It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS -- A Conspiracy of its own?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Code launch is complete, Angelwings9999 has been unleashed.

EVERYBODY stand back.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Does it really matter whether ATS is what you imply...of course we are all agents and if it matters why would you even join, personally if it mattered to me or I had them fears I would have really done some soulsearching before giving up my identity and my rights, but oh well guess its to late now. What I dont understand is why people become members and then later on decide that ATS is government sponsered or working for the government? Anyone have an answer for that? Oh well I guess you'll never know till you get that knock on your door......oh oh, to late you've been had!

By the way I see that your post has not been deleted, so what now?

[edit on 12-4-2006 by tracer]

By the way I think Icarus has a pretty good idea, a special forum for posts such as these, as they do arise pretty frequently, and let the paranoids just have at it, while they are being analyzed for programming.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by tracer]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
...so they can save us all a lot of trouble...

It is your choice, weather or not you read these "ATS is a Consiracy" threads isn't it?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Yeah, and its my choice to reply and suggest what I think is appropriate, too. So, what's your point?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
My point is that you have every right to see that it is an "ATS is a Consiracy" thread, and not waste your time looking at it. Since it states in the title that is what it is you are under no obligation to open it and waste any more of your time.

My recomendation to you, if you know it is going to waste your time, use your brain and don't open the thread to begin with.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The ATS Conspiracy Conspiracy

This is a recurring theme, to be sure.

And hey, given the fact that ATS is a conspiracy community, I would consider it extremely suspicious if folks didn't wonder about this.

I've wondered about it myself. It's only natural, isn't it?

Now that I'm a staff member, suffice it to say I am satisfied that ATS isn't run by the Government, aliens, the NWO or anyone other than the Three Amigos.

Of course, in the oily and specious logic of classic conspiracy theory, maybe we're all being fooled -- even the Three Amigos -- and we all work for the Government and don't even know it.

The perfect conspiracy!

And therein lies the irony: The perfect conspiracy is the conspiracy that never existed.

The Joy Of Tinfoil

So what should ATSers believe? What should we do?

My advice: Be a skeptic. Question everything. Trust no one. Suspect everyone.

And if you really like to be paranoid, simply assume ATS really is run by the Government.

Aside from perhaps being a more titillating experience for members, would it really make a difference in how we post or interact?

Just a thought.

And watch: this post will get turned into "Majic says ATS is run by the government!". Sigh.

Dae

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Code launch is complete, Angelwings9999 has been unleashed.

EVERYBODY stand back.

Umah, I laughed alot then, oh god I had a tear in my eye too - bootiful

(no disrepect to angelwings999... but LOL)

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Code Gold

I repeat

Code Gold... the egg has been laid

All staff prepare for Mentalist Paradigm Shift

2 hour egg sitting rotation to commence immediately as per subdoc 42A2102-3

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Hmmm. I wouldn't have thought this to be the case, but the plethora of pouncing by moderators actually seems to give the original question here some creedence.

My own thoughts recently have been that this is just some kind of board (bored?) game and not really what it presents itself to be. It's the "points" thing that made me start thinking about that.

Normally one sees a lot of links and/or quotes to support a position. There's a definite absence of those so far.

Just wondering. In the entire lifespan of ATS are there any examples where an ATS discussion has been given credit (outside of this forum) for actually having proved (or led to proving) something?

Since moderators are the authority figures here, the old adage of 'question authority', etc. should apply equally. If you folks here can't appreciate that then you're behaving an awful lot like the folks we've come to distrust so completely. There's a big difference between wondering and accusing.

My recommendation would be for some of you to apologize to the original poster for your hasty, demeaning posture/remarks and effect a forum as was previously mentioned that woud be even more closely monitored toward keeping the discussion civil and on point.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

o.p. by you
My recomendation to you, if you know it is going to waste your time, use your brain and don't open the thread to begin with.

Your recommendations hold about as much import to me as a colander holds water.

I choose for myself what interests me and what threads to open or ignore, and that is none of your business. And where did I say it was a waste of time? I simply suggested an organizational tool to help new and curious members better find what information they seek, and you are trying to turn it into some kind of personal attack, which I reject completely.

