It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yeah it's awesome. I went through the whole game once already. I think you should buy it now!! Its only 40 bucks!! Thats a ten buck discount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Aw come on Sir Solomon don't tell me you're busy AGAIN!!!!! What about everyone else??!!!!! Falcon9021 did you get enrolled in the airforce then got yourself shotdown and killed??? Anyone interested in saying ANYTHING???? No one responed over the weekend!! I feel like I was abandoned.

[edit on 15-5-2006 by spidy]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Our internet went down, sorry spidy!

Anyway...

I got the FB-22, and I was not impressed with it. Although using the F-22 was almost like a dream, and then getting the opprotunity to use the Su-47 on the poor guys on the mision that I was able to choose it on.

One thing I don't like is that you don't get to choose your plane those first few missions. I mean, what is so bad about shooting down everything in the first pass?

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
i still recommend getting The Belkan War. That game is simply astonishing and I really like the idea of the ace styles, because i have played through....like 3 times and theres still new missions that I'm unlocking. I say hooray to the new game. And I got the X-02, that plane is aweosme.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Why was your internet down???? Was your fun messed up .i.e no dial tone??? My home internet is out so I can only be on at school. :shk::shk::shk:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by spidy
Why was your internet down???? Was your fun messed up .i.e no dial tone??? My home internet is out so I can only be on at school. :shk::shk::shk:

Oops I meant phone. I don't know why the hell I put fun.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
No, there was something funky with the wireless and the DSL, so anyway, it's working again now, so things are good.

I don't know when I will be buying any more games for a while, since I spent a big chunk on both the PS2 and the couple games I did buy, lol. Thanks for the recommendations though, I will keep them in mind as I make money

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well the longer it takes you to get the money the cheaper the games get so you probably won't need to save as much.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I havnt completed ace combat 5 yet, i'm still stuck on the mission where you have to rescue that chick by following the signal and then protecting the attack helicopter. Any suggestions? Also once you complete the game do you get a free flight mode?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBman
I havnt completed ace combat 5 yet, i'm still stuck on the mission where you have to rescue that chick by following the signal and then protecting the attack helicopter. Any suggestions? Also once you complete the game do you get a free flight mode?

Track the signal in the beginning and kill the enemy fighters or ground targets along the way, as you get close you and the squad will realize its a E767 emitting a false signal, shoot it down and follow the real signal which is similar to before but in a different location, kill more enemy fighters as they appear, once you get close to the chick she will say Blaze and the mission objective changes where you have to protect the helo that is sent to rescue her, hurry up to the chopper and shoot ground or air targets that threatens the rescue chopper. It should be easy once all things clear and wait for chopper to reach its destination.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Just bring a plane with XLAAs or XMAAs so you can destroy those enemies that come head on into you. Save your regular missles for later. When you find Nagase quickly destroy all the ground targets around the helicopters path. Then take out the fighters.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
ok thanks guys, i was trying that to begin with but i guess i'll have to keep trying. And how about that free flight mode i've read about, i have arcade and campign mode but what do i have to do to get the prior?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I can't remember which (I think it's the XMAA's), but one of the two targets multiple targets at long range. I find that when you do at a flight of four planes with these when you are heading head-on, that they can't avoid it very well. Although my tactic was to follow that up by rushing in and kicking them in close with normal missles and the cannon.

As for the Free flight mode. You need to beat the game, then when you go back into the Campaign mode and select Free Mission, you get a set of difficulty levels and the words "Free Flight". Basically this is just you zooming around. Too bad you couldn't like send in fighters for you to just fight against. That would have been awesome!

Any other questions on the game?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Thanks for clearin that up sir solomon. Pretty disapointed though i would have thought enemy aircraft would be a standard feature, oh well its still a great game.

Thanks guys

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Oh yeah! I just thought that maybe I should go back through that Aces mission a couple times to perfect that tunnel.

Oops...maybe I just ruined one of the later missions, oh well, if you read the earlier pages that would already be done, lol

The game is still a pretty darn good game with all that it has. Did you make it through the mission you were stuck on ok?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hey Sir Solomon, you thinking about buying Ace Combat Zero yet? You'd better consider, the game's so good that it may sell out in no time.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
One last question actually, whats the difference between unsung war and squadron leader? I've done a search and havnt found anything? Just different names for the same game? I've got Ace Combat 5:Squadron leader which seems to have the same features and missions. Perhaps differnt names for different regions? Pal = Squadron Leader NTSC = Unsung War perhaps?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I think Squaron leader is just the British version or something. It could be Russian or English version. I'm not exactly sure.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If anyone has quetsons on Ace Combat 4, 5, or Zero please don't hesitate to e-mail or send a u2u to me or you can post your question right here in this thread.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
ace combat 5 is my favorite flight sim game. I havent played the new one yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join