It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wormwood!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Wormwood like other hallucinogens give people visions and distort time and reality. Things like wormwood and mushrooms for example don't make you really hallucinate like many think. It is like a dream state while your awake things morph and colors change. Wormwood among many psychodelics as well were used during meditation, rituals and religeos rites of passage for their followers to see God, future events, astral projection supposedly. My experiences with all of those above and others as well like peyote definatly opened my eyes to a lot of truths, enlightenment and the realization of a great many things.

These things are illegal now and there are excuses churches and other religeons used. It leads to rebellian (60's) look at what happened. If '___' ever made a comeback during this war it would make these mexican rallies seem tiny in comparrison. Wormwood like other plants and chemicals ('___') has the ability to change minds it let's you see through the bull# and realize how important life is. It is a life changing experience everytime and sure I've had bad trips but it's never that bad most of what you hear about these things is bull#. Also the creativity part of using these things as well including pot has been instrumental through out music and other forms of art as well.
I will refrence men like Van Gough, Jesus and his disciples, Shakespear, The Beatles and most other musicians as well. Famous smart people as well like Bill Maher who is pretty friggin hilarious, Kevin Smith has also been known to dabble in the Mary Jane every now and then.

Most biblical figures did psychodelics perhaps the guy just had a bad trip.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Undo

Excellent Post! I agree, some also say the AntiChrist will be Alien or a Hybrid, what is your viewpoint on that as well?

Since Satan likes to duplicate what the Lord does, he too would want it to appear that he came from the heaven's as well - that's why all the importance over the years of slowly having mankind accept the evil aliens!

They say their here to help - I say their here to dupe!

Angel

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I agree with the idea that the antichrist is an alien or hybrid, although I should mention that I believe the antichrist is more than one person. In the past, it was believed that the events of Revelation had already been fulfilled by the Holy Roman Empire, which was extremely corrupt and killed christians by the hundreds of thousands, while still trying to claim it was itself, a christian organization. The Temple at Jersusalem had a abomination of desolation in it, when a roman Caesar had a pagan statue erected in it. Then when the Caesars became the leaders of the "Christian" church, and mangled it into twisty pretzel shapes, they set up more pagan idols in the christian churches, so that no matter where God was supposed to be worshipped, as long as romans had a hand in it, there would be pagan idols in place (a direct attempt to disregard the commandment not to worship idols, since they can't see, hear, or do anything else). Later, the church fathers found that the word "Roman" in both the biblical languages, Greek and Hebrew, is the equivalent of 666. In other words, when it says "the number of a man," it means the number of a type of man, and in this case, roman. In the roman language (latin), the name is lateinos.

Anyway, that's one possible way of looking at it, although it doesn't account for the unfulfilled passages, which haven't as yet, taken place, to my knowledge. As a result, I believe some of the events have already transpired, and some have not.

mod edit: removed quote of previous post

[edit on 13-4-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
good post about the wormwood.... www.bibleufo.com... is a great place to check this stuff out. your pretty much on it about revelations and the pyramids and ufo etc.... i belive the new jerusalem will be a mega pyramid shaped city coming to earth..possibly big enough to hold most of the earths population if needed. the whole bible is full of these things especially in the old testament. thats why we have pyramids here now...because of the fallen angels....they built these cities with pyramids when they were cast down.... because thats the structures that where built where they came from.

as far as the antichrist....the spirit of the antichrist(lucifer) has been here for thousands of years. taking a person for a time, using him or her until the purpose (to rebuild the "new" world government...as babylon did not succeed)is finished then moving on.....example....first nimrod where it all started in babylon...then to the pharos of egypt....then to rome....now the spirit of lucifer has taken on a few roles i belive....one being any religion that is against christs teachings.... and the other being a more friendlier face promising peace and doing it all in the name of god...but what god.....two birds with one stone.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Funkydung]

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Funkydung]

mod edit: removed quote of previous post

[edit on 13-4-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
Wormwood like other hallucinogens give people visions and distort time and reality. Things like wormwood and mushrooms for example don't make you really hallucinate like many think. It is like a dream state while your awake things morph and colors change. Wormwood among many psychodelics as well were used during meditation, rituals and religeos rites of passage for their followers to see God, future events, astral projection supposedly. My experiences with all of those above and others as well like peyote definatly opened my eyes to a lot of truths, enlightenment and the realization of a great many things.

