It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New American Revolution? Really?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
OK, I am intrigued about the magazine, but at the same time, waaaayy to lazy to go to the store and read the article. Is it about "A New Americans Revolution" in the way we are saying it?

To be honest with you guys, I wasn't aware that this would illicit this many intelligent, albeit horribly spelled, responses to my question. And now its in a magazine? Maybe this is a little hotter issue than I thought. Tis a good day.

I thought maybe I was reading too much Malcolm X, or Mumia Abu-Jamal, or Huey P., or listening to too much Rage Against the Machine, or perhaps Public Enemy. I have to admit that I have felt very "revolutionary" lately. I have this renewed ambition to follow more politics (even though it makes me sick). I've been in the mood to read about people like Leo Peltier, Mumia, The BP party, MOVE, and I am almost finished with Wretched of the Earth by Frantz Fanon.

Its kinda odd.

And then I see it isn't just me...

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think the revolution will happen sometime in 2008, because I think Bush has another planned "Terrorist Attack," and he will use that to stay in office somehow, and the people will figure him out and there will be mass civil unrest. Then he will declare martial law, and then all hell will break loose.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm an American through and through, my family came over on the Mayflower and fought in the Revolution, I'm also a big fan of Jeffersonian ideals, having said that I'd like to state that:

A revolution is far over due. We needed a revolution when the Federal Reserve Bank started, we needed one when the Federal Government became more powerful than the state governemnts, we needed one when the Fed started taxing us, we needed one when we were taken off the gold standard, we needed one when the government started telling us what we can't say, we needed one when the government decided they can take your land, we needed one when the governemnt started restricting our freedom of religion, when the government started restricting your right to bear arms, when the credit/debt system was allowed, when politicians started taking money from corporations, when corporations were allowed to own property, when the president became a ceo as well, when political correctness began to rule, when there were only two parties left, when NAFTA passed, when CAFTA passed, when politicians refused to do anything about rampant illegal immigration, when they lied about 9/11, when they lied about Iraq, when they started drugging our children, when the news started making up stories and on and on.

Yes, we are long long over due for a revolution and that is based not on my own opinions but on the principles on which our great nation was founded. The America we know today is, far and wide, not the America our forefathers died for.

The ugly truth is that it's far too easy to speak of revolution, far too simple to say it won't happen because people won't listen. While you spout revolutionary rhetoric take a second to understand what you are truly advocating. There will be nothing pretty or romantic about a revolution, it will be violent, destructive, merciless and ugly. It won't be a split down a clean line like Dems vs. Reps, the split will occur down ideological lines, those who believe in the true spirit of America and those who've been brainwashed by the federal government. Your enemy will be your friends. your brothers, maybe even your parents. Dying for what you believe in is the easy part, it's killing for what you believe in that's hard. Are you willing to watch your home town be bombed and burned as your neighbors scream in agony while you watch and let them die becasue they are your enemy?

War is war and once a revolution starts it would be a fight for survival on both ends, you will HAVE to kill or you, your comrades and your way of life will die.

I am frankly getting a little tired of people speaking idly of revolution without truly considering the horrors that it will bring. I don't believe there is a non-violent solution to revolution (I am NOT advocating violence) because if the Federal Government and the Corporations feel they are losing power they will do everything they can to regain it. If you stood on a soap box and preached, gaining ever more followers, there is a good chance you will be assinated or quieted in some other way. Just because you didn't wish to begin the revolution in a violent way doesn't mean it will not end violently.

Be careful what you say on this board, talk of revolution and war should never be taken so lightly and in a public forum like this "Big Brother" is not only watching he's saving your posts and IP adresses.

The fact of the matter is that a revolution could very well lead to the death of America completely.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have read a lot about civil unrest and the like. What I have discovered is that any successful revolution will be a violent one. There is no revolution for policy change, or civil rights, or workers rights, or human rights.

Successful revolutions are over land. You fight for a spot to start over. This should be a terrifying thing to even consider, as said above. Great change will not come from protests and boycotts. They will come from violence.

I also want to second what was posted above...THEY are listening. Be careful what you say and advocate. We don't need anyone on Uncle Sam's naughty list.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The revolution is definetly coming, as a matter a fact it may be going on now. I've been hearing about major splits in the government between civilian and military leadership, not to mention other conspiracys that have been flying around.

There have been major scandals throughout Bush's whole term.

Bush seems incompetent.

People are fed up with the system, are we really in a democracy? Do we really control this country?

The dangerous game being played with more mid-east countries, whose threats are exaggerated.

The patriot acts.

The questions surrounding 9/11

Mass immigration

Terrorism, real or faked doesn't matter.

