It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a Nuke is dropped, what will happen next?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'd like people's ideas of what will happen following a nuke being detonated in a war time situation.

Here are a couple things that are possible.

1. Most of the internet shutdown
2. TV heavily censored
3 Long distance phone service down
4. Stock market crash
5. Oil immediatly over $100 per barrel.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
How about ignoring the fact television and internet will be wiped out, how about humanity being wiped? The thought of nuclear war is just utterly ridiculous to myself, nobody is going to win.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Are you talking about an all out war. Or a nuke set off in Iran,or one set off by terrorists in a large city.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm talking about one nuke delivered to Iran.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If a nuke is detonated against anyone, there will be a nuclear exchange that will make all other previous conflicts look like an Easter Egg hunt.

It won't be just phones, TV, www, stock mkt, etc; it will be total collapse of all power grids, economic collapse, total collapse of technology; basically a new "mad max scenario" with survival of the fittest. Primitive dog eat dog, tribal societies with complete anarchy.

It will be great!!

It's a brave new world; welcome to the monkey house!!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
As mentioned above plus, Marshal Law globally. Nationalization of EVERYTHING everywhere. Gold $4000, Silver $600, petrol - priceless... and then the monetary system will crash due to inflation. Water, food, shelter, guns, ammo, bicycles and medicines become currency. Barter rules. Civilization takes the hit and collapses. Tribalism and local culture will dominate. Think in terms of that old movie "Mad Max". People who can fix and build things will be very valuable and very vulnerable. People who can't contribute will be ostracized - bizzaro land Feudal Meritocracies and city states will abound. Oh yeah! And that's if things go well for us.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hmm, it really depends if Iran has nukes right now, and where the nuke would be dropped in Iran.

I remember an article a year or two ago about how Russia said it would defend the reactor they were building for the Iranians with "all appropriate actions". I soon after saw an article from a news service in Israel that say that they would try at all costs to destroy the reactor.

If there were a nuke dropped on the reactor, then all heck will break loose, and the best you can do is just to kiss your butt good-bye.

If the nuke were to be dropped elsewhere, I don't know. I don't want to say it would just be swept under the rug, but I'm sure that the UN would definately be like "OH ****!" Of course, that would be coming from an agency thats worthless anyway. But I'd think there would definately be sanctions place on the country that launched the device, even if it were the US.

Of course that is only if we are all still breathing

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
A single nuclear weapon is NOT going to cause an all out nuclear war. A massive nuclear attack on Iran might, but dropping one, or even two weapons won't invoke the massive nuclear war that everyone seems to think.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
A single nuclear weapon is NOT going to cause an all out nuclear war. A massive nuclear attack on Iran might, but dropping one, or even two weapons won't invoke the massive nuclear war that everyone seems to think.

I would agree with that, however I doubt the administration would even go as far as to use a Nuke. Conventional weapons alone would get the message across to them in an instant. The administration has also called what the media has put out as just pure speculation, just like this thread is doing now.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
There seems to be a kind of anticipation from some members of this board (i assume any board) for a nuke war... or to be more specific, a nuke war that causes a 'mad max' type world situation.

As I read other threads, I assume that there would also be a group of people who would look at a nuke war as sort of a quick way to thin the masses (ie: depopulation posts).

So while many of you would look at this as a terrible situation (nuke war), let me through this out there... Maybe only after we destroy each other in this scale, will we understand 'what will happen next.'

Im not saying that I agree with a nuke war, but I am saying that humans tend to learn from their mistakes. So the question, 'what happens next' is really hard to even guess at cause we have never undergone a world event like this in recorded history.

I guess what Im really trying to say is that, while I dont want to find out the answers to this question, I do wonder if there could be any good come out of a nuke war. You know, an order-out-of-caos type thing.

Maybe this 5000+ year religious war between Isreal and the middle east could finaly be put to rest, or at least, the next civilization after the nuke war would relize then that the hate they share for each other isnt worth it in the end.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
There seems to be a kind of anticipation from some members of this board (i assume any board) for a nuke war... or to be more specific, a nuke war that causes a 'mad max' type world situation.

I think a lot of religious people would like this to happen too as they would think it would bring their messiah.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Just a note; a single nuke would have pretty much no visible effect on the internet.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
Just a note; a single nuke would have pretty much no visible effect on the internet.

Right, not on its own. But I was thinking more along the lines of controlling some of the the outrage that would happen.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The only reason I think that all heck would break loose is because of the domino effect that would be caused if Iran's reactor was bombed.

