Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Awful Truth About General Wesley Clark

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
As a public service, here are links to a number of articles describing the real Wesley Clark, and it ain't pretty. He's a four-star general on account of his commanding ability to kiss the asses of those above him, probably his only skill when you consider what some of his military colleagues have to say (see the CounterPunch articles), and the man is clearly a pathological egomaniac. If any of you have seen his appearances in different settings (during NATO press conferences, giving testimony to Congress, etc.), one can't fail to be struck by the arrogance and pomposity of this twit, who appears on any scene like a pasha, accompanied by a huge entourage of underlings nervously setting the stage and dusting the seats for his genteel derriere in advance of his grand entrance. Can you imagine this man on the White House throne? It makes King George II look mighty appealing by comparison.

www.dissidentvoice.org...

This article is a storehouse of links to other articles.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
no matter who runs for president someone will always be there to discredit them. every one has faults honestly if you look at this guy he is a in a lot better standing then some previous president we habve had..

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm posting this extensive look at Clark for all to study and make their own conclusions. There are many links, both right and left.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
indeed and forthat i thank you and i made my own conclusion. as i stated earlier he is a lot better looking in my opinion then some other presidents we have had

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I, personally don't trust the guy as far as I can throw him. But to each his own.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
indeed.. anyone else want to add a little flavor to our discussion ?

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
What's really freaky about him is I've heard people say and seen articles claiming Clark was the military guy in charge of the WACO haulocaust. If that's so, then I definitely want no part of him in our government.

I will be looking more into that aspect.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I, personally don't trust the guy as far as I can throw him. But to each his own.

I dont trust any politician as far as I could throw them.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
They wish to usurp the process by giving people the name and face recognition, just as the GOP did here in California with Ahnald.

We now have another actor as govenor because the GOP saw a cult-of-personality to be exploited!!

Clark is acting as an agent of his commander in chief, once an Army wonk, always an Army wonk!!!

DEAN FOR AMERICA IN 2004!!!!!!!!!!!
The only candidate from either party with a plan already for your review at:

www.deanforamerica.com...

His platform is sound, his ideas are all focused on making America a great country again!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The man rose to 4 star General, takes care of his troops, was injured in action with 4 bullets.

He DOES know what he is doing.

You want a strong military, and someone who will take care of the people he is your man.

HE WILL NOT rush troops into action on something that is not completely justified. HE knows what war is.

Kind of different in what we have had in the last two presidents. I know one thing. He will not let a bunch of guys who like to play war without ever being in one lead him down the path.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by USMC Harrier

Clark is acting as an agent of his commander in chief, once an Army wonk, always an Army wonk!!!

DEAN FOR AMERICA IN 2004!!!!!!!!!!!
The only candidate from either party with a plan already for your review at:

www.deanforamerica.com...

I have to agree with you completely USMC H.
Let's just hope we're not being fooled by Dean, either. (I've never supported a Democrat for Pres. before.)

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
The man rose to 4 star General, takes care of his troops, was injured in action with 4 bullets.

He DOES know what he is doing.

You want a strong military, and someone who will take care of the people he is your man.

HE WILL NOT rush troops into action on something that is not completely justified. HE knows what war is.

Kind of different in what we have had in the last two presidents. I know one thing. He will not let a bunch of guys who like to play war without ever being in one lead him down the path.

With all due respect, remove your rose coloured glasses and do some more research. (I could only hope you're right about him, but I seriously doubt it.)

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I Think a General For President Is A Great Idea. Eisenhower Was A General Before Becoming President And He Was Great. Clark has seen Combat And Knows how the troops feel from experience. I Like That .

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
tealc, I'm a veteran of the Gulf War. I was with the 101st Airborne Division. It's a very political base and I have seen with my own eyes the hoops that general officers jump through to get their stars. I'm not nearly as impressed, having served under the good and the bad.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater

...But what is his stand on restoring & maintaining the Rights & Freedoms of the "civilian" population, as outlined in the Constitution? It's all fine & dandy that he takes care of the troops...But the entire US Armed Forces makes up only about 1%-2% of the total national population. How does he feel about that majority?

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   
most generals are kiss asses...
they cannot get promoted unless that is the "case"...
i cannot judge them for it, heck im no kissass myself...
but being a "kissass" is one of the prerequisites for being an officer didnt you know that...
check it out for yourself if youd like...

4stars cannot give away someones potential...
his potential is more than mere words...
yet this is the age we live, where the internet is making the truth of situations readily available to those who seek, and those who do not are taken advantage of for their ignorance...

some interesting times indeed...

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tealc
indeed.. anyone else want to add a little flavor to our discussion ?

Strawberry!

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Taking care of your troops. The military is a microcosm of overall America.

When I say takes care of the troops that means making sure they are fed properly, housed, etc. A good leader does this. I'm pretty certain from what I've read he would attempt to do the same for the people.

East Coast

I wear no rose colored glasses. Sure Generals jump thru hoops to get their stars. Just like most of us do to get that next raise, promotion, etc. It shows DRIVE. The ones with the rose colored glasses are the ones who support this administration, and a war brought about to take the focus off of domestic agenda that is nothing but for big business and against the everyday American.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   

East Coast

I wear no rose colored glasses. Sure Generals jump thru hoops to get their stars. Just like most of us do to get that next raise, promotion, etc. It shows DRIVE. The ones with the rose colored glasses are the ones who support this administration, and a war brought about to take the focus off of domestic agenda that is nothing but for big business and against the everyday American.

Madman, I'm not being argumentative with you. It's just that I saw for myself how self-serving and malicious some officers can be to get to where they wanna be. It's cut throat in many cases and it speaks to a man's character. I've heard comments by generals and others who have known and worked with Clark and I consider those very seriously - and according to what I think of THEIR character. General Hugh Shelton (former snakeater and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff) had some pretty interesting comments. Then there are those made by former Klinton drug Czar Gen. Barry McAffrey. His were much more kind. Out of the two, based on what I know of them both, I'd rely more on Shelton's statements. I don't trust McAffrey. Here's a link to a compilation of articles concerning Clark. Take a look:

www.dissidentvoice.org/Articles8/DVNS_Wesley-Clark.htm

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I saw one of his speeches and he was going on and on about calling American people to service. If he gets into office dont be suprised when he reinstates the draft.

I was wondering since he jumped boats if this could be a stategy to take votes away from the democrats. If doesnt not get nominated, which I think he wont and runs on his owm platform that he could stir things up in the election.

All the canidates look weak to me for the next election, except for Carol Braun. That would be something if a black women were to get elected.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join