It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only idiots believe in UFOs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Do you mean what are you missing in relation to UFO's or aliens?

Ok as i stated i believe in UFO's because i like evidence. There is so much evidence for UFO's it is undeniable by any logical person. Friends i have had often scoffed at structured UFO's flying around our skys. I then gave them a few things

You Can't Tell the People: The Definitive Account of the Rendlesham Forest UFO Mystery

The Sci Fi channel investigation of rendalsham forest

Several bits and pieces by Nick Pope, and a mountain of other stuff. After reading/watching all that they often changed their minds or at least accepted that something weird was going on. These were all logical, sane and careful people

I myself looked at UFO's neither believing or disbelieving. I stayed impartial and for quite a while i found no good evidence until i found a few big bits as stated, and a few more i havn't.

As for aliens, well as i said everything is very circumstantial or witness evidence. I will say that it has some good things going for it when policemen, doctors and other respectable people come forward saying they have had these experiences. This at least lends some credibility to them experiencingthese things, but it still doesn't mean it's alien. It may well be a random effect of the human sub concious. I have given this a lot of thought actually.

I have shown many people the cover of Whitley Streibers book Communion. Now i don't believe Whitley Streibers accounts but it is the picture i am interested in. Many people i have shown this too have actually been quite uncomfortable looking at it. I asked them to keep looking at it and eventually they say they don't want to, this isn't because i am being annoying either
. Most say they just feel weird, others say they feel sick and others have other feelings.

I doubt every one of these have been abducted, i think maybe there is some kind of innate fear of certain features. Why this is i dont know, maybe it's a throwback from when we still walked around in the dark without any light. I suppose some night predators had large cat like eyes. Maybe i am reaching slightly but i think maybe certain things have been imprinted on our minds.

On the other hand maybe abductions are very common and aliens have abducted many people. You won't be able to prove it unless someone gets a camera to work during an abduction. Even then though i honestly think many people wouldn't believe that video, even i would question if it was a fake.

No until an actual alien walks out in front of the white house, or hopefully lands in front of my door so we can drink a few beers in front of the news crew, then we won't have proof.

Come on ET i have some beers nice and cold, always ready.

[edit on 15-4-2006 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Hi there!

I am new to this forum, still feeling my way around...

I think a main feature of beleivers in aliens and so on is an open mind.....

And when you have an open mind, the ability to step back and say, is there really only black and white in this world, there has to be more to life then what we know........

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Why are you using a user name of trappedsoul?

If you only believe in the physical then why refer to the soul? The soul is a realm of higher development and higher potentials. It infers God like qualities to low level things like us as well as unknown potentialities in the universe.

You contradict yourself DUDE.

Are you saying that if anyone believe in souls then they also MUST believe in a god?!
I have no reasons to believe in a god yet, but I have many reasons to believe in souls!
I have myself seen some, and I know people who communicated with them!
So no, i'm not contradicting myself!

And let's stop the discussion about god now

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
From this point forward, post in a civil manner or i will lock this thread.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hey Issac,

I thought finding a negative quote like this would be simple!

Haven't found one yet ! Kinda surprised me.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
one of my personal favorites from mr. klass was the case he commented on from the midwest. my memory is a little sketchy, but i do know that it happened around the mid 80's and was featured on unsolved myteries. it involved three different police cruisers from different roads (but going in the same direction) chasing a ufo. all described the same thing in the sky. time was around 0530 in the morning. after klass first insulted the cops by dsaying that cops are not good witnesses because they are not good observers (hello!) he then went on to say they were chasing venus. that was all fine and good until some one brought up that venus had already set below the horizon when this incident occured. klass did not respond and did not say another word, only that the cops must have been chasing something else.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
As has been said, UFO’s do exist; there are Flying Objects that we can’t Identify, grainy photos or dodgy eyesight who knows…occasionally seagulls.

I assume given the location of the post that it refers to Alien piloted craft.

The Drake equation has problems such as the many variables. Some of which we can only be sure of when we find other life forms / civilisations. We need to know there is someone there to calculate the possibility that there is someone there!!

I read here that spiritualism can give you contact with “aliens”. If there were other dimensional beings that we can contact they would by definition be Alien.
Regarding spirituality I think that you find what you believe. Believe in god you will find it; believe in aliens you will find them. There is something going on with spirituality / interdimensional science but that is another discussion.

Given the lack of tangible evidence I believe that you must have an almost religious faith / belief or be mad / delusional / an idiot....some maysay there is no difference.

Are you an idiot for believing in UFO’s / Aliens or are you an idiot for wanting to believe?

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Given the lack of tangible evidence I believe that you must have an almost religious faith / belief or be mad / delusional / an idiot....some maysay there is no difference.