And a major divide on what America should be about. What should it really look like. Remeber the last time that happened.

Then there are interesting race divides returning only adding to tensions. I mean there are freaking nazi's marching through black neighborhoods, and there are mainstream forces trying to promote racism.

There is the very high tensions between sexes it just shows more lack of peace in america internally.

I read something won time that said the government is waging wars over seas to stop a war breaking out at home.

Bush has usurped alot of powers to himself.

Yeah I'd say were heading there slowly, all we need is catalyst, and that will come from the mid-east or terrorism. Probably both because either one will have a negative effect on the economy, and things will get ugly. And to think how long did it take to get to this? 5 years or a decade, or maybe 30 years. I'll let you decide.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I say this to EVERYONE on here irregardless of who you would and will fight for during revolution:
When the fighting starts put your words where your mouth is and take a side or back off and admit you want no part in it.
As others and I have said: (roughly defined) You can talk till your blue in the face but it wont change what you will do in the moment of decision.
All wars are bloody, but we can control that blood flow to an extent, remember this every single time you think about war:
The enemy is hurt more by desertion than by slaughter.
With every deserter you gain one more fighter.
Yet if you kill them all you have gained only land and power, but have gained no support.
The only thing people on here can do is talk about it, nothing more, nothing less. When the time comes we will all have to make a decision then stand by it, there is no going back in an event like this. We will never know who the other person here is in real life even if we came face to face with them on the street, but we must be able to identify each other by ideals, to be able to unite around a cause not a person.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Im not going to really get into "American Revolution" but the methods of revolution.
In a violent take over of the government, i think it will be a complete failure. As soon as anyone took up arms agaisnt the government, propaganda would run everywhere, demonizing the insurgents to get public opinion behind the government. Making the dissendents seem like a extreme wing of people, rather than a revolution. Then the military will come in and surpress the rebellion.

I personaly believe that a peaceful take over is the only way to overthrow any western-capitalistic nation. People have to realise that they give politicians powers themselves. If you dont view or recognize Bush as president, he is not the president. If the masses have this view, a revolution can take place. The elite are only the elite because the people let them be. Now imagine millions apon millions of people gathering in some public area, the military will not take action. If you were a military man, would you shoot as millions of unarmed people, of your own nation?
I dont think so. People need to gain the power back by realizing themselves they have the power to wield. Once this happens, maybe Marx's theories will play out.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
If anyone wants a good acount of what a modern revolution would be like then you have to read The Turner Diaries, I know it's notrouiously racist so I won't post a link here but it's violent as all hell and very much like Red Dawn. 5 minutes on Google and you'll find an online version. Or you can go through Wikipedia to find it

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Err... I thought that book sucked. It was boring. I don't think I even finished it. Racist is an understatement.

Imagine Saving Private Ryan with more efficient weapons, and rather than Germans...your friends, your family, your neighbors, etc...

Its not pretty. We should all pray that it never happens. But, if we stay on course I don't see petitions and bake-sales saving our American Dream.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I agree with everyone that has previously posted. I believe that a revolution is long overdue in the United States. Time and time again the federal government has blatantly showed it's corruption to the American people by allowing great injustices to occur; such as, allowing a great tide of illegal immigrants to enter into the country to take over the jobs that have not yet been shipped off to foriegn countries due to NAFTA. Also, the government has screwed the common people over and over time and time again : Enter the patriot act; If the government feels that you are in any way, shape, or form a threat to "national security" they come to your house and take you away no questions asked.

I believe that the revolution that the previous posters discussed has already begun. It began when one inteligent person discovered the injustices committed by the government and then enlightened two other people. These two people then told two people, causing a ripple effect to be created until eventually all of the public will have been made aware to the corruption and immorality of the government.

I think that once this occurs, the government will try to protect itself by instating a martial law, but this will be defied by many people and a physical, not just intellectual, revolution will begin. After several months / years of fighting, the people will emerge victorious but at a huge cost of losing many friends and loved ones.

After the revolution is over, I believe that a completely new form of government must be created, one that does not favor capitolism. I am fed up, as i am sure many others are as well, with the backwardsness of our current society. An example being : a doctor will buy their undeserving child an $80,000 car, and at the same time refuse to due a surgery for free because he will "lose money".

I think that a new government using the best of both communism (the actual idea of communism as Marx believed it) and democracy should be created so that people will become social and economic equals while still retaining the rights of freedoms that come with a democratic government.

There have been several previous "uprisings" in the United States shortly before the actual civil war started, but due to lies from both the media and the government, the revolutionaries were deemed crazy and anti-democratic. If we truly want a revolution to occur, we must ignore the lies that the media feeds us and become enlightened so that we can make heads and tails of what is going on around us. Only then, will we have a chance of creating a better country for our future generations.

