It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wormwood!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

There's historical evidence, in the sumerian/akkadian/babylonian texts, that the ante-diluvian exploits of Enki, were essentially describing the activities of that particuarly famous "Serpahim" known as "Satan." I think some of the events were mushed together, so that the activities of several fallen ones were mixed in with the story of Enki/Satan. Later, when Marduk/Nimrod, tries to lay claim to these exploits, he ends up sounding like he has done everything, been everywhere, and has all the power in the universe and beyond. If you've never read the Enuma Elish, you should take a gander at it.

if im not mistaken nimrod was satan in human form...the king of the first world order (and he will rule the new world order) he had done everything and been everywhere since the creation of mankind and had all the power he needed to gather humanity under his godless government at babylon(the first manmade government..throwing out gods laws and is still in working order this day...took him a few thousand years to get back up to speed but its shaping up nicely)...cept somebody had just a little more than he did.

There is one common element to Nimrod/Marduk in all his manifestations and that is the symbol of the snake/serpent/dragon. Nimrod took the dragon as his personal emblem, so that from him spring various dragon myths and their special association with apocalyptic events. Strikingly the only favorable accounts of dragons are found among the Hamitic peoples of the world (like Nimrod) including the Ethiopians, Hittites, Chinese, Japanese and American Indian.

The Bible reveals that the ultimate source of all this evil is not to be sought in Nimrod the man (the first of the post-flood antichrists), but rather in the evil character of the one who possessed him, namely Satan. In many passages throughout the Bible the following associations are made about Satan: the serpent in Eden, Leviathan the sea monster, the dragon, "that ancient serpent", "the god of this age", the king of Babylon, the king of Tyre (Phoenicia), the king of Egypt (pharaoh), the father of lies, the prince of the power of the air, etc. In Isaiah 14 he is spoken of as the instigator of war in the heavens (space) by attempting to "ascend to the sides of the north" in order to seat himself upon the throne of God and thus to rule the universe. Thus he is the "lord of (the) rebellion" and "lord of the black void of the north".

At the most prominent place in the heavens the patriarchs placed the constellation Draco, the dragon, which lies coiled about that point of the sky they called "absolute north". This is the center of the circle which the earth's north pole describes in the sky every 25,858 years. About 4000 BC the star Iota Draconis was the nearest visible star to the north pole, while about 3000 BC the north pole centered exactly on the star Alpha Draconis (also called Thuban), the brightest star in the constellation. This portion of the Dragon is depicted as attempting to encoil the constellation Ursa Minor which was originally called the "little flock", or "little sheepfold", namely the faithful remnant of Israel or the people of God. We find this exact picture written in the prose of the book of Revelation, Chapter 12, describing events yet to be enacted in human history! That is, the most devastating battle of all is yet to be fought on earth and in space ("the heavens"). The pole star today is of course Polaris in Ursa Minor and will next enter the constellation Cepheus, which constellation pictures God as the triumphant king over all the earth.

he is the reason for everything we are questioning today about the movement of the nwo (war, government, fear, diseases, mind control, etc..) the spirit of the antichrist is going full steam. soon he will reveal himself.

isnt it amazing how deep the bible does go and yet very few realize it. its a shame. the book absolutly blows me away.

sorry didnt mean to get off subject..but yeah i will check out the Enuma Elish thanks.

www.ldolphin.org...

[edit on 18-4-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Ah yes, I've studied that angle. He claimed he was the son of Enki, which would make him nephilim, a hybrid. He was essentially, an antichrist figure, a millenia or so before Christ. Preparation, ya know. We deal in such short time periods, we don't give the eternal beings and their offspring, credit for the magnitude of advanced planning they are capable of.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
very true. got to give credit where credit is due. 1000 years is like one day to these fellas. according to the bible before the turn of the century it has been 6000 years since the creation of man....we are in a new century and now are in the begginings of the 7000th year....we are in the 7th day, the last day.

people keep saying "yeah yeah we've been hearing we're in the last days for hundred of years and still nothing"....yep they have been right...but now we are in the last day.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day...2Peter 3:8,10.

