It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any updates on Icke?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
I THINK SOME ONE AT ICKE VILLE IS TAKING THE PISS

We heard back from the "Icke Camp" and the suggestion was for an alternative podcast series where Mr. Icke answers questions posted by ATS members.

My response was that Mr. Icke has suffered some serious credibility damage with the Internet's most active discussion board for his topics, and that anything less than the original agreement was unlikely.

Oh well.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

My response was that Mr. Icke has suffered some serious credibility damage

The guy had been ridiculed by the British press for years. His recent image change has made a turn around for him, now being respected enough with requests to appear on some major British TV shows, including his own.

I admire his determination to get information to new people and not staying within the safe limits of "preaching to the choir" type of sites.

You might not like this, but I very much doubt his credibility has been damaged by refusing to post here, perhaps being associated with "conspiracy" sites, and not pro active, progressive web sites, would indeed damage his credibility.

Lets not forget, David Icke is on a mission to expose the wrong doings of our political climate, and I do not believe apart of that mission (should) include debating the ins and outs while things continually get worst. Action needs to be taken, it's OK to sit on the sidelines and moan about it, it's another thing to actually do something about it.

David Icke is an activist, if agrees to that label or not, that's what he is. He tries to enforce change for the better, not reap the rewards of a world turned upside down.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by SepticChords]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
i agree with septicChords, considering david icke's worldwide fame building perhaps maybe ATS should have considered an alternative podcast series, something is better than nothing, i'm sure the possiblity of having some questions answered through this medium is not as appealing as an open forum like we previuosly had hoped for, but IMHO i think that most ATS members would agree that a podcast series is better than nothing

[edit on 23-5-2006 by the_sentinal]

[edit on 23-5-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Divergent Paths

Personally, I see no reason to read anything more into all this than there is.

If Mr. Icke's schedule and interests preclude his involvement with ATS, then that's that.

I think it's unfortunate that this couldn't have been clarified sooner, and lament the valuable and irreplaceable Overlord and member time lost to the endeavor, but such is life, and these things happen.

Wherever Mr. Icke's path may lead him, I wish him well.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
If icke wanted it as a promotional forum, then he'd be very active in it, not inactive, I'd think. I have no idea what is preventing him from posting, but it could be any number of things, he might have other commitments that are holding him up for right now, he could have problems with his internet access, etc. Notice that the overlord didn't say, in that update, that icke has said 'no, i don't want a forum', just that he's not active in it, yet.

right again my friend, however, c'mon- lizards? wtf? if that's true -we're toAST- no sense even TRYING to defeat those reptilian bastards.

As far as commitments, appearances, I think someone who claims as outlandish crap as Mr Icke- should have the courtesy to answer his claims in the forums that he inspired.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
As far as commitments, appearances, I think someone who claims as outlandish crap as Mr Icke- should have the courtesy to answer his claims in the forums that he inspired.

This is what I mean by doing, we are lucky in a sense where we can lay back, chat and debate these issues.. somebody like David Icke doesn't have the same kind of luxury we do.. he must be incredibly busy researching, reporting news, working on his next book or TV show.. out there trying to make a difference.

To expect someone like that to spend even more time signing virtual autographs is almost selfish (but thoroughly understanable).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join