It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wormwood!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Chernobyl is a wormwood

And Yale is a demon... odd, eh? Yalie... little demon... Bush... etc.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
undo this is the heaviest thread ive read yet. anything this heavy gets a

your all over it. ive studied this book call the bible for almost 20 years now and your on it. i do not consider myself christian as the mainstream christianity calls themselves, but i put my soul in christs hands. i am ready to leave this world. the bible is so powerful people have no idea. to the most high

[edit on 17-4-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I've been thinking...

Suppose the Bible is centered around an Alien species rather than spiritual beings. I do strongly believe there are aliens/ufo's in the Bible, hell, just read the first chapters of Ezekiel, but I don't quite believe that Jesus was an alien and all that jazz.

But suppose that that's true, Jesus was an alien, God is just some supreme being merely in a different dimension. If this is all true, what's hell? What's heaven? Explain Genesis, does that mean we're some experimental species? What are the dark angels that roam around on earth? How does prayer work?

Just one supposition: God is an alien, can change the WHOLE Bible and everything in it. IE Angels are Aliens, Dark Angels = Evil Aliens? Etc. etc.

I don't believe it, just a fun thought. Something before bed, y'know.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vinci
I've been thinking...

Suppose the Bible is centered around an Alien species rather than spiritual beings. I do strongly believe there are aliens/ufo's in the Bible, hell, just read the first chapters of Ezekiel, but I don't quite believe that Jesus was an alien and all that jazz.

But suppose that that's true, Jesus was an alien, God is just some supreme being merely in a different dimension. If this is all true, what's hell? What's heaven? Explain Genesis, does that mean we're some experimental species? What are the dark angels that roam around on earth? How does prayer work?

Just one supposition: God is an alien, can change the WHOLE Bible and everything in it. IE Angels are Aliens, Dark Angels = Evil Aliens? Etc. etc.

I don't believe it, just a fun thought. Something before bed, y'know.

it's not justa fun thought to some....hell is real in my opinion "see my hell is real thread" for more info on that but to add to this thread the guy who went to hell in my thread had an encounter in hell with a reptilian creature which kinda confirms what we all are speculating about that they do exsist and have an agenda on this earth!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Quite offtopic, but how did you manage to get 7000 ATS points in like..a month and a half?

Anyway.

Yes I know some people take this theory seriously, but for me it's a fun theory. I mostly couldn't accept Jesus being an alien because of social reprocussions, and I've believed what I do for too long to think it's not true.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
i've started some pretty controversial threads in my short time here and built alot of points from that but not much in the last week ....but on this topic i lean more towards the meteor theory myself because the earth itself shows telltale signs of having been hit before.......

i believe partly about fallen angels/demon/reptilians have a part to play... but in the question of wormwood i believe that it is going to be ethier a nuclear holocost or a asteroid/meteor i'm leaning more toward a nuclear holocost because why else do we have all these nukes ???

and also the wormwood translation into cherynobel suggest to me radiation which in a nuclear exchange between the nations at war which seems likely very soon ......losses from such an exchange would equal the 2 thirds referred to in revalations

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This thread makes me ask (not, I hasten to add, with specific reference to undo):

Why do people who take the genealogies in Genesis word for word and are keen at every turn to insist upon the "literal truth" of the Bible never, never, never take the Book of Revelation at face value? Everything from Wormwood to the Whore of Babylon to the Number of the Beast has to be explained as a parabolic reference to something else rather than a truthful description of the thing in question.

Come on, folks. You can't have it both ways. If the Bible is to be interpreted literally, then Wormwood is a star that falls into the sea and makes the water bitter. It's not a meteor, not a "mothership", not a misguided nuclear warhead: it's a star. If it seems unlikely to you that a star could possibly come anywhere near planet Earth without destroying it, you're not being literal enough, at least not in this special, Biblical sense. A star isn't a gigantic ball of thermonuclear fire or a superdense mass of degenerate matter, you know; it's a little twinkling angelic something nailed to the vault of Heaven, which can sometimes come loose and fall to earth, poisoning the water and causing all kinds of ruckus. The "vault of Heaven", incidentally, contains doorways through which the angels pass. That's in the Bible, too (see Jacob's Ladder), though I prefer Milton's description in Paradise Lost.

And don't forget, poor ole St. John is still alive on the isle of Patmos, getting a bit jaded and senile now and wishing the Last Trump would hurry up and blow so that the prophecy that some of the disciples would not "taste of death" until the Second Coming can be fulfilled and he can unjack himself from the Divine Life-Support Unit at last...

