It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedy Central refuses to show Muhammad on South Park?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
i thought the whole "comedy central blocking muhammed" was planned and part of the joke. Or did comedy central really make them block it out?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'm a little confused. Did Coumedy Central black it out, or is it just a trick on the part of Parker and Stone?

Cuz those guys, they're tricky.

Comedy Central backed down on Scientology so maybe the Mohammed episode is a jab at Comedy Central.

That would be a tricky thing to do. To block out Mo on their own, make it seem like it was an instance of CC backing down to muslim pressure, and therefore get people all over the place talking and ranting about it, or tagging threads with 'muslim hypocrisy' when no muslims were invovled or complained.

Tricky bastards.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2006/02/05/nflag305.xml
[on the super firends episode]In one scene Mohammed is shown rising in the air so he can do battle with the Lincoln Memorial, which has been brought to life by Blaine.

Seriously, anyone offended by south park is nuts. Did anoyne actualyl complain either, or was it pre-emptive editing?

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I'm a little confused. Did Coumedy Central black it out, or is it just a trick on the part of Parker and Stone?

I have been droping into the South Park message board trying to find out and will let yall know when I do.

Comedy Central backed down on Scientology so maybe the Mohammed episode is a jab at Comedy Central.

That would be a tricky thing to do. To block out Mo on their own, make it seem like it was an instance of CC backing down to muslim pressure, and therefore get people all over the place talking and ranting about it, or tagging threads with 'muslim hypocrisy' when no muslims were invovled or complained.

Agreed, this is NOT about Muslim Hypocrisy......it is about AMERICAN Hypocrisy.

If Trey and Matt done it themselves I have to say..........bravo
You have everyone talking about censorship

If CC done it to appease Religious extremists.......then they need to pull every show that mentions ANY religion........like Stan said.....its everything or nothing

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It seems the majority of the posters who have seen the episode in question have actual failed to understand the joke.

Nativeokie hit the nail on the head. Read nativeokie's post again:

Originally posted by nativeokie
This was a great episode. They nuked Fox, nuked the ignorance of people pissed about a cartoon. Mostly they nuked Comedy Central. Remember the entire speech by Kyle at the end was about what happens to a show when the producers bow down to a religious group a pull and episode. Once they do that it will be over for the show. So it was an f-you to CC for pulling the tom cruise episode as well.

No broadcaster censored the image, there was never one there to begin with.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
On the other hand, whats odd is that comedy central, if they didn't black it out, and its a big 'f-u' to comedy central, why isn't comedy central saying 'we didn't block it out'?

Maybe they are being silent to keep the controversy going? Maybe they are trying to 'mend their ways', and don't want to ruin the joke?

www.comedycentral.com...
There is a link to a little selection from what I suppose is the show, wherein Cartman explains the rationale.
___
"Isn't using fear to get what you want like terrorism'
" no, its not like terrorism, it IS terrorism"

Wow, the show just called the muslims rampaging in the streets over the mohammed cartoon terrorists. And in the clip, President Bush is the one who knows more than the reports and public, who are the dummies compared to him. Yikes!

These guys have

I don't know if I should be sad that these guys are the only source of something like reality in the media, or I should be thankful that at least they ARE around!

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think that was part of the joke... DO you think Matt and Trey would let CC censor their work? Heck, they had an entire episode where they could say the S word uncensored! Do you think CC would edit out the M Man? It is South Park, how people don't get the joke IDK.

ALso, the Jesus thing at the end was funny, crudely done, but funny. But probably done better then any cartoon AQ could actually do.

And Bart was in the show!!!!!!!!! They never say his name but you know it is Bart!

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well the one thing I did find funny from that episode was the guy who said "At least Family Guy isn't all prechy and up their own asses". They've got that right. South Park hasn't been funny for years. How dare South Park actually make fun of a good show? You know, one that actually focuses on being funny rather than thinly-veiled social commentary about issues that have already been chewed and spit out a hundred times. Wow, taking on mormons and scientolgy... *snore*. Easy targets. The muslim thing? A few months too late guys. Seems like the one easy target they won't pick on is Bush (not since 9/11)...the jackasses.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Flinx, I think you forgot their other show...

"That's my Bush!"

Anyway, I have no idea what they're doing with this episode, but I laughed my butt off regardless, and that's what counts.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Oh shoot, they have "Jesus and Friends" on South Park (my husband watches it, I sit there and shake my head because while I'm at my computer I'm facing the idiot box).

So they don't mind poking fun at the Lord Jesus Christ, but better not say anything about Muhammad?

WhatEVER.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What I'm most surprised about here, is that after watching the huge riots and deaths that occured from the first time the muslims revolted over a showing of Mohammad, that you all, here right and now, are UPSET that comedy central (or southpark) did not show a picture of him.

