It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernardo Provenzano (big boss of Cosa Nostra) - arrested! (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Bernardo Provenzano, the 'boss of bosses' was arrested after being on the run since 1963. He has been the BIG BOSS of Cosa Nostra (the Sicilian mafia) since Bagarella was captured in 1995.

news.ft.com
Bernardo Provenzano, the "boss of bosses" of the Sicilian Mafia, was arrested yesterday in the most emphatic strike against Italian organised crime since the capture of one of his infamous predecessors 13 years ago.

Mr Provenzano, 73, was Italy's most wanted man, having racked up several life prison sentences in absentia for murder. He had been on the run since 1963.

He was arrested in the countryside near the western Sicilian town of Corleone, immortalised in the Godfather films.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I bet Bernardo gets taken out before he has to stand trial, or the names of some officers will get leaked, causing the trial to be dismissed as individuals and their families will no longer be safe.

Related News Links:
dailytelegraph.news.com.au
news.independent.co.uk

[edit on 12-4-2006 by fattyp]

[edit on 12-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
What a joke. Provenzano is 73 years old and can even lift his pants on now. He is been a outlaw for more then 42 years and only now they caught him :p Italian police are funny. He is useles now. That's what happend with Toto Rina, the other mafia boss who together with Provenzano ordered the killing of judge Paolo Borselino and presecutor Giovani Falcone in 1992. I've been in Italy in those years and I saw this things happening my self. Their problem is that they have the Mafia in the government... so much for the arrest

new topics

join