[edit on 18-4-2006 by Funkydung]

[edit on 24-4-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Dear undo,

"And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born." -- Rev. 12: 4

Obviously, stars cannot devour people.

"And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." -- Rev. 12: 17

Since when do star fragments, comets, meteors or any variation thereof, follow specific people around and make war with them?

But Revelation doesn't say anything about stars devouring people. It talks about dragons devouring people. A little different, no?

I take it your point is that Revelation is so written that it is clearly meant to be taken as a parable or metaphor. If that is the case, who is to say that the rest of the Bible is not to be taken the same way? Almost any book you care to name contains some impossibility or the other that the faithful are expected to swallow whole. But, as I said, my post was not in reference to you. Clearly your belief system includes a reinterpretation of selected Sumerian text fragments in terms of an ancient alien visitation, genetic tampering with early humans and a wide range of other credibility-snatching hijinks. Clearly you are a metaphorician par exellence; kudos to you.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung

And, do angels have wings, halos, and harps? If they do, the Bible doesn't mention this, nor does it mention a devil with horns, a pitchfork or a pointed tail.

www.bibleufo.com...

The Bible does mention that Angels have wings. If you're looking at it from the UFO point of view, maybe not physical wings, but they were described as wings because how else are people going to fly from the sky to the earth?

Pitchforks weren't invented so long ago, just to add. And it doesn't even mention red skin or anything at all. Back in the day churches wanted to make other religions, mostly the pagan religions, look bad. Thus they gave Satan red skin, a tail, and all that other jazz. Why? Because the most holy gods in other religions had red skin or a tail or etc. Also, thanks to the Vatican (no offense catholics) we have been banned from portraying Jesus and Mary how they really were.

Jesus did not have blue eyes, he did not have white skin, he did not have bright brown hair. He was a jew in israel, basically he would of looked how Arabs look today.

But mr. Catholic church, who also forged things into Bible translations to make certain people look bad, E.g. Mary Magdelin (sp), doesn't care about the truth, whatever will control people more.

Also I've always been taught that Jesus didn't come as a spiritual being, he came as a human. He was suppose to be just like us. The whole point was that someone just like the rest of us submitted to chastation, crucifixion, for something he didn't diserve, and he did it for mankind. He's just like us, IE, no halos, (no such thing in the Bible, just an artistic way of showing whos holy), no etc. etc. And so he also had the same emotions, urges, etc. While he didn't sin his whole life, he still could of loved he still could of done things most people dont want to admit because it'll move Jesus' human form lower.

Forgot where I'm going with this

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Astynax,

You're ignoring that the rest of the verse clearly indicates the Dragon and his buddies are in this work together. They are cast to Earth for the express purpose of doing just that. They aren't literally cast to earth, but are descending through the earth's atmosphere in vehicular contrivances, space-fairing craft, which appear like stars as they descend. This is one of the reasons why the ancient texts refer to the angels as stars, not because they were literal stars, but because they appeared like stars when they arrived and departed, and also because when asked of their point of origin, they would indicate the heavens and the Heavens, which are clearly not here on this planet (yet).

Also, these events are not impossible if technology is involved. Not that i think all miracles are technologically related, but even from a scientific perspective, what the German High Critics felt was proof the bible was a crock, can be made by humans today! If we can make it today, and/or do it ourselves, what does that say about the ancient stories that were viewed as impossible? That just because humans couldn't do it then that it therefore didn't exist? I don't think so. And if the universe is as old and big as science claims, the odds shrink dramatically that we are in this alone.

[edit on 19-4-2006 by undo]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I would expect something called wormwood that makes bitter waters to be.....wormwood.

How can you believe in the concept of "Wormwood" in the chapter, and not consider the rest of the material?

Much of whats in the bible is written as allegory, however, the name and substance might not have been familiar to everyone at the time, so they could've just left its name as is, to indicate to the people 'with understanding' recognize that he is talking about a hallucinatory drug that can be used for ecstatic visions.

