It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google is censoring 9-11 data- dont use it for research

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
yes i had no problem with the searches at all, in new jersey(i forgot to post that yesterday sorry laz)

anyway i clear out cookies, run spyware things, adaware and all that. might be why.

anyway i figure ill drop my link in here to my research i did about Health Effects on 9/11 connection to possible smoking gun to 9/11 demolition.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

enjoy.

ps im glad everything is back to normal, i like google lol

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I think this is not any different than what they are doing with China.. in limiting results for certain searches there as well.. If they are paid enough money by a specific state they will do what they are asked to do and screw the truth or freedom of information for the users because we aren't the ones lining their pockets directly with cash.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
They fixed it now, at my other computer as well...

So Google is subject to public pressure... that is good, and required for a business to do well in America (ethically anyway)

businesses should exist due to the publics support... not the private interests that influence them outside stockholders best interests.
especially info service businesses...

Be vigiliant people... and if you notice Google pulling funny stuff again...
jump on them...

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yep, I'm back at work and now get the uncensored version. Heh, interesting.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I've suspected they were censoring for awhile now. For example, I've been interviewed on 3 net radio stations and linked by people who have read my e-books, on countless messageboards, have 2 web domains dedicated to the topic, a blog in space, podcasts, and a blog on blogspot.com, and yet, the only way to pull up my e-books is with the EXACT title. It can't be pulled up with any of the words in the title. It has to be the exact title. That tells me that some sites are put into some kind of restrictive vaccuum, where they naturally will not glean hits unless the searcher is looking specifically for the title. That's not how a search engine is supposed to work. To give you some idea, I tried one of the words in the title and 48 pages later, Google still hadn't generated my e-book link. In fact, a person who had a screen name that contained the same word, had a link way before page 48.. The e-books have been on the net for almost a year, have countless links to them from other people's sites and forums, and yet, you can't find them without the exact titles. Something's fishy in Denmark.

(EDIT: Well, I take that back. You can't find my e-books with "Abyss", "Nibiru" or "Wormwood," but you can find one of them with the word "Anunnaki", although it's on page 6. Weird. The meta tags and titles are all correct and sufficient for the search engine spiders. So allow me to correct my prior statement and say, you can't find one of my e-books without the exact title and the other one, can only be found by one of its title words, "Anunnaki" but it cant be found with the other title word, "Abyss." What are the odds? )

[edit on 14-4-2006 by undo]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
And even odder yet: I maintain the Official Website of Dr. Willis E. McNelly, the compiler of the Dune Encyclopedia (from the scifi series: Dune). It can't be found on Google at all! Not even with the exact title.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Check this link out (for that matter search for "google censorship")
and you will find far more than the China issue.

Google wipes left wing site off net searches

I can tell you right now, that if you wanted to pay for advertising, they wouldn't accept your request, unless your site "passed their conservative inspection"
seriously... (they will even offer to help you clean it up)
If you have anything anti NWO, or anti Bush, or anti conservative, they pick on you...

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Erm, my stuff is not left or right wing, conservative or liberal. So I don't think that's it. My working theory so far is, that this has something to do with that invisible ceiling you hear tell about from time to time. As a friend of mine is fond of saying: there's not a liberal or conservative political body in America, not really. They are on the same side.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Correction, there's a liberal and conservative body at the lower eschelons, but not in the upper reaches.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I personally have been using dogpile, sor searches, works great. Their is another player out their, kinda new to the scene, but it seems to work as good or better than all others , so try Accoona, it is a search engine that uses artificual intelligence, it learns as it goes. The next breakthrough? Who knows!

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This is simple. They initially cencored it, but A.J. busted them, and within days they had it all back up and they even syndicated prisonplanet into google news. in a matter of days every single prisonplanet article was fed into google news.

But, google is still in bed with The Man.

People forget that Page and Brin were funded by NSF grants on the DLI project, which is one of the reasons Google exists. Elliot Schrage, Vice President, Global Communications and Public Affairs, was in the Council on Foreign Relations. Matt Cutts, a key Google engineer, used to work for the National Security Agency. Google wants to hire people with security clearances. Google Earth/Maps technology comes from their acquisition of Keyhole Inc., which is supported by In-Q-Tel, a venture capital firm funded by teh CIA, in an effort to "identify and invest in companies developing cutting-edge information technologies that serve United States national security interests." Google "merged" with NASA, and like everything else mentioned about Google since, nobody mentions that.

See also:
www.boston.com...
www.google-watch.org...

Use Scroogle + Yahoogle:
www.scroogle.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have never had a problem.

But then again I do often change the Google domain to see the different filtering (.com, .co.uk, .co.je, .com.au eg.).

As has been reported Google did filter the results that have been mentioned. But you could still get results from .co.uk etc. If they filtered all the worldwide domains in all languages then I would worry. Perhaps they did not think that average Google user was unable to utilise this trick

That said, the the paranoia of Uncle Sams residents does worry me.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allah the moon god
I have never had a problem.

But then again I do often change the Google domain to see the different filtering (.com, .co.uk, .co.je, .com.au eg.).

As has been reported Google did filter the results that have been mentioned. But you could still get results from .co.uk etc. If they filtered all the worldwide domains in all languages then I would worry. Perhaps they did not think that average Google user was unable to utilise this trick

and why do concerned citizens in Uncle Sam Land worry you?

IMAGINE a world where wars are fought over the internet; where TV broadcasts and newspaper reports are designed by the military to confuse the population; and where a foreign armed power can shut down your computer, phone, radio or TV at will.
In 2006, we are just about to enter such a world. This is the age of information warfare, and details of how this new military doctrine will affect everyone on the planet are contained in a report, entitled The Information Operations Roadmap, commissioned and approved by US secretary of defence Donald Rumsfeld and seen by the Sunday Herald.
www.sundayherald.com...

BEIJING -- China's official Internet industry association is calling on its members to help the government suppress material deemed subversive or immoral.

"Unhealthy information" online has harmed Chinese children and threatens social stability, the Internet Society of China said in a statement. The 5-year-old group is the government-sanctioned association for Internet service providers and Chinese Web sites.
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ok they fixed it, but wait.
We now know their game.
We only know for sure they fixed that one entry, what about all the rest. If they think i trust that to be the case then, lol.
Stuff em, use something else, they blew it.
No doubt google will own many, so be careful what you use.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allah the moon god

The apathy towards big brother by the residents accross the pond worries me.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I just wanted to bump this with an update...
I haven't dropped this, but need some free time to sum the story up...
lots of demands on time right now... sorry guys.

I will return with more info, I promise
until then,
enjoy some cheescake, and enjoy many of the other fine threads

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Would it be even remotely possible to make a home made search engine? I know the internet is a hell of alot larger than it was when google first started, but surely there must be a way to search the entire web without having to have your query censored by a third party or filtered to produce results that cater to the interests of advertisers or Big Brother. I think there would be an explosive demand for an open source search engine, especially considering the direction these large search engines are heading lately.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Actually, there used to be a search engine called "search king" that a friend of mine created.
it was based upon similar "crawler" technology that google uses, that searches every address on the net, and finds its own words to data pile.

Pretty easy for the right person to do... of course, it took several speedy servers to do the data crawling, so time would be a concern...

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
link below to a video banned by big brother ongoogle video within days

www.livevideo.com... tion/08A999D1741A4FDBA1BC867E8D1BECB3/banned-by-big-brother.aspx

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join