If you have something of value to add to the thread, do so. If you have something personal to discuss with me, then I suggest the U2U function, if you can figure out how to use it, and have accumulated enough posts.

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazyMind
the plethora of pouncing by moderators

The fluttering wings of moderators gathering might have something to do with the suggestion that ATS is an NSA 'information gathering' tool.

That insinuation directly affects me, a Canadian citizen, and all the other mods, as perhaps being stooges for the American Government.

That should indicate the reason for the noisome flocking...you are speculating on the honesty of the staff of ATS. Are you really surprised we would respond?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I wouldn't have thought this to be the case, but the plethora of pouncing by moderators actually seems to give the original question here some creedence.

My god, our cover has been blown!

Stand Down moderators....Stand Down....for the love of Mike Stand Down

LazyMind you can feel free to believe whatever you like, no biggie to me or any other staff member. We were just having a bit of fun in this thread because it's better than the alternative (getting angry at the terrible accusations). You need to understand that most staff members have been here on ATS for at least 2 years and have a great love for this community. This is to 10,000th time these ugly comments have been leveled at us and it gets really old, I'm sure you can understand....

I'm sure this post will only add to your distrust of the people that make ATS free and enjoyable to all members as paranoia understandably runs deep here. My suggestion is to show the tiniest amount of respect to Staff Members that help to make ATS troll free, flame free and family friendly. Believe me friend we are just regular people like you that are interested in discussing alternative topics.

Blessings....

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
These threads always follow the same script. This is how it goes down, every time:

1.The question is posed: Is ATS run by the CIA/NWO/NSA/reptilians/aliens/freemasons/illuminati/evil, supra-intelligent hamsters bent on world domination?

2. The staff and long term members say, "No, it isn't."

3. The paranoid think, "Hmm, but if ATS were run by the CIA/NWO/NSA/reptilians/aliens/freemasons/illuminati/evil, supra-intelligent hamsters bent on world domination, they would deny it too. So maybe it really IS run by the CIA/NWO/NSA/reptilians/aliens/freemasons/illuminati/evil, supra-intelligent hamsters bent on world domination."

4. Staff and LT members start to joke around and use reverse psychology to highlight the futility of denying it. "Code launch is complete, Angelwings9999 has been unleashed.", etc etc.

5. Some members laugh at the jokes, step back for a moment, and realize how silly the prospect is; particularly in light of the fact that no matter how intelligent and evil hamsters became, they simply wouldn't be able to type with those ridiculous, furry little paws and lacking opposing thumbs. And even if they could run over the keyboard and jump on the keys one at a time, their keyboards would quickly become covered in evil hamster poop, or they would get distracted by more entertaining things like running on a little plastic treadmill until they die, or getting frisky with lady hamsters and making little evil hamsters.

6. A few, select members suddenly stop laughing and think, "Heeeyy, wait a minute...maybe the jokes are simply a double double reverse reverse psychological ruse tricky thingie to make us think it's all a joke, when it really is anything but! And besides, maybe the evil, supra-intelligent hamsters bent on world domination are so clever that they have human slaves working as staff!!"

7. These few members fade back into the shadows, keeping their thoughts to themselves just in case they are "noticed" or "singled out"......and they watch....................and they wait........and watch...and wait...and wat- *GET ON WITH IT!* Oh, anyway...

8. And after 1 - 3 months, we return to 1.

It must be a real mind-bender not knowing what to believe, or who to trust, and what is a ruse within a ruse... kind of like when you start thinking about if you went back in time and killed your parents, would you then never be born and cease to exist? But if that were the case, then how could you go back and kill them in the first place?

