It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, nobody has post about the first flyght of a laser plane ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I have no link actually, but I read this morning in a newspaper that the NASA have done the first flyght of an airplane model powered by the ground with a laser rail. Equiped of 'Light-electro-cells' (like a solar powered airplane), this concept can fly until the laser rail is not cut. After, it land just like a plane...

Interesting...but what is the utility ? there are still many solar powered planes and to energetize a laser, a lot of Kw are needed...

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
what is there to say ?? its usless .... there is nothing that they can do with this

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Saw it on tv yesterday.It was petty cool to see it fly.Overall it wouldnt be feasable because its dependent on ground-based laser stations.Also,anything flying that crossed paths with the beam would be fried.Still lots to reasearch.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hey, nobody has post about the first flight of a laser plane?

yes there was look here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
indeed, I remember there was a thread about it somewhere. And I also added the news article to the ATS news section: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tealc
what is there to say ?? its usless .... there is nothing that they can do with this

Wrong : The distance average of a laser is far bigger than any other kind of lights : They can use it to power a space ship to mars and even farer...if they have a base in space to start the laser.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
He is right. This type of power may be used to power space craft.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Yeah I research stuff like that at one time. I actually came up with a theory much like that but somewhat modified.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yep...sounds like a resurgance of the old laser/solar sail idea... NASA even had some animations of the concept on some old Discovery shows a while back... Interesting concept, but I'm not sure how practical it is... especially considering it's mostly smoke and mirrors to hide the fact that the tech we do have (reverse engineered) is far beyond such a concept....

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I've also heard of a Japanese team that flew a paper plane with a laser. They used it to vapourise water droplets underneath the plane's wings and provide thrust and lift...

new topics

top topics

join