Most biblical figures did psychodelics perhaps the guy just had a bad trip.

Wormwood and Mushrooms are totally different drugs, whereas Mushrooms affect the serotonin 5-ht (usually 5-ht-2a), and Wormwood, like Salvia (or any other "unknown" psychoactive) is believed to effect the RAPHE system of your brain.

Edit: Bah, I was close. It affects the GABA receptors, not the RAPHE system.

Also you can't just sum up "MUSHROOMS", there are Psilocybne mushrooms and Fly Argic, Fly argic are the red ones that'll kill you, Psilocybne mushrooms are the harmless ones you usually find in manuer or near trees.

Wormwood isn't that common of a psychoactive drug, especially in Bibical times. However Peyote, Morning Glory Seeds (LSA, natural version of '___'), Mushrooms, Wormwood, Nutmeg, etc. etc. Have all been used in Shaman training, though I doubt in Israel you can find Morning Glory, Wormwood, Nutmeg, or maybe even mushrooms. (Back then atleast, when it was literally a giant desert).

I know my drugs, for...personal reasons of course.

However:

While the use of wormwood can be dated as far back as 1550 B.C.

I still doubt John used wormwood.

Also, for wormwood to be psychoactive you need a lot more other plants:

A typical recipe for the herbal flavoring extract, attributed to Henri-Louis Pernod, calls for a ground up mixture of aniseed, fennel, hyssop, lemonbalm, angelica, star anise, dittany, juniper, nutmeg, veronica and wormwood. A steam distillation of this mixture is done. More wormwood is added to the distillate and then diluted with ethanol to 75% alcohol by volume(2).

www.erowid.org...

Edit:

Links to the stated drugs:

Fly Argic Mushrooms: www.erowid.org...

Psilocybne Mushrooms: www.erowid.org...

'___': www.erowid.org...

Peyote: www.erowid.org...

'___': www.erowid.org...

Morning Glory: www.erowid.org...

Salvia: www.erowid.org...

Wormwood: www.erowid.org...

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Vinci]

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Vinci]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Funkydung

Have you read anything by Patrick Heron? In his book, The Nephilim and the Pyramid of the Apocalypse, he elaborates on the subject of the significance of the pyramid. In another thread here, on a similar subject, I discuss how the pyramid and the Eye of Ra (such as the symbol on the back of the us dollar) may be a weapon as well as a spacecraft.

Blood and Water: Wormwood and the Eye of Ra
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Patrick Heron's The Nephilim and the Pyramid of the Apocalypse
www.nephilimapocalypse.com...

[edit on 13-4-2006 by undo]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Oh I agree with you the effects are different but when i say mushrooms i mean the species used for religeos practice and when i say wormwood i'm reffering to the possible use of that as well. Wormwood is common and legal here i can buy it in a liquor store. But these entheogens are all used for the same reasons by religeos users. Also Amantia species (Red/Orange and white spots) were used as well by various native tribes up here in Canada. Magic mushrooms in the Psilocybe genus are legal in some countries as well like Japan and here in Canada you can grow them you just can't pick them. Opiates have been used ceremonial as well likewise with Cannabis and Ibogane producing plants. Just about every mind altering substance you can think of were and still are used by many for religeos reasons whatever they are (varies).

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
user.chollian.net...

Check out one of Van Gogh's paintings inspired by Scizophrenia and Abisithe (wormwood) he completed it near Asylum at Saint-Remy in 1889.

A lot of people do not realize that the artwork was most likely done while under the influence of the powerfull wormwood in the Absinthe.

www....-------------------------/library/bio/artists/vincent-van-gogh/

"The glass in question was often absinthe. Fellow painter Toulouse Latrec painted a portrait of van Gogh sitting with his glass of absinthe. van Gogh himself immortalized the drink in his own work."