Are you an idiot for believing in UFO’s / Aliens or are you an idiot for wanting to believe?

Have you read my posts? I don't know about aliens but the craft themselves are real. Read up on the things i posted, Rendalsham Forest, Nick Pope etc.

The evidence for structured craft flying arond doing all sorts of thing's that our aircraft cannot do is truly enormous. It isn't just grainy photos, it is mass sightings, reputable people saying it, governments saying they didn't know what it was, radar sightings with visual recognition and so much more. This is all hard evidence for the craft themselves but as stated i don't know if they are alien or ours. I am willing to bet ours at the moment simple because i cannot find proof for them being aliens.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I do believe in UFO's. Not because I have seen an alien. I have seen something else, twice in my life.

I grew up in Montana and during the summer nights I frequently slept outside on my trampoline just to gaze at the stars, which were not faded by city light pollution. I often saw satillites streaming by in the sky. The first time I saw a UFO I mistaked it for a satillite, until it started "jumping" across the sky. It was very far up, didn't seem close to the earth. It moved across the night sky very fast and moved all over the sky. It went on for about 5-10 minutes. Then I lost sight of it.

I didn't see this again until one summer night(about 4 years later) my sister and I were gazing at the stars and I saw it again. I can't find any scientific documentation on what it was that I saw. Because I have seen this twice in my life, I know there is UFO activity going on in our universe. Yes, I believe what I saw was controlled by some or many intelligent life form(s) in our universe. Mankind that I know of, doesn't have anything that can move as fast as the UFO's that I saw moved so high in the sky.

...I am curious to know if anyone else has ever seen what I saw before? The only other person that believes me is my sister because we both saw it.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Wow I'd love to see something like that.
So did it look high enough to be in orbit, like a satellite ?
Probably impossible to judge the distance at night.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Yeah, at first it looked just as high as a satillite. Until it started to jump around the sky. Then it appeared to me that it was a lot higher than a satellite. It didn't move in any order, like a satillite or plane. It was random, fast movement all over the sky. My first thought was what the heck is this satillite doing? Then I realized it wasn't a satillite.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Right - the first thing that I feel I need to say is that skeptics never, ever, refer to certain incidents. Instead they pick on weak arguments, easily explainable cases and chew the bones of them instead of looking deeper.

Lets forget Roswell, its too vague, and too easy a target. Lets also forget Rendlesham, and a few other of the more "popular" cases.

There are, in my opinion, at least two cases in "recent" times, that stand out.

1. The Belgian UFO flap in 1989/90

2. The Tehran UFO in 1976

In BOTH these cases, state of the art interceptors (F-16's in Belgium, and F4 Phantoms in Iran (1976 remember - F4's were still the top dogs back then) were outmanovered and outmatched by objects obviously under intelligent control.

In the Belgian case the objects were recorded on gun camera, radar, visually sighted by the pilots and also by ground observers.

In the Iranian case, the object was seen by witnesses on the ground, by experienced military staff, air traffic control staff and the pilot, and - when approached by the F4 which tried to get a missile lock - retaliated by apparently shutting down the Phantoms electrical system.

In both cases the Air Forces of the countries in question admit that they have no idea what it was they were dealing with. The Belgians threw it open to the scientific community. The Iranian event was overshadowed by the revolution.

So what were they?

Alot of skeptics suggest the Belgian sightings were a secret aircraft. What they never, ever explain is why any nation would choose to test a secret aircraft over some of the most densely populated parts of Western Europe, leaving it vulnerable to being shot down or intercepted. (Pilots make mistakes btw, computers fail - its not good enough to say "it would never have happened") There is a reason the US keeps a weapons testing range the size of Switzerland in Nevada, and its not so what it tests can be accidentally shot down.

The Iranian case took place over the airspace of a then US ally, at the height of the cold war, when tensions between Israel and the Arab world were high. Again, testing anything in those circumstances is/was tantamount to suicide.

There are other interesting cases too, that maybe people should look up

- Lonnie Zamora.
- Do an internet search for "fast walker" and explain what the object was in 1984 the NSA satellite saw making a 90 degree turn away from the atmosphere
- Shag Harbour
- Betty Cash

These aren't "mainstream" for skeptics - why? Because they are hard to explain away. Take a look and see for yourselves.

Personally, after 15 years of looking at the subject I think 95% of UFO sightings can be explained as misinterpretation, lighting effects and other more mundane things

But that 5%......

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
UFOs exist. Are they pilotted by aliens? Probably not.

I hate to say this but I don't think theres any alien activity involved at all. It's just a bunch of people spreading bull#. Absolutely no credible proof or scientific proof which can confirm that an alien lifeform (or lifeforms) are involved.

