Did I miss WWIII ??!!

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   

William Arkin, a nuclear expert who consults for various arms control groups, similarly called Clinton's policy shift superficial. "In theory, this could free up a lot of resources and brain power that go into preparing to fight World War IV. But as long as we remain wedded to the option of taking out all of their strategic forces and nuclear command systems with a hair-trigger attack posture, then we really haven't adjusted to the post-Cold War period," he said.

Clinton Directive Changes Strategy On Nuclear Arms

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Many people (including myself) regard the Cold War as WWIII.

[Edited on 14-10-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
well unless the nukes are comin right now no i do not belive wwiii has come yet. but i could be mistaken

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I do not feel that the Cold War was World War III, although the entire world was divided, due to the fact that there was not a world-wide firefight or anything like that. I do feel that WWIII is probably not too far off though.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
i also think ww 3 is coming . i also think the ww3 will be the last world war.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
WWIII already happened, it was the Cold War. It was fought in almost every single country on this planet, dictators, genocides, millions of people have died: Korea, Vietnam, Kambodia, middle and south America, east Europe, Iraq, Iran, indonesia, East Timor, entire african Continent.... you name it, every country was involved.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
WWIII as a marketing brand hasn't outlived its usefulness so I think most industrial-military complex bigwigs prefer to talk as if WWIII is still out there on the horizon.

I follow Einstein's doctrine. He said he wasn't sure what weapons would be used to fight WWIII, but WWIV would be fought with sticks and stones.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The Cold War was called Cold because no nukes or guns were fired. If one person fired a nuke then it would be WW3. I just hope that the reall WW3 isnt in my time. But I still have about another 60 years to my life.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Just because nothing was fired does not mean it was not a war. And you dont know that nothing was fired were you there? even if you were, # goes down without people knowing anout it. I myself believ that shots were fired--unoficially.

No matter what you say the Cold War made vast changes on the entire world.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Of course I realize the cold war, was just that,..

This article was the first time I had heard a reference to the next war being called WWIV !

Over the last few years and even now, WWIII is used in reference to the next world war, as I now realize that this refers only to the next Physical war.

Even posters here refer to the next a WWIII.

That being said, then we must agree we are currently in WWIV, a financial war, for currency supremecy, and fiscal rule over other countries.

And if the Korea, Iraq, Iran, etc, thing gets big enough and ultimatly includes NATO, would that not be WWV?

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The Way Bush is doing things it looks like the next World War wil happen in the next 5 years. If he is in office and we keep invading countries then something is going to happen and it aint gonna be good.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I feel that WWIII hasn't happened yet. Yes, the Cold War did divide the world, but again, I also follow what Einstein said. And, how scarily right he might be

-WD

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
" I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. " - Albert Einstein

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
funny cause it comes from the same guy that made the bomb.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
to my knowledge eienstein didnt make the bomb.

some OTHER german guy did. i forgot his name, but he was working for the english and americans and regularly visited his friends in germany that were on the nuclear program for hitler.

eienstein might have come up with the idea but the person who physically made the bomb and overcame the problems of the uranium being to big for a useable bomb etc etc. wasnt eientstein.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausconspiracies
to my knowledge eienstein didnt make the bomb.

some OTHER german guy did.

It was Oppenheimer.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The reason it was called a Cold War was the fact that it was a war of intelligence gathering and a war with the world split on politics. A mental war if you want to call it that. Also if you do remember the Bay-of-Pigs they actually had deployed ships and I do believe they were moving Nuclear Ballistic missiles around. It was also a time when countries were building there armies up for protection. So even though a shot was not fired in the public eye people stilled dyed behind the scenes, spies etc.

new topics
top topics

join