Iran accuses Israel of being behind the whole thing, then tells Russia (behind closed doors) that the only way they [Iran] will let Russia rebuild the reactor (which is a major cash cow for Russia it seems, the reactor cost Iran $1 Billion) is to eliminate Israel for them. Russia then attacks Israel whom the United States has said we would defend.

I don't mean to imply that a nuclear exchange would be set loose, I was just meaning that there would be a big situation which isn't going to end well for anyone. It would most definately change the way the world works, and probably turn the US into a country with no more international influence. Whether this is by nuclear exchange, or just everybody else telling us to buzz off and ignoring us, I don't know.

[edit on 4/12/2006 by Sir Solomon]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Humpty and pieMan are both correct. I thought the last global conflict was supposed to teach us the lesson... 'guess we don't have the "smarts" yet.
Humpty you may have a valid point - I can't believe I'm thinking this but, yeah, this planet seems to have too many people and not enough resources - one way or another I think we'll find out way too soon.
Omni - I agree little net effect - but the biggest buffer-jamming-orgasm of communicatiions we'll ever see. I expect the bandwidth to be commandeered at some point by US interests for military reasons.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
How about ignoring the fact television and internet will be wiped out, how about humanity being wiped? The thought of nuclear war is just utterly ridiculous to myself, nobody is going to win.

Oh, you can win a all-out nuclear war. You just have to be the one to keep your Command and Control structure intact, and you do that by spreading it out in areas that won't be obvious targets. You just don't end up "winning" what you were originally fighting for.

As for "nuclear winter," well, that's an interesting theory that, like comets being "dirty snowballs," has yet to be proven.

Let's try it and see. What do we have to lose? Just look at it as Nature in action, which frequently wipes the slate clean to make room for new life.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert rat
I'd like people's ideas of what will happen following a nuke being detonated in a war time situation
In Iran, I supposed.

Now, (god forbid), how will you feel after you rejoice over bombing Iran with nuke, if some terrorists (again having nothing to do with Iran) blew up two major American cities, two days in a row ? (less funny, isn't).

Don't wish (or speculate) on the after nuke ? (it will be very bad, for the whole world).

P.S.: by nuke, I means more like Hiroshima or Nagasaki (over population), not a limited special nuke (for bunker), having a very limited range.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
if we get nuked by you guys than we'll for sure nuke you guys back in iraq and afghanistan, not saying it in enjoyment, but statting it as a fact.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran
if we get nuked by you guys than we'll for sure nuke you guys back in iraq and afghanistan, not saying it in enjoyment, but statting it as a fact.

That's very true. That's why I hope that it will never come to that.

I hate to put it this way, but when it comes to the Middle East, I say that as long as you are responsible, go ahead and produce Nuclear Energy and Nuclear Weapons. Just let those countries manage their people's affairs! But does any moron in our government think this?

[edit on 4/12/2006 by Sir Solomon]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted by Enkidu

posted by chissler: “How about ignoring the fact television and internet will be wiped out, how about humanity being wiped? The thought of nuclear war is just utterly ridiculous to myself, nobody is going to win.

Oh, you can win a all-out nuclear war. You just have to be the one to keep your Command and Control structure intact, and you do that by spreading it out in areas that won't be obvious targets. As for "nuclear winter," well, that's an interesting theory that has yet to be proved. What do we have to lose? Just look at it as Nature in action, which frequently wipes the slate clean to make room for new life. [Edited by Don W]

In late 1958, as a young college student, I obtained a part-time job with my local civil defense office. Having been an Air Force type, and worked on radios and radars, I was given the task of teaching the operation and basic maintenance of Geiger counters. The CD had a variety of models for different purposes. A partner went with me to explain the way to shower off contamination. And etc. The whole CD program was based on 14 days in the shelters.

When I learned that some isotopes found in nuclear fallout had a half life of 80,000 years, and afer seeing the map of the fallout from our Johnson Island H-bomb test would have made a 100 miles wide area extending from Hartford to W-DC, I became disillusioned. But the money was good, the work was easy and I needed the money. So I stayed on. Keeping my misgivings to myself.

America has avoided even the discussion of dropping a nuclear bomb on anyone after the 1962 Cuba missile crisis, until this nincompoop in the White House - 44 years and 7 presidents. I’ll say it again, If I ever vote Republican again, I hope Jesus cuts off my hand.

[edit on 4/12/2006 by donwhite]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join