So stop believing in false prophets and people like David Icke. It's all fake.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeratul
believing in aliens visiting earth is as stupid as believing in a god

Uh huh! Can't comprehend what you mean here.
Aren't aliens and Gods the same thing?
I'm under the impression that God was/is an astronaut. Von Daniken thought so too!
Can someone correct me here?

[edit on 16-4-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Well i already mentioned the Belgian UFO case, this one is a very good case and the skeptics hardly ever refer to it. When someone mentions it they either gloss over it saying "oh that isn't important" or they talk about it and try to leave out the fact that the military launched jets to intercept it.

It's a good case but it never gets mentioned in main stream media. Hey and what was wrong with the rendalsham case? It's a good solid case.

The belgian incident is still my favorite though and is the one i use when someone says that UFO's (when referring to aliens) are a load of rubbish.

[edit on 16-4-2006 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Tell your friends and collegues that only idiots DONT believe in other intelligent life.

There is no end to the universe, you cant even imagine the number of planets, you cant even imagine the number of planets like earth.

The biggest proof of intelligent alien life are are we ourselves, if the universe has no end and on earth there is intelligent life, than it is impossible that we are the only intelligent life.

you see what i mean? all it takes to know we are not alone is just common sense, look in the mirror.

i always tell people who dont believe to just look in the mirror and use some common sense

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
Hey Issac,

I thought finding a negative quote like this would be simple!

Haven't found one yet ! Kinda surprised me.

Exactly my thoughts.

I went out of my way to look in dozens of books by sceptics and SETI scientists and couldn't find any really insulting comments.

On this board and elsewhere, it is commonly complained that there is a lot of ridicule. I've found quite a bit of _implied_ ridicule but few _express_ pithy quotes ridiculing witnesses or ufologists.

All the best,

Isaac Koi

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hey Issac,

I found some quotes from Ruppelt in the 1954 (?) True article.

From " What Our Air Force Found Out About UFO's" - Ruppelt (True)

"We had our most bitter arguments with the "fans," as we called the believers. They believed in saucers with a passion that made a reasonable discussion almost hopeless. "

Snip

" In addition to the plain believers, there were the cultists and the screwballs. The cultists had clubs, societies, associations, pins, conventions and special publications, and preached the saucer the way a devout Mohammedan preached his belief in Allah. "

Snip

" The cult is nourished by literary procurers who seize on every sighting and process it for consumption. They strip each report of any information that points to a natural explanation. They drop off all qualifying data. They omit the analysis--except when the project frankly admits when it is baffled. Then they present the residue as verified fact "straight from the files of Blue Book." A popular variant on this is "from secret Air Force records."

In the scriptures of the cultist, everything reported to Blue Book is a saucer. The actual report may describe the UFO as a light six inches in diameter, an orb twice the size of the moon, a black speck in the sky, a strange blip on a radar scope, a cone-shaped object, a vague glow in the sky, a cigar-shaped figure, or a splash of light like a comet's tail. These dissimilar objects are all converted with a flick of the typewriter, into saucers. "

Snip

" The saucer project attracted screwballs in droves."

Snip

" Then there were letters. They went into a special file with the cryptic notation "C.P."--for crackpot. We got them by the hundreds. "

--Captain Edward J. Ruppelt, USAFR

- www.nicap.org...

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

So stop believing in false prophets and people like David Icke. It's all fake.

Don't bring DAvid Icke into it. The guy is either a loon or a very clever person who is cashing in on the alien idea. He hasn't provided any proof for his arguements at all, anyone can accuse people of things without evidence.

The 'flying saucer' idea has plenty of evidence from photos that havn't been doctored, official military and intelligence reports and tons of credible eye witnesses.

The alien thing is difficult to prove. As i said there are credible people who have been abducted and reported it, but this doesn't prove it. It's an interesting idea and i actually want it to be true in a way. Wanting it to be true is different from believing it though, i havn't seen any evidence which i can lay my hands on so for now that sort of puts an end to it.

Why can't ET simply leave a calling card on your pillow after an abduction? Anyone remember the Cadburys milk tray adverts? I mean if you have had something shoved up your backside they could at least leave a card.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
Hey Issac,

I found some quotes from Ruppelt in the 1954 (?) True article.

Hi Lost_Shaman,

Interesting, but we're not quite there yet...

Ruppelt is, I think, merely talking about _some_ of those that believe in UFOs.

I've read enough letters written to the UK Government to agree with most of his points.

I'm sure most people on this Forum would agree that there are _some_ crackpots out there.

I'm still having difficulty in finding quotations which say _all_ "UFO believers" (or an equivalent phrase) are idiots, nutters etc etc.

Given the common complaint about ridicule of UFO witnesses, it's surprising how difficult it is to find _any_ pithy quotes along these lines!

All the best,

Isaac Koi

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join