It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did humans create it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
How was stonehange created? How is it that the primitives back then might have had the technology to build stonehenge whn we don' even know what they used to build it? I don't think aliens were involved in this but who am I to say that for sure?

Mod Edit: title

[edit on 12-4-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Actually an experiment was done for National Geographic where researchers recunstructed stone henge out of styrofoam and had explained that it was in fact possible to move thoses large stones unsing many men and primative levers to move the giant rocks even over great distances. I watched this on TV but here is a link to the experiments they had done.

www.voanews.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Check out The Forgotten Technology

This guys says:

I have began to build a replica of Stonehenge with eight 10 ton blocks on end and 2 ton blocks on top. One man, no wheels, no rollers, no ropes, no hoist or power equipment, using only sticks and stones.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
.....stone henge out of styrofoam........ If it was made of styrofoam, how has it lasted all this time? Do you think National Geograhic is somehow linked to secret goverment organizations? Maybe they are covering up what it's really made of to avoid panic?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Perhaps ET created it as a platform to land their spacecraft. Can't you just see them now arriving and departing to wherever.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Subjects like Stonehenge, the Pyramids and Teotihuacan, all boil down to The Anunnaki

just my personal opinion.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Thanks.......................................I think.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Iamian thank you for the way you presented that link.
I learned a little more.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Meh, it has a alter and is alinged with star stuff, so it is more of a religous place then anything else so I don't think a alien craft would land on it. And by the way the blocks are I don't think it was crafted by anyone other then cavemen.

I mean would a realy advanced civilization who has technology have crude un-polished rocks. If it was done by aliens or whatever all of the stones would be polished to a fine point, mabey done like anchent greek stone work or something.

The reason something like this was done in the BC was that people were a bit stronger back then, and more importantly had less ethics/safty laws. Even less then the worst of the middle ages. So then you could get people to do this.

Kind of like the cathedrals that took hundreds of years to build, can people compleatly feasably replicate that today? You have to have people who are both able and willing to do it, and most people don't like living like pesants durring the middle ages.

Some things can be done by machines, but not everything and a spesific touch like hand crafted stone or wood work.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
True. WHat you also have to remember is that in those days religion was the absolute incentive. Nowadays if our leaders said to us

"We're gonna manually build a temple of our faith. We're using these 5 ton slabs of rock which are found 20 miles due east."

The majority of us would impolitely say "No thank you", sit down and watch the Simpsons"

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spidy
.....stone henge out of styrofoam........ If it was made of styrofoam, how has it lasted all this time? Do you think National Geograhic is somehow linked to secret goverment organizations? Maybe they are covering up what it's really made of to avoid panic?

yes, the stryofoam has no good representation of a rock.

Stone henge was built for worship by a gruop of ppl and is a calendar. Archeologist dug under Stonehenge and found hammers and tools(forgot what else
) that were used as offerings to the gods. It was clearly a place of worship.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Don't take offence here but I think this is the wrong forum for this thread. Now if you had stated that ET was responsible then it may fit.
My opinion is that it was probably man made. That's just opinion based on what I've read.
As a suggestion may I point you to this here thread by our resident ET associate who may be more qualified to answer your question.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Just keep in mind that there are hundreds of Henges around the British Isles, and that the southern Henges are the biggest and most elaborate. With that much practice, I'm sure there was a cultural drive to make Bigger and "Badder" ones, and this pressure culminated in places like Stone Henge. I'm sure it wasn't easy to do, and stone was halled 50 kilometers or more. But they did it.

I don't think it would require aliens to do, and therefore there is no reason to include them in the engineering equation.

That's not to say that we know how they did it. I recall there was a special on TV (my wife and I were hiking around Beuatiful Britain during the summer solstice and saw some specials on the BBC) where some engineers failed to do (on live TV) some techniques for moving stone that they thought would work. But just because we lazy lunkheads can't do it, doesn't mean a religeous stone age group couldn't.

[edit on 24-4-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Humans can be very clever and industrious when properly motivated. Moving large blocks of stone is all a matter of understanding balance and momentum. The hard part is finding the time and getting all the people coordinated to do it.

If you look at it, Stonehenge would be pretty sloppy work by aliens. Particularly when they could do it all perfectly with concrete.

top topics

join