I wanted to start a fresh thread on this issue but there doesn't seem to be a suitable area of ATS in which to do it. Pity.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I wish there was a suicide emoticon or something...

Chernobyl has NOTHING TO DO WITH WORMWOOD IN THE BIBLE! In the time the Bible was written you didn't even have a structures civilization in Ukraine, and if you did it was near the seas. They named the city POSSIBLY after wormwood in the Bible.

Jesus and God didn't have anything to do with the naming of that city.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Astynax,

Okay, let's look at the very specific symbollism, employed in Revelation regarding fallen stars.

In Revelation 12, it says the following:

And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

[...]

9 (this verse is a further clarification of the above verses, indicated by the number of stars that had been cast to the earth: ONE THIRD, the exact same number of the angels who followed Satan in rebellion against God)

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

----

Obviously, stars cannot devour people. In fact, these fallen stars do more than simply try to devour the child, they go after the remnant, observe:

And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

---

Since when do star fragments, comets, meteors or any variation thereof, follow specific people around and make war with them?

Chapter 9

And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

Chapter 20

And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

----

These are very specific events, in angels are depicted opening the Bottomless Pit and then closing it again, which I theorize about in "The Anunnaki and the Abyss" and "Nibiru and Wormwood."

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Okay, since you believe that this is all reference to UFO's and that angels are aliens etc., you must believe that Jesus was an alien, that God is an alien, etc.

So if you do believe in that, what's heaven? what's hell? what are the fallen angels?

If not; just a fun thought. Heaven = their planet? Hell = coal mines on a volcano planet? fallen angels = different alien species?

Would make an AWESOME science-fiction movie.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
www.bibleufo.com...
really good site for this

The beings of the Bible, called God, possess and use an advanced technology that allows them to fly in vehicles, described by the biblical witnesses as strikingly similar to UFOs. This technology extends far beyond flight. The church has chosen to ignore the biblical evidence that supports this, in spite of hundreds of biblical verses proving it. This practice of ignoring biblical text extends beyond the technical aspects of God into areas of specific biblical commands and core concepts. Not only the obvious exclusion of this reality, but also the characterization of demonic association by the more zealous, gives rise to the evidence of a conspiracy of ignorance either in place, or in the making.

[edit on 18-4-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Yeah yeah been there read that etc.

But just y'know, your own thoughts on what heaven and hell and dark angels might be, or whatever else amazing is in the bible, the two guardians of the temple in Revelations? etc

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Okay, since you believe that this is all reference to UFO's and that angels are aliens etc., you must believe that Jesus was an alien, that God is an alien, etc.

So if you do believe in that, what's heaven? what's hell? what are the fallen angels?

If not; just a fun thought. Heaven = their planet? Hell = coal mines on a volcano planet? fallen angels = different alien species?

Would make an AWESOME science-fiction movie.

Anything that doesn't naturally come from this planet fits the description of an extra-terrestrial. However, I think there is more than one heaven. There's Heaven, the abode of God and the Holy Angels, which is a sort of other dimension. There's heaven, which is this physical universe and the abode of humans and fallen angels. And in rare cases: there is heaven, which is just the physical sky in general - clouds or no clouds. We are all sharing in this misery, called the physical universe, together, from various different locales. The fallen angels are the aliens we encounter. The holy angels also encounter humans but for a drastically different purpose. It's very hard in many cases, to tell the difference between them, and as a result, without a spiritual connection to the Creator, we can end up being deceived.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Uh, you mean like..the ufo's we photograph are fallen angels?

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Uh, you mean like..the ufo's we photograph are fallen angels?

Quite likely. If they are interfering with us, abducting the populace, abusing people for no apparent reason, getting involved in our governments, eating people for snack time, killing our animals, experimenting on us genetically, screwing up our planet, offering our elected officials and tyrants technology that advances our demise, yep, I'd say that qualifies as fallen.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The Lord Yhovah of the Old Testament, who became the Lord Jesus of the New Testament, is described as flying in thick clouds, swift clouds, bright clouds, dark clouds, white clouds, low clouds, great clouds, and fiery clouds. There are platforms, vessels, whirling chariots of fire, sky thrones, fiery horses, cherubims, thick darkness, great fire, whirlwinds, fiery wheels, pavilions, dark waters, storms, sky dwellings, rolls, and sanctuaries. Whether, or not, one believes these objects are actually flying vehicles that the God of the Bible lives in, appears with, travels in, and is considered the seat of his power is a matter of opinion. The fact that they do not appear without him or his ambassadors, and that, in most major appearances, he and other beings are clearly described as directly associated with these flying objects, is undeniable.

