It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to talk to my priest today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
First off I have to laugh. When I was reading up on where to post this, and saw that this is the place, I noticed that there were 2012 topics. Funny how that number keeps popping up and in this section of all places.

Anyway, I am going to talk to my priest today. I am kind of nervous about it. The last time I talked to him was a few years ago, when I wanted to baptise my kids. He refused to do it because my husband had previously been divorced. Due to my recent dreams and understandings I have the most urgent need to get my last two kids baptised. (my first born was baptised as an infant) So I emailed him the other day, asking once again if he would baptise them and he was sure we could work it out and asked me to come in today.

I have only spoken to him a couple of times before. The first time I spoke to him, I went and talked to him about my prophetic dreams. I also delivered a message to him. Today I am going to ask him why he didnt tell me about how my dreams went hand in hand with the Garabandal prophecies. I am kind of nervous about this, but it is something I have to talk to him about.

Ironic how everything seems to fall at the right time.

Wish me luck. I am nervous.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I find it disturbing that a priest would not want to baptise your children.

Is it not the role of a priest to carry out such tasks? Ask your priest why he would want to put your children at risk simply because of a past error on the part of your husband.

That's very odd, imo.

Then ask him if he's married. When he says, 'no'... ask him why not and then ask why he wouldn't want to get married and have children when it clearly states in the Bible that it is indeed God's wish for us to be fruitful and multiply.

edit: I'm sorry that I forgot to wish you luck with your meeting, I hope it goes well.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by fattyp]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I find it odd that a priest would not want to baptise children... perhaps because they won't be