Some people say '___' is not an entheogen but I think that drug is also just as important as any of the other ones as well.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Isn't it interesting how all of a sudden in the last couple years that NASA is very interested in asteroids, comets, meteors? They never cared about this before. They had that Deep Impact experiement last year. And recently they just started another comet/meteor research project. My question is WHY? What does NASA know that has them so interested in researching the makeup of comets and how to change their direction/course. Why all of a sudden are we worried about this right now? It would seem to me that they are aware of an imminent danger that maybe them and our government are refusing to divulge the information to the masses. If everyone on this planet knew that in 10 months the earth was going to be engulfed in the tail of a fiery comet and possibly planet-struck.....most people would quit their jobs, the economy would crash and the governments of the world would have major anarchy with their populaces.

My take on Wormwood:
Wormwood will come about when one of these giant fiery comets heads straight toward earth and we shoot one of our nuclear warheads at it to break it up way out in space. But what we didn't expect is giant shards of this comet still breaking off and still remaining on a collision course with earth. And one giant nuclear contaminated piece lands here and contaminates 1/3 of the world after it explodes and sends massive clouds of water and soil into the upper atmosphere landing all around, killing everything. Essentially, we make Wormwood...our plans to eliminate collision fail.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
zerotolerance,

thanks for the comments. i'd like to direct you to biblical symbollism in the revelation passages. first observe the usage of "Falling stars" as direct references to "Fallen angels," rather than to meteorites, which were called stones and rocks:

Revelation 12

And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

My comments:

If you will notice, it isn't earth-based technology, but rather the great red dragon, that causes the stars of heaven to fall to earth. It is a principality. Not a human government but a principality. You know the difference between the great dragon and the beast of Revelation, correct? Notice the stars that have fallen to earth, are trying to devour the woman and her child? This is obviously not a meteor reference or a comet or earth-based technology. These are beings, who have fallen to earth, with the expressed purpose of wiping out the child of the woman.

Revelation 9

1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

My comments:

This is obviously not a meteor and yet, it's a star falling from heaven. Again, "falling stars" are not references to space debris of any kind. These are beings falling to the earth, in glowing craft that appear as stars falling to the earth. What they are really doing is flying down through the atmosphere in spacecraft, not "falling" in the strictest sense of the word. Do you see the difference? .

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I see your theory, but I honestly think everyone interprets sacred texts differently.
I don't have a Bible handy, but I do know I've read parts of the bible talking about stars and I literally understood it to mean "star" as modern man knows it (the twinkly bright spots in the night sky). I think the star of Bethlehem was a star, not a spaceship. I myself truly believe that our planet will eventuaully be struck by a large flying object(s) coming in from outer space. Fiery mountains, giant rocks, fallen stars....I don't know, I just don't read the metaphor that you are reading into it. I know the Bible talks specifically in places about "fallen angels", so why change it in another chapter and ambiguously call them "fallen stars"? I'm not getting that out of it; but again, the Bible hits us all differently.

The alien/demon/fallen angel thing: I have often thought that aliens were a ploy to mislead man that other life exists in the galaxies (so that we'll waste millions of dollars exploring outer space, when those millions could be used to feed starving millions here on this planet). If you think about it, this would be a pretty neat trick for Satan to pull on man.

About the red dragon....many who believe in the Planet X/Niburu theory have found many ancient descriptions confirming that this thing is red and fiery when it makes it's appearance in the heavens. There also is alot of speculation that it drags with it many small bodies (moons/asteroids). So in theory this fiery red dragon could appear in the sky, bypass us, but it's many straggling moons could pelt our planet into oblivion. My interpretation of being given the key to the bottomless pit is when a really big rock hits us so hard that it breaks through the earth's mantle and heads right into the core (this is plausible depending on the size and impact speed of such an asteroid). This could cause a lava flow of continental size proportions which would basically unleash hell on earth. It states in Revelations that when these things are about to occur that men will seek the mountains and caves as shelter. Many Planet X theorists are saying the only place to escape the wrath of Planet X is about 2300 feet up in the mountains, yet deep into the mountains body. Interesting, huh?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
zerotolerance,

the problem is, that's exactly what is indicated in the texts. The stars are representative of the angels, some fallen, some not. literal stars didn't try to devour jesus when he was born, but rulers who were guided by principalities DID. stars didn't try to destroy the remnant, but rulers guided by principalities DID. you have to keep the concepts in context with each other. i'm not saying that the star of bethelehem was a spaceship, although the holy angels can use whatever mode of transportation they want. fallen angels displayed all manner of human traits, because they were other creations of God.