[edit on 19-4-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Here's a little experiment:

Abraham Lincoln didn't exist.

Do you believe this? And if not, why not?

For some 5000 years, humans recorded their histories, depicting various events from the miraculous to the mundane. One thing they all have in common is larger than life beings and similar monuments for the worship of said beings. Today, our historians and scientists say it was all fairy tales. So, Abraham Lincoln didn't exist. There's a huge dichotomy in what we are told to believe and what we know to exist, I'm aware of this conundrum. But you never met Abraham Lincoln, so how do you know he existed? Where's your proof ? In historical texts? Why are more recent histories thought to be more truthful than ancient ones? Were our ancestors all idiots? When they said angels and gods talked to them, and arrived here from the sky and the heavens, were they all on drugs? Perhaps people 100 years ago were smoking pot laced with a hallucigen and that's why they believe Abe Lincoln was real? Hmm?

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Nygdan

Eek, it's President Logan! Grrr. Ruff!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Eek, it's President Logan! Grrr. Ruff!

"oh don't worry about little old me, I'm just goofy and ineffectual, I can't even tie my own shoes without my good buddy mike to help me"

[edit on 19-4-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Nygdan

What a snake, eh?! I wonder what his wife does to him when she finds out. lol Oh boy.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Astynax,

You're ignoring that the rest of the verse clearly indicates the Dragon and his buddies are in this work together.

undo,

I'm not. The rest of the verse indicates nothing of the kind. There is a difference between third person singular, masculine gender ('he', ie the dragon) and third person, plural ('they', ie the stars). Sorry to be such a bore, but really, there is no way to accept your interpretation without distorting the Biblical text. And we can't have that, can we?

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Astyanax

Well did you expect the fallen angels to come to the earth to help Christ and christians? Err, no, that's not their job, their prediliction or their biblical history. Their purpose is to work on the behest of their leader, just like soldiers would do, were they in the charge of a general or king. In fact, the fallen angels who are "cast" to the earth with the "Dragon," are here for the expressed purpose of defeating those who stand to inherit this planet. Apparently, it's not on their agenda. You gotta read all the texts, not just the ones they teach in sunday school, in the latest seminary volume, or the latest issue of "skeptics forever."

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Interesting discussion. One thing though, the "Zodiac" is different from the system used by the Israelites. Some looking into ancient Hebrew astrology could reveal some interesting things which aren't caught by our current framework which is based on this pagan system of the Zodiac.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Nakash,

I believe they used more constellations for their time keeping than the zodiac.

[edit on 20-4-2006 by undo]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Interesting thread from over a year ago about the Biblical interpretation of Wormwood. I guess they named the substance then? Since the references seem to be a place, Chernobyl facility is mentioned, which, to me, seems like the only reference worthy yet. The initial thread mentions it could be a spaceship and that wouldn't surprise me at all, Annunaki or Siriusians. . . .

Built to Spill: "Every thousand years, this metal sphere, ten times the size of Jupiter floats just a few yards past the Earth."

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Just wanted to bump this thread for ability to easily peruse it later. Very old thread but interesting subject.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngelWings9999
Undo

Excellent Post! I agree, some also say the AntiChrist will be Alien or a Hybrid, what is your viewpoint on that as well?

Since Satan likes to duplicate what the Lord does, he too would want it to appear that he came from the heaven's as well - that's why all the importance over the years of slowly having mankind accept the evil aliens!

They say their here to help - I say their here to dupe!

Angel
Deception is the devil's favorite tool. I bet the Vatican could enlighten us more and this is why they pay their scientists well and share an intense interest in space. What better way to deceive most of an entire species? Our own Governments could even stage something like this. Trillions missing? And then there's CERN, which can't be discussed and exposed enough in my opinion. Even when I put my personal bias and beliefs aside, there is still cause for concern. Anti matter, understand it as well as you can. Sure, it COULD potentially be used for good. Like television, or Internet, or medicine, or nearly anything else we get our hands on. Any Godlike power in the hands of corrupted elitists is bad news. How we are letting this happen I do not understand...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join