It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedy Central refuses to show Muhammad on South Park?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yeah uh, they totally blacked it out on purpose.... A quick refresher for all of you that think they did it because comedy central was restricting them, go watch season 5 episode 4 "super best friends"....

quote : "Muhammad, the muslim prophet, with the power of fire!" and it totally shows him through out the show.

Again I totally agree that our media should not be controlled by other countries. And we should not tolerate the intolerant
(to an extent, i mean my grandparents on my dad's side are muslim and they're not by any means extremist...)

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Just because Comedy Central allowed the image of M for Super Best Friends doesn't mean they necessarily allowed it for the newer episode.

Keep in mind what happened in between those two episodes. The whole international cartoon debacle sparked-off, and that changed things. When Super Best Friends aired, it was a different time. South Park has crossed a LOT of boundaries, but I think Comedy Central was backed into a corner, and had to censor the image due to concerns about lost profits (prophets?).

Read back on this thread a bit and see if there isn't a statement from Comedy Central, if I remember correctly they admitted to censoring the image of M against the wishes of the show's creators.

Edit: check page five, and go from there.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
What makes Muslims so special that only THEY are protected from being made fun of?

Muslims will murder you and your family for making fun of them.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

hands down the most stupid quote i have read on ATS for some time now.
Go ahead, make fun of me....see if i will do as you said. Or wait a minute, did you mean "extremists". But thats not what you said. Was it.

[edit on 26-7-2006 by geek101]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I gotta agree with geek...

That was a pretty ignorant statement.

'Muslims' as a group, are indestinguishable from any other group. Find me a country/state/community without violent idiots; I'll pack the car and leave tonight...

There aren't many muslims where I live currently. Despite that..it's the strangest thing..we still have people killed over verbal disputes. In fact, just two days ago, a man shot another man in the face because of something that was said, and then took a hostage. A standoff with police ensued, and it was a pretty big deal...

About a week before that a man was beaten severely with a metal pipe, his assailants were four young white men in a pickup truck. They attacked him after he waved to one of the men, who he knew casually, from his workplace. :shk:

If you have a problem with this behavior, I suggest you confine your criticisms to the behavior itself, and not to the groups who exhibit it, considering the fact that all groups exhibit it, in roughly equal proportions.

Just because we don't have many cartoon-related arsons in America doesn't mean we don't have arsons and murders and so on, based on equally stupid justifications. Really, what's the difference? Who cares why people do these horrible things?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

What makes Muslims so special that only THEY are protected from being made fun of?

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Amuk]

I suggest your follow up your reply with some research into the banned south park episodes. Notice how even though this episode was viewed as being offensive, they did not pull it, only censor it, and continue to show it in replays. Look at the episode about the bleeding virgin Mary. That was completely banned from ever replaying in reruns, and yet when it first appeared, they showed it uncensored (minus curse words). Next look at the Scientology episode and you will see that it was also banned from reruns.

You asked "what makes Muslims so special that only THEY are protected from being made fun of" and you failed to note that we were not being protected as much as other faiths are. If you feel every faith has equal footing to be ridiculed, then I suggest you email Comedy Central and ask for them to replay the Virgin Mary episode.

[edit on 26-7-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Admin and mods, I appologise for double posting. I would like to address two different posters in seperate posts. If this is a problem, please let me know and I will delete this reply and accept any penalties.

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

I can't decide if you're being sarcastic or ignorant. If the later, then please back up your claim and show me where in the Quran it allows Muslims to kill people for making fun of their faith.

[edit on 26-7-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
No, your double post is not a problem. I promise not to ban you for it.

In general though, it's best to just edit your previous post if there's something more you want to say. You can always Bold the name of the person you're replying to in the second instance, to make a clear break between the two parts of the same post.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
Or wait a minute, did you mean "extremists". But thats not what you said. Was it.

The more astute among us will understand what I meant. Nobody wants to say or do something that will encite the "extremists." The Muslim extremists to be precise. Ask the "National Lampoon."

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Matt and Trey have developed SP into great satire.

The point of not showing Muhommed, was showing excatly how silly the muslim world is and how pathetic the world reacted...attempting to 'ban' the pictures.

The part about Comedy Central not showing mohommad was part of the SP episode...referring to people not showing the images for fear of 'offending' muslims.

By the way, I missed the original airing of the Tom Cruise/Scientology eps (people said it was banned)....but CC is now showing it again...I saw it last Saturday night...it was a funny episode.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   
90% of you people don't get that was part of the show. They did that for comedy. you don't have to study every detail they did that on purpose for comedy they have made fun of muslims before they dont care.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Yeah, I haven't read every comment on this thread cause honestly its long and too early, but the first few seemed to think that the Networks did this.

That is not the case.

The creators purposefully did it, then went to extremes in other areas to show that its absurd to have one area make demands while others who think that somethings are wrong are ignored.

Matt and Trey are saying that we shouldn't pander to one religion because it is offended, if one religion can take it, then others can.

Its the same thing over the Scientologists and 'Tom Cruise is in the Closet' episode.
They started putting pressure on them, and allegdely Isaac Hayes left because of it.
I think Matt and Trey are just two guys who hate being restricted over certain things that are in the public domain.

Honestly, I think i'd do the same.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinstopshere
90% of you people don't get that was part of the show. They did that for comedy. you don't have to study every detail they did that on purpose for comedy they have made fun of muslims before they dont care.

www.foxnews.com...

tell it to foxnews then.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join