It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions are NOT facts!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I believe you are mistaken

Your belief is wrong, unless of course you are like Mytym and lies can become "your truth"

The Da Vinci Code is based on the fictional book Holy Blood, Holy Grail.

[edit on 7-5-2006 by Sun Matrix]

[edit on 7-5-2006 by Sun Matrix]

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

It is my opinion that someone who doesn't know the difference between reality and belief, fact and fiction, is delusional.

LOL, and you think the Da Vinci Code is the truth.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

That's what I said. Read my post. I said you are mistaken in thinking that the movie claims to be truth. It does not. The author (in the quote I provided) says that the book is fiction. Read my post.

LOL, and you think the Da Vinci Code is the truth.

Again, you are wrong. I have never read the book, nor claimed that it's true. I said it's fiction.

Just to be perfectly clear, the Da Vinci Code is fiction and the author claims it to be nothing more than that. It is you who has misinterpreted something somewhere along the line - you say the movie claims to be fact. It does not.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Sun Matrix:
Are you aware that you are proving my point with your own posts on this thread? There is no more effective tool than a live demonstration to drive home your message. Thankyou for this voluntary performance. A lovely illustration to the readers of the thread. Pure genius!

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Whuile you may dispute it's contents, The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail is not classed as a fictional work, it is a non-fiction alternative view at history.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith

Whuile you may dispute it's contents, The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail is not classed as a fictional work, it is a non-fiction alternative view at history.

As the author said, "It's not about what happened, it's about what could have happened.

It is nothing more that made up crap. If you want to call that an alternative view of history, go ahead.

A bumble bee could have flown up Christopher Columbus azz and he could have discovered hemroids. It could have happened, but it didn't.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail is not classed as a fictional work, it is a non-fiction alternative view at history.

Yes, Holy Blood and the Holy Grail is non-fiction just like the bible, and some do dispute their contents. But also like the bible, no one has been able to prove Holy Blood and the Holy Grail as untrue... That does not, however mean it's automatically true. It's all in what the individual believes is true. And that differs from person to person.

Belief is not fact.

And The Da Vinci Code is fiction. There's no question about that. The author based it on Holy Blood and the Holy Grail, but is very clear in stating that it's a fictional work based on a non-fictional work.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
There are millions out there that hold the opinion/belief that The Bible is 100% fact.
There are millions out there that hold the opinion/belief that The Bible is 100% fiction.
There are millions that opine that The Bible is a mixture of fact and fiction.
No matter how many people hold a shared opinion/belief, it has no more bearing on the factuality of the situation or otherwise than if no-one at all held the opinion.

Truth does not need believers to validate its existence.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
That's right. Alternative does not mean fictional. My view, your view and everyone else's view of history are all alternatives to eachother. The voulme of support for one view over another does not, in itself, validate one over another.

[edit on 13/5/06 by mytym]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'd just like to make it clear at this point in time, that I am not attempting to demonstrate what examples of facts are, as there are few if any that I know of. I am merely demonstrating examples of what facts are not, in many of my posts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join