Well, I'm here to straighten things out once and for all. I'm sorry for you poor folks, but the truth of the matter and the answer to your question is this:

EVERY, SINGLE MEMBER who has EVER posed the "Is ATS controlled by blah blah...?" question, or who has EVER posted ANYTHING close to the actual truth behind world events, has been noted and recorded on a big list called "THE BIG LIST" and is categorized as being a potential threat to the coming NEW WORLD ORDER. The ATS servers are hosted in a huge sealed bunker 5 miles underground. Only 1% of the server capacity is dedicated to the forum content database. The remaining 99% is dedicated to recording every single minute detail about YOU that can be garnered from your posts, your IP, and you smilie usage habits. On that glorious day when the New World Order finally takes over, you will ALL be rounded up at gunpoint, placed on buses, and taken to detention camps which are currently disguised as unused military bases, and there you shall await the ascension of THE ANTICHRIST.

So there you have it. This is the absolute truth. No jokes. No playin' around. No mind games. I'm serious. See this? ==> That's my serious face.

However, unfortunately for you, this post has also been coded so that only those members who are scheduled to be "dissappeared" can view it - so there's no use running and telling anybody else about it. And if you even TRY, not only will this thread be completely erased from existence, but we will send swarms of nasty big black helicopters to GET you, and GET you GOOD. Your ATS account and all records of your posts here will also be erased. It will be as if you never......existed...

So happy posting all, and please bow to your soon to be Master.

[edit on 2006-4-13 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Then use the website for all it's worth and laugh at the st00pid cointelpro agents who may have vanished a few threads (and members
) but only delayed the inevitable.

Won't be long until the paranoid will have their field day with the rest of the world, guess who the wacks will be then
It's coming, once it arrived enjoy it but don't fall in love with your newfound recognition.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
*Adds Long Lance to The List*

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sorry I am not familiar with the entire history of your site.

On right and wrong. My view is that we are each like molecules of water passing through a collander. There is no right or wrong direction, each takes the path that makes sense to it based on it's starting point and the forces acting upon it.

When I read insulting things like "if you can figure out how to use it..." (which I thought moderators were supposed to oversee and prevent) by the more experienced members - what am I supposed to think?

I have never made any bones about the fact that I'm not very computer savvy, but if you look over the few postings I have made I think you'll see that I am always trying to be genuinely helpful.

This came up as a new thing so I took a look at it. It is in my nature to speak up against what appears to be bullying.

I am still waiting for a reply which addresses the one salient point I raised regarding whether the ATS has ever had an actual success. This would be one way to clear up whether or not ATS is for real.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The Wisdom Of Sir Bedevere

Hmmm. I wouldn't have thought this to be the case, but the plethora of pouncing by moderators actually seems to give the original question here some creedence.

Exactly! The fact that the staff is responding can mean only one thing: the allegations are true!

Meanwhile, if the staff were to ignore them, that could mean only one thing: the allegations are true!

So you see, it's really quite elementary.

No matter what the staff does, the allegations are true!

Fig. 1: Sir Bedevere examines the accused

All In Good Fun

I suppose the less-than-warm reception for the suggestion that ATS is government-run might seem a bit off-putting.

After all, who could possibly take offense to being implicated as government agents?

Especially in a conspiracy community, of all places, where government agents are so highly regarded.

I mean really, what's so bad about that?

In fairness, afterdark did offer this as a "what if" scenario, and graciously allowed for the possibility that ATS is a privately-run site that is monitored by the government.

Personally, I suspect ATS is indeed monitored to some degree, but that is hardly a trait unique to ATS, if all the buzz about the NSA is correct (and I think it is).

So why the unenthusiastic response?

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Ham and Spam

Because it's getting old. With no disrespect intended toward afterdark, whom am I sure meant only to stimulate interesting (if not particularly novel) discussion, this is like repeating the Monty Python Spam Sketch over and over and over again.

Seriously. What amazes me is that this is already back on BQ&B after getting so much airplay this year. There has been major, major drama over this issue in the preceding months. There has been major publicity of it on ATS and throughout the online conspiracy community.

People all over the freakin' planet have been repeating the mantra that ATS is a "COINTELPRO" operation dedicated to pushing disinformation on the Internet. This bogus meme is still bouncing around the Internet Echo Chamber, and nothing ATS does can stop it.

Deny it, and the denial becomes proof of guilt. Ignore it, and the silence becomes proof of guilt.

