It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My problem with the ATS Forums

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
ive been here for like 3 months maybe....and i already got "fighter"...sometimes u just have to take the heat and not take it so personally

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I personally have been here like 2 weeks, where as I previously came from a forum where flaming and intelligence were mixed evenly, so you had to keep on your toes... I felt ATS was like a vacation whenever someone would start a 'fight'. But I have learned to spend my time on loving everyone on ATS, dumb or smart, kind or cruel, bad or good... We are family

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Let me just say this. I have probably incurred the wrath of many members ignore buttons in my short time here on ATS, as I love a debate and will often through in a loaded comment or two to provoke the desired reaction out of an opponent. However, one method that always seems to work is to stop replying back to me. That'll shut me right up. To date it is a most effective weapon that I have no answer to. If anyone tries to take a thread to a place you don't want it to go, just ignore them, starving them the attention they crave.

At any rate, the moderators do a fantastic job here, making it by far the most enjoyable forum, let alone conspiracy forum, I have come across on the web. They do not tolerate the abusive language and personal attacks which run riot in most other forums I have come across, and the site has something to offer for everyone, no matter where your interests lie. The integrity of this site is one of the hallmarks of ATS. Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I would like to add to the fact that I have been treated very well here so far. As a newbie I didn't think I would get the responses I did. Newcomer section is great, lots of help. I like it here!

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
lets not forget the "only posting one line" when many do but the "mods" are only biased towards a few or when they don't like what is said in the one line.

which is tantamount to censorship

my response to the one line slap on the wrist is:

a big fat tttttthhhhhhppppppttttt.

and if you don't like that then: tttthhhhhhppppppttttt

[edit on 15-4-2006 by bigx01]

[edit on 15-4-2006 by bigx01]

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
quite a bit can be said with few words

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
IMHO , most of the posters who make the biggest fuss about thier percieved abuses or " mod negligence " of the one liner rule , do NOT actually have any idea what the one liner prohibition actually means .

its not a blanket ban on a single line reply , rather a ban on crap like

" bump "

" me too "

" you suck "

or other such crap which plague other forums . some one line answers are all that are needed . that is why mods " ignore " them

but all this are in the various FAQ pages - you newbies did read the FAQs didnt you - if not why not - the admins and mods put a lot of time and effort into them - they are for your benefit

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
" bump "
" me too "
" you suck "

or other such crap which plague other forums . some one line answers are all that are needed . that is why mods " ignore " them

Basicly, something that has no relevance to the subject of the thread.

(I just did a one liner
And it had a decent amount of information in it)

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigx01
quite a bit can be said with few words

like i said. quite a bit can be said with few words

JAK

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yes bigx01, that can be the case. Indeed a quick peek at this post by SimonGray hints at exactly that:
Short/one line comments which "...contribute nothing to the discussion." is the phrase which seems to have caused some difficulty, but as some members above have taken the time to correctly point out.

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

...some one line answers are all that are needed . that is why mods " ignore " them
Glad we got that cleared up then. As this thread seems to have run it's course now it will be closed.

Thank you,

Jak

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join