It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Express Lanes endangered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I see an alarming trend as of late. It seems all my local grocery stores either dont have or dont utilize express lanes anymore. I almost exclusivly use them and almost never buy more than 15 items at any one time, in addition to which I have bad psychological reactions to lines in general. Signs point to the increase in automatic checkout lanes as replacements for these but it really isnt and heres why. They are often unmanned and I often buy beer and how is it convenient for me to use a self checkout lane to buy buy beer and can of damn spaghettios if I have to wait for someone to slowly ,ever so slowly, get a chance to come over and check my id and turn the little key so the light stops flashing and the o so convenient automatic machine takes my money. Cant it read my id..can I like log my fingerprint with the store or something for future reference..One of the first things Im gonna ask omniscient God when i go to heaven is please can you tell me how much of my breif life was spent waiting to purchase items at the store and would you kindly send me back to my body for the balance of that time:bnghd:

new topics

join