The fact that the objects described in the Bible are controlled, flying craft, is borne out by the flight characteristics of those objects. In Bible text the objects associated with the Elohiym are shown to exhibit rapid, prolonged flight, they ascend and descend, and they hover for extended periods. If these objects were just ethereal images created by ethereal beings, these flight descriptions would have no relevance. The fact that the authors wrote about the flight routine of these objects is evidence that they have a distinct physical presence.

Two main beings are directly associated with the flying vehicles, the Elohiym, the gods, (See The Reality of God), and the Malak, the angels). Others include Archangels, Elders, Ministers, Saints, Watchers, and Men. There is another group which, though assumed to be living entities, are described in a manner that indicates they may be devices or machines. This group includes Cherubim, Seraphim, Living Creatures, and Beasts. Also presented are the beings that are associated with the modern UFO phenomenon by misplaced religious zeal; Satan and devils. A fleet of flying vehicles, described as the army, or Hosts, of Yhovah, appears several times and the importance of this fleet to the Biblical narrative is seriously underrated. Close encounters, from face to face conversations and beam-ups to meetings, are well documented in Biblical text and are a major part of many of the Bible's, more phenomenal, events. The nature of Yhovah in his human form as Jesus is a grossly neglected aspect of the Bible. Another questionable facet of accepted Biblical doctrine is the Holy Spirit as an individual member of a supreme triad. Is the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost a being or a spiritual force? And, do angels have wings, halos, and harps? If they do, the Bible doesn't mention this, nor does it mention a devil with horns, a pitchfork or a pointed tail.

www.bibleufo.com...

[edit on 18-4-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Love that website, Funkydung.

The quote makes a couple points I disagree with, specifically that "Seraphim" are devices or machines. There's scriptural support that the serpent in the garden was a "seraphim", which technically means "fiery, flying serpent": a dragon. To me this translates: reptilian extra-terrestrial in a spacecraft.

The other thing he mentions that I disagree with is the question over the Holy Spirit. This is like an interdimensional connection to God, as it were. Not so much channeling, as knowing. That's the best way i can think to put it.

[edit on 18-4-2006 by undo]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Love that website, Funkydung.

The quote makes a couple points I disagree with, specifically that "Seraphim" are devices or machines. There's scriptural support that the serpent in the garden was a "seraphim", which technically means "fiery, flying serpent": a dragon. To me this translates: reptilian extra-terrestrial in a spacecraft.

[edit on 18-4-2006 by undo]

yeah thats the way i see it to...but doesent a spacecraft qualify as a flying machine or device?

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yeah, i think the OT frequently depicted the vehicle and the operator(s) of the same, as one entity. Although in the case of the "Serpent" in the Garden, it was most likely "out of vehicle" encounter. I'd have to go back and study the particulars on that again.

There's historical evidence, in the sumerian/akkadian/babylonian texts, that the ante-diluvian exploits of Enki, were essentially describing the activities of that particuarly famous "Serpahim" known as "Satan." I think some of the events were mushed together, so that the activities of several fallen ones were mixed in with the story of Enki/Satan. Later, when Marduk/Nimrod, tries to lay claim to these exploits, he ends up sounding like he has done everything, been everywhere, and has all the power in the universe and beyond. If you've never read the Enuma Elish, you should take a gander at it.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Not sure how accurate Wiki is here but:

On occasion, Chornobyl has been translated controversially to mean simply "wormwood" (which most commonly refers to Artemisia absinthium), with consequent apocalyptic associations, that spread as far as Poland before Serge Schmemann of the New York Times published "Chernobyl Fallout: Apocalyptic Tale", July 25, 1986. The article quoted an unnamed "prominent Russian writer" as claiming the Ukrainian word for wormwood was chernobyl.

Well Dalkelf is getting to the main point. What does the word really mean?

Strongs Exhaustive Concordance

Word 3939 from the Chaldean Dictionary

Wormwood: la-anah; from an unused root supposed to mean to curse;
wormwood (regarded as poisonous, and therefore accursed)
- Hemlock, wormwood

Word 894 from the Greek Dictionary

Wormwood: apsinthos uncertain Origin
wormwood (as a type of bitterness, i.e. [fig] calamity)
- wormwood

So, in repsects to the Revelation references, the name of the Star called Calamity, and, parts of the waters became bitter.

And as Dark Elf noted, it is called Chernobyl in the Ukraine.

Ciao

Shane

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join