Apparently it's ok to piss off another religion, especially one we're "at war" with huh? The only reason southpark continues to make satirical jokes about Jesus Christ and every other nation is because they don't have rules, or beliefs, that such content is forbidden. Islam, however, have rules and beliefs forbidding a depiction of Mohammad.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I still havent been able to find any information on this so I submited this email to CC.

Dear Sir

I felt like I had to ask you if it was Comedy Central that censored the Image of Muhammed or if matt and trey did it themselves.

Also if you DID censor the image could you explain your reason for this?

Thank you

Frank

we will see if I get a response

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
What I'm most surprised about here, is that after watching the huge riots and deaths that occured from the first time the muslims revolted over a showing of Mohammad, that you all, here right and now, are UPSET that comedy central (or southpark) did not show a picture of him.

so we should censor TV in the USA so as not to offend ANYONE in the world? If ANY group has this protection then ALL must.......unless of course you ( You in the Generic term, not YOU) are a coward and will only pick on those you know wont say anything.

Apparently it's ok to piss off another religion, especially one we're "at war" with huh?

my point is who gives a damn what someone else thinks about OUR TV? Does freedom of speach only count when its safe and PC?

This is NOT about Muslims persay but about OUR freedom of speach. They mentioned pulling a show about Cruse and if they did its as big a shame as this one. Bigger really...because they cant even claim its about saving lives.

Originally posted by QuietSoul
The only reason southpark continues to make satirical jokes about Jesus Christ and every other nation is because they don't have rules, or beliefs, that such content is forbidden. Islam, however, have rules and beliefs forbidding a depiction of Mohammad.

So America is now a country ruled by Muslim law???? Just when did this happen? When they decided to throw a fit everytime someone didnt follow THEIR rules?

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Amuk]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm still on the bandwagon that Matt and Trey did it on purpose. They blast censorship, Fox, Simpsons, Family Guy, and CC all at the same time! How can you be mad over it? Like Cartman said in the first show...

"I'm just a little boy thats a cartoon seen by millions!"

Its a cartoon making fun of people/religon/ideas! Get off your high horses and laugh!

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevinS
Its a cartoon making fun of people/religon/ideas! Get off your high horses and laugh!

And I would agree.....as long as CC hasnt bowed to preasure from scientology or Islam to put THEIR religion in a speical "untouchable" catagory

The one thing I have always admired about Matt and Trey is they didnt back down from NO ONE

apc

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I dont have cable and have yet to download the new episode, but last I heard is South Park has been syndicated (you can find reruns on other channels) and is in its last season. If this is so, they are not going to be pulling anymore punches this season. Again I haven't seen it, but I highly suspect the image in question was censored by the animators as part of the joke. Which is funnier? "Oh My God I can't believe they showed that! Don't they know how many people theyre going to piss off?" or "Holy Crap it got sensored to protect the poor sensitive Muslims!"
Personally, I get a good snicker from #2.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by theBLESSINGofVISION
I'm sure Jesus is happy that people are focusing on such important issues instead of promoting peace and his message etc.

This isnt about Jesus, if it was I would have posted it in the Religion forum. Its about freedom of speach and having the backbone to use it. I guess next we wont be able to show them rioting because that might upset someone. Better not say anything bad about Kim Jong after all he might throw a fit and he HAS nukes.

I guess to be safe we shouldnt mention any religion, country, person, company, etc, on TV.

We can just have warm and fuzzy bunnies and puppies on the air 24/7.

OHHH wait.....that might make PETA mad.

I believe that was the point of the episodes and how the media is suppose to use them. Here's both of the 2 parters!

Is SP really in it's last season? Can you give me a source on it?

[edit on 13-4-2006 by freethinker4356]

apc

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I checked southparkcentral and the show is under contract until 2008. I had heard back in season 7 possibly 6 that 10 was supposed to be the last. Apparently that was incorrect.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Flinx, I think you forgot their other show...

"That's my Bush!"

I remember.... That's what I meant by after 9/11. What happened? Did he suddenly become sacrosanct to them?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Did you people complaining and bitching, see the episode in question that aired recently that was showing a parody of family guy with muhamed being a characters being bleeped out by a black box?

If so its a big joke on the whole dutch cartoon thing. They are MOCKING any sort of rule that you can't make muhamed cartoons in the US or wherever.

*edited for insults and by-passing censors*

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Amuk]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
jazz_psyker
Look in your U2Us

Originally posted by jazz_psyker
Did you people complaining and bitching, see the episode in question that aired recently that was showing a parody of family guy with muhamed being a characters being bleeped out by a black box?

uhhhh...

yes this is the episode we are discussing

If so its a big F-ing joke on the whole dutch cartoon thing. They are MOCKING any sort of rule that you can't make muhamed cartoons in the US or wherever.

do you have any evidence to back this up other than than insults? That after all IS the entire point of the thread...whither CC REALLY censored it or if it WAS a joke

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join