It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Singapore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Hiya people, Elex here..was referred to this site by my bassist, and i got stuck haha! I'm not as eloquent as some of the people here, but if i got something to say about something u guys sure will hear it. Till then, cheers!

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Hi there, Elex.

Welcome to ATS. I hope that you have fun and enjoy your stay here.

Here are some links that you might find useful.

Terms And Conditions

ZeddicusZulZorander's handy ATS Handbook

ATS Points System

How to Complain or offer Suggestions

ATS Etiquette

Quoting Reference

List of Avatar Artists

Threads without tags

New Members Need Points, Heres a fast way!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mini Tutorial #1.
And how to quote outside of the box:

Many new members are making mistakes while using quotes, and their replies are winding up inside of the quote box. Follow this illustration, and start replying 'Outside the box!'.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Mechanic 32.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hi Elex,

Welcome to ATS,ATSNN,BTS,P@ATS and Ignorance Denied.

Please take a moment to read the Terms And Conditions Of Use of AboveTopSecret.com, LLP.

Smokin' BQB Threads is the one stop place for all your ATS Board Questions & Business.

Zedd's Handbook of ATS Links is the ATS "Users Manual".

Enjoy your time here, and happy posting.

sanctum.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   

posted by Elex: “Hi ya people, Elex here..was referred to this site by my bassist /?/ and I got stuck haha! I'm not as eloquent as some of the people here, but if I got something to say about something you guys sure will hear it. Till then, cheers! [Edited by Don W]

Eloquence is not as important as content. I notice you are 12 hours ahead of me - in Jacksonville FL and using EDT - and it is 27 deg. C. there and just 18 deg. C. here. It will get warmer during the day as we have a mostly sunny forecast. Welcome!

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Elex, Welcome!

Singapore ROCKS! I'm a definite fan of the Land of the Merlion.

As I so often say, don't forget that the ATS staff is here to help, so don't hesitate to ask for help if you run into trouble or just want some advice.

The ATS universe is at your fingertips.

Have fun with it!

Edit: Compulsive typo edit.

[edit on 4/13/2006 by Majic]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Singapore ROCKS! I'm a definite fan of the Land of the Merlion.

Singapore ROCKS!

Haha! Well maybe, but according to this certain website "Singapore is lock stock and barrel in the NWO." Hmmm. Anyway i'm happy to be here too!

(Mod edit: And here I am already nagging you about trimming your quotes. Don't worry, I'm really not evil, just fanatical, you see.

Please check this out: Trim Those Quotes!

We know it takes a while to get the hang of ATS, so please don't take any of this the wrong way. Remember you can U2U us or submit a Suggestion anytime for help. -- Majic)

[edit on 4/13/2006 by Majic]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Glad you could find us here at the great ATS, enjoy your long stay!
All The Secrets

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Hello Elex
Welcome to ATS, glad you decided to join.

Sure you'll find plenty to interest you arround here.

JM

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS Elex enjoy your stay.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elex
Hiya people, Elex here..was referred to this site by my bassist, and i got stuck haha! I'm not as eloquent as some of the people here, but if i got something to say about something u guys sure will hear it. Till then, cheers!

Welcome Elex. This place is vast and a lot of subjects covered with many passionate posters. I just arrived here and Very Cool is all I can say. And even funnier I referred my Bass player to here recently. Rock On.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted by Elex: “Hi ya people, Elex here, referred to this site by my bassist, and I got stuck haha! I'm not as eloquent as some of the people here, but if I got something to say about something you guys sure will hear it. Till then, cheers! [Edited by Don W]

Caning. To cane. I’m interested in caning. In America, we have over 10,000,000 “incidents” a year involving young people under age 18, which we call “juvenile” in the state’s legal system. The Federal government does not have a juvenile law but instead uses 26 ½ years of age as the cut off for what they label as “youthful” offenders. A very large proportion of incidents are committed by repeat offenders. Our system relies on conversation or gentle persuasion to prevent or stop these offenses. Counseling is the American mantra for any disagreeable conduct.

I’m of the opinion that really petty offenses - loud noises - trashing a public place - breaking windows - petty thefts - boisterous conduct - which needs to be dealt with, but which costs too much under our current procedures. It seems to me that caning offers the perfect solution to a vexing problem.

Could you offer some comments on this system of swift and inexpensive justice?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Hey Elex, welcome to ATS. So, how long did you lurk around before you decided to register lah?

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Lol. 2 weeks? And you don't use "lah" like that! Heh heh

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite

posted by Elex: “Hi ya people, Elex here, referred to this site by my bassist, and I got stuck haha! I'm not as eloquent as some of the people here, but if I got something to say about something you guys sure will hear it. Till then, cheers! [Edited by Don W]

Caning. To cane. I’m interested in caning. In America, we have over 10,000,000 “incidents” a year involving young people under age 18, which we call “juvenile” in the state’s legal system. The Federal government does not have a juvenile law but instead uses 26 ½ years of age as the cut off for what they label as “youthful” offenders. A very large proportion of incidents are committed by repeat offenders. Our system relies on conversation or gentle persuasion to prevent or stop these offenses. Counseling is the American mantra for any disagreeable conduct.

I’m of the opinion that really petty offenses - loud noises - trashing a public place - breaking windows - petty thefts - boisterous conduct - which needs to be dealt with, but which costs too much under our current procedures. It seems to me that caning offers the perfect solution to a vexing problem.

Could you offer some comments on this system of swift and inexpensive justice?

Swift and inexpensive AND extremely painful and scarred for life, yes. But i personally feel that counselling/rehab is much more useful. If i was caned for an offence like vandalism, i'm scarred for life and would probably be very bitter about it, and all the anger builds up and i would probably end up doing something infinitely worse than what i got caned for in the first place!

But of course rehab/counselling for hundreds of thousands of disaffected youth is not that easy....

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elex
...And you don't use "lah" like that! Heh heh

Dun worrylah, I'm well aware how it's used
Everyday I'll use lah many times, for thislah, for thatlah. Everythinglah! It's all good, dun play play

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Hi Elex, good to see a fellow Singaporean here.

"Have you eaten?"

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Lazerlordz? Hmmm...i know you from another forum as well. Guess which? LOL

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
welcome to ats, Elex. if u need help, u can ask someone to adopt u. hope u have an enjoyable stay.

top topics

join