Why should the owners and staff of ATS mind? After all, we're only being accused of lying to our fellow members, of being the opposite of what we strive to be, of betraying that which we hold as sacred above all else: the truth.

Why should anyone take offense to being repeatedly, falsely and maliciously defamed, slandered and libeled?

Why indeed.

Counter-Intelligents

Please don't get me wrong. I think it's healthy to speculate about this and pretty much everything else.

Moreover, I don't think anyone, especially ATS members, should feel they have to trust the ATS owners, staff or myself.

It's not necessary. You don't have to trust us to enjoy ATS and take advantage of the many benefits of ATS membership.

I encourage everyone to be skeptical, keep an open mind and question everything. I consider skepticism to be a vital survival skill in an Information Age dominated by lies, disinformation, propaganda, public diplomacy, media manipulation, mind control and psychological warfare.

However, there is a difference between speculation and accusation, and invariably these "what if" scenarios devolve into festivals of falsehood, with the good people who have given so much of themselves to make ATS what it is being rewarded by having their names and reputations smeared by accusers who don't have the first clue what the hell they're talking about, and whose own reputations and motives frequently demand suspicion.

This can become frustrating, especially after the first hundred times or two. It already bothers the hell out of me, and I haven't even been a moderator here for a full month yet.

I can only imagine how Simon, SO and Springer must feel by now, because they've been putting up with this for years.

I mean damn. :shk:

The Price Of Free Speech

What this boils down to is yes, anyone is free to speculate about whether ATS is somehow affiliated with the Government or whatnot. The price for doing this, however, is to risk being met with criticism, skepticism, cynicism and yes, ridicule, because frankly this is getting ridiculous.

Though my words in this polemic are harsh, I don't in any way want to come across as hostile to afterdark. Yes, this is nothing new. I've seen this played out countless times in the past year and a half. But I refuse to assume that afterdark meant any harm.

So afterdark, please know this, and please don't take any of this the wrong way. Your question does touch a sensitive nerve for some, and perhaps ironically allows an opportunity to vent and blow off steam. There's more than a little of that going on in this thread, and I really don't think the ire is really intended for you at all

But I urge anyone who would presume to claim that ATS is something other than it is to consider what doing so amounts to: deceit.

To suggest that ATS is something it is not is to suggest a lie. There is no nice way to put that.

It's ugly. Period.

Speculation on this matter, as with any other, is healthy, and something I encourage. But when it so easily crosses from speculation to accusation, it becomes hurtful and wrong.

Freedom of speech does not grant immunity from the consequences of saying stupid things.

Please remember that the owners and staff of ATS are your fellow members, that we share your passion for the truth, and that we're people too.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The True Measure Of Success

I am still waiting for a reply which addresses the one salient point I raised regarding whether the ATS has ever had an actual success. This would be one way to clear up whether or not ATS is for real.

That depends on how you define success.

The nature of your question indicates a gross misunderstanding of what ATS is about, as does your suggestion that ATS isn't "for real" if it fails to match your false assumptions.

ATS doesn't exist to prove anything. It exists to provide its members with a resource for making their own decisions about what is true or not.

To evaluate ATS as some sort of monolithic authority on what is true or false is to utterly fail to comprehend what it really is.

Success or failure is up to each member to decide, not some outside authority.

As someone who has been here for a year to the day, I'm disappointed that you don't seem to understand this already.

With persistence and an open mind, however, I hold out hope that you will eventually succeed in doing so.

Please forgive me if this appraisal seems harsh, but you were the one who asked, and the nature of your question begged for a candid response.

Perhaps others may see it differently, but I truly find your challenge to be absurd.

I hope that answers your question.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I get the feeling that my psychiatrists are reading what I post. My mental health providers seem to know what I'm thinking sometimes..................

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Forgive me for my two cents....
I don't believe this site is a covert government operation for the simple fact they have a sense of humor and quick wit. Both of these qualities are lacking in the government (example: no one laughed when Reagan was "playing around" and the mic was supposed to be off".

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join