also, the bottomless pit, is a whole 'nother ball of wax. the bottomless pit, also known as the abyss, is straight from the sumerian "abzu," which was a wormhole entrance, under Enki's ziggurat in Eridu, under the Tower of Babel, also at Eridu and otherwise known as the Etemenanki. have you read my e-book entitled, the anunnaki and the abyss?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
undo said:

The only indication that the name has bearing on the rest of meaning is that it tastes bitter and makes water undrinkable. Does wormwood, the substance, turn water red? Interesting note that it is used in bug repellants, when the very next chapter goes on to describe locust beings coming out of the pit. Dunno if there's a relation to the two events in that regard, or not.

Like someone in a post back some said, wormwood means chernobyl, at least that's what I have heard. Red is the metaphorical description of death, probably not the actual colour of red.

And as for the bottomless pit, revelations talks about the pit smoking and locusts and crud like that. That makes me believe the pit is where oil comes from, which is hence burned and smokes, and the locusts simply mean the tribulations that arise from global warming.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
here, let me explain it a bit better. if you translate the passage to mean that an actual star falls to earth, you must consider the rest of the falling stars to mean the same thing - et.al, they aren't angelic beings, fallen or holy, but literal stars falling to the earth. this would mean that literal stars, tried to devour jesus before and after he was born. it would mean, literal stars went out to persecute the people who keep the testimony of jesus. it would mean that a literal star opened the bottomless pit with a key.

these concepts are wrong for several reasons, first of which is the idea that the ocean or any body of water, could be opened with a key. in order to keep your translation of it, you must ignore the key. the key becomes meaningless if it's just a rock punching a hole in the earth's crust. it also requires ignoring the references to the falling stars trying to wipe out jesus, the remnant of the seed of the woman, and the people who keep the testimony of jesus. it also requires translating a falling rock, to a falling star, which is clearly not the same thing and must thereofre have some biblical support to show a precedence, but there isn't one.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Maybe that's why NASA lauched that satelite into space that suposse to take picture of planet Pluot. I belive its going to look at this mysterious rock that's headed for eath. The bible code suggest that in the year 2012 a massive collison of destruction would from an astroide claiming to be to biggest rock that will destroy much of the Earth. How true is it? we'll find out in 2012

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
they aren't rocks! they are spaceships, containing alien beings, who are otherwise known biblically, as fallen angels.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Perhaps it is Nibiru, and it's force of gravity as it goes by makes the Earth's crust slip, changing the location of the equatorial bulge. (or global warming causing the earth to become unbalanced because of the ice caps disappearing, and it spins out like an unbalanced top)
Now because the Earth's axis is changing because of the slip, the stars will move out of their position (the earth is moving, not the stars), making the stars move out of their place, hence falling, over there (but rising behind you).
This would cause cataclismic earthquake activity which would cause the bottomless pit to open up, which of course would smoke like crazy.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
So do this mean we're headed for an alien invasion?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Toadmund,

That's not a "key", however. The fallen star (read, fallen angel, read alien being), opens the bottomless pit with a key. That's because it's a wormhole of some kind, a star gate, that links earth to some other place, from which the locust like beings derive. At least, that's my theory.

See, in ancient Sumer, Enki had a "ziggurat" called the E.ABZU. It was in Eridu, an ancient sumerian city. This is not a fictitious place. Beneath it, was the ABZU, a underground chamber in which the anunnaki had their meetings, and from which the gods were "born" or emerged on this planet. They emerged through this star gate contraption in the ABZU, which was linked to "the Field Constellation" (I'm not making this up. It's in their ancient texts. If you'd like me to provide the quotations from the Oxford University source, let me know). This was why the Tower of Babel and several other anunnaki buildings were heaven-earth bonds, they contained more than communication centers or meeting chambers, but also passage from their planets to this one, star gates (I'm not sure how many). And that passage is the bottomless pit that will be opened with a key by the alien being, the falling star that opens the bottomless pit with a key, allowing access to our planet from some other place. Thusly why the creatures coming out of the bottomless pit, don't sound even remotely human or angelic.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dethmic
So do this mean we're headed for an alien invasion?

I believe so, yes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join