we should destroy all gods creation".
Anyway like in any country many of Irans leaders would probably go to hell even by the standards of their own religion. These are the "safest" leaders of them all as they have a lot to fear from MAD.

But that said Iran probably would'nt mind "frying the Holy Land". And that could make sence whether your religious or not because at the very least it would make you quite popular with a certain section of your people. Trouble is it still wouldn't make you very "popular" or "holy" if ether your people or your gods creation no longer exist.

Now some people would say otherwise; but that's my opinion.

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
And NWO want the population to be reduce to 1 billion no? So isn't bad if Iran get nuked by their way of thinking... 68 millions less to be killed... (in their minds, not my toughts)

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
You are wrong!
The key is Iran are going to make alots of terroristic attack without chastisement because of they having nuke.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
MAD only works if both sides would rather not be destroyed. With religious fanatics who are expecting the apocalypse, the thread of being destroyed in a nuke war isn't much of a detterent.

Also, in order for MAD to be in effect, both sides have to recognize that, even if they fire off all their nukes and utterly wipe out the enemy, that they themselves will be destroyed. THere is no such danger as that with Iran, and any danger of being hit by an iranian nuke goes down if iran is attacked before it can build a nuke.

Also, Iran doesn't need to hit the US or anyone else with a nuke by firing it from an official instillation within their borders, they can give it to hezbollah, like they've given them boatloads of weapons in the past.

new topics

top topics

join