The only real advice I can give to anyone about the upcoming revolution is that, once is begins, join the side that will provide a better life for future generations, and not to lose sight of the end goal.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I saw a glimmer of a revolution during the 2004 presidential elections. It gave me goose bumps watching the protests.

This nation is split down the center.. theres no doubt it's going to start soon unless the next president can somehow mend the wounds. But I don't see that happening because the government have been keeping those wounds open for many decades.

The only problem, is that no one has a reason to start a revolution. In order to start a revolution, you need the support of the nation (or atleast half the nation).. and no 2 people are alike. Everyone has different views and opinions on controversial subjects. And mostly, the majority of the nation are brainwashed into thinking theres nothing wrong.

So no one will step up for the challenge.. because they don't want to be charged with treason for inacting a revolution that may or may not hold.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
We dont need a revolution...we need a change...we depend to much on the federal govt...and thats not how our forefathers intended...power needs to go back to the state and local govts...you cannot realistically have one federal body constantly gain power of 250 million people...its too large of a group to decide whats important for people...the needs of NY are far different from the needs of Montana...

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Of all the reading that I have done, I have not come across any revolution that was not preceded by famine. Pans et Circenses...as valid today, as it was thousands of years ago.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I dont think it will be a revolution as such, but more a coup de tat involving the top military brass.

This will simply make it a fairly painless transition of government with minimal bloodshed and will happen overnight, with many Americans simply waking to the news that they have a new govt.

Tired of war, this will also be followed by America withdrawing her troops from overseas & closing her borders (in effect).

[edit on 1-7-2006 by dscomp]

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I feel we desperately need a change, a revolution, whatever! Our congress is so corrupt, everything is just filthy. Not that it has always been great, but now it is horrible. Our government is like Rome's government. And everyone knows that America has had such a hard and crazy history for the youngest nation. All my friends and family absolutely despise what the government is doing. I try not to think about it because I get so angry. There will be a change. For the better. If Bush attacks other countries for other reasons, the people will be fuming. But that won't start anything. If our economy crashed, that WILL start something.

I still would like to believe that some people believe in the real America. America was meant to be a great country, the first country where all the outcasts so to speak could call home. The place where religion wasn't supposed to be a strong hold on anything. The place where we all had a say. What happened, it really makes me sad.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This isn't just going to be an american revolution, it's going to be a worldwide revolution!
One simple way to stick "THEM" where it hurts is to STOP Paying income tax.
They can't throw all of us in jail.
Don't invest in the stock market, get out of the city and in to the country.
Haven't you wondered why there is so much anti-redneck-country bumpkin propaganda? Cause the brainwashing wears off and you can think clearly outside the reach of the media.
If it comes to violence------use "THEIR" strengths as weakness.
The media has become very centralized under the control of media tycoons. You need to take out the media's ability to demonize the rebellion. The revolutionaries should round up the media tycoons & mogals, use IRS ghestappo tactics on the media barons, burn their property, Make the media barons more scared of the people than the Gov't.
Crash wall street by everyone cashing in their investments, getting rid of paper assests and switching to gold, silver and lead for protection. Don't use banks.
Don't ever vote for the top 2 political parties cause then the elite will have to use even more of their resources to buy off even more candidates. DEMAND that your GOV"T READ OUT LOUD ALL Acts of Parliament, Congress, the Senate, & executive orders before allowing them to pass. No more sneaking through NewYork telephone book size bills that nobody can possibly read and understand.
Demand the removal of the BAR ASSOCIATION, Shakespears said "First we have to kill all the lawyers" he was right. Them lawyers were the ones that have perverted the langauge with "legaleze"
Demand the abolishment of the IRS, CCRA, NSA, CIA, FBI, CSIS, MI6, Mossad, KGB, NO MORE TAX FUNDED SECRET POLICE!
There are no turban wearing terrorists, it's all a lie to control you with fear.
I know my names already on the red list. I can forget about going to the civillian re-education centers & will end up directly at the gas chamber for simply reading about my un alienable rights for GOD not the GOV'T.
disclaimer"AVOID VIOLENCE UNLESS SELF DEFENSE if possible." Not to be contrued as legal advice, people must think for themselves.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
All Wars are Economic in Origin. their solution is also;
you dont need to shed blood to bring any corporation to their knees, you simply stop buying and actively boycott their product. End of story, company is gone in 30 days. No more problem.

As far as Government, you have the OBLIGATION and the MECHANISM to overthrow your government every 4 years. Revolutionairies call them Presidential Elections. These are offset every 2 years by congressional elections.

People cannot get off their butts and vote, but they will kill another person because they dont like their Government....HELLO..?? it is Apathy that is killing America, but these same apathetic lazy A$$ people will become guerilla fighters? i dont think so.

Decision are made by those that show up

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
when I left the military in 1997 i had no clear direction of what goals i had for myself so i moved around to a few different states, visiting friends, working here and there at odd jobs.
one of those jobs was in Knoxville Tn where my neighbor was an older man named Lloyd and we would sit out on the porch at night during the summer and our talk would always go back to politics/society no matter what we started on.
We had always agreed between us that there would be a civil war or revolution within 25 years.

i moved away from there in 1999, and since then there has been 9/11, the war in Iraq, the muscle flexing with both Iran and North Korea, I have always told my wife that being at war with middle east countries does not scare me, but being at war with Korea or China does.
Anyway, all this has happened within 5 years starting with 9/11 which i am very skeptical about.
I remember in 2001 regular octane was approx $1.10
I remember talking to my stepson explaining why the war in afghanistan was needed and why we should support what Bush was doing.
Looking back at that now i have to ask myself if i was asleep or on drugs or something like that, not thinking clearly.

The way there have been so many changes with this country over the last 5 years I think the 25 year opinion Lloyd and I had is very rapidly approaching to becoming a reality.

My feeling on this subject is it will happen before or during 2008, Bush will not release his presidency and scary times will follow within days or weeks of this

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
For a revolution to happen?

Comfort levels must drop through the floor, so that people do not care about what happens about their consequences.
For one thing, the inability to afford cable or satellite TV would be a start for the irritation to begin, a lack of propaganda and a lack of entertainment join forces to wake people up. They want their TV back and they want to be able to afford to live comfortably, drink beer and watch American idle or football while putting their minds on neutral trying to forget their lousy jobs they must go to all week in order to afford the pleasure to have their minds numbed.
The concentration of the media has to be fragmented on The TV, ironically the Canadian senate is raising the alarm over media concentration, perhaps the Canadian senate is not entirely useless after all?!
www.theglobeandmail.com...

People are also uninformed when they vote, people should be asked questions on what is really important to them, without all the vitriol, put into a computer and matched with the party which most closely matches their ideals, if something like this was done with honest intentions and people voted with their minds, and not their hearts, you would see revolutionary parties come to the forfront. Boiled down I mean this, people should have the facts, be informed and vote accordingly, as of now people vote the best 'showman', the best 'tugger of emotions', People need to get smart, not with their heart, with their heads.
Too many sheeple.

People must also lose their homes en masse, be unable to afford rent, a mass of homeless people seek comfort, that is a great motivator, comfort demotivates, that's human nature.
So the PTB waves the carrot on the stick, to keep us thinking we feel secure, we've got to serve our masters to get our reward, just enough comfort to serve our masters well and keep us satisfied so we can go back to the lazy boy. We've worked bloody hard for the priveledge to do nothing!
People must unite, dividing people politically, is it by design?
US citizens are polarised to the left and to the right, our drug laws polarise the people who like to smoke and grow pot, pitted against those who would like to see 'those types' thrown in prison'.
Baby boomers and gen 'x', and gen 'y', or whatever must not be divided by age, but unite as 'just citizens'.
Their is too much fragmentation, a lack of a common cause; again, when we lose our comfort level things will change, we all like comfort and security.

Take away the TV's, add a bit of financial insecurity and thwarted dreams, then you will have a revolution starting, from the revolution of the minds to the revolution on the march.
When their is nothing to lose...
As of now, people still have enough comfort and don't want to lose what they've worked so hard for, the carrot is tastey looking still, and they don't want to risk losing the carrot.

"Don't make me get up offa my ass!"

No revolution today.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
An armed revolution in the united states is impossible.
The average american city has only two days of fresh drinking water supply, and a week of food supplies tops. The US Government controls the ports, the land, the skies, and an unimaginable host of high tech weapons.

Please review the events of 9/11 and Katrina to see how the government will easily maintain
power and cow the citizens.

In the event that the whole country goes ape-#### crazy and starts shooting everything in sight, and the government follows up with armed troops, robot bombers, etc. The 350,000,000 man Chinese army would be marching in to bring "peace", if not them then the UN.

A new slave class would be all thats left of the middle class, the old and poor would be wiped out easily first, the Constitution would be tucked away in a warehouse next to the Ark of the Covenant never to be seen or heard from again.

The Revolution will not be realized.

[edit on 1-7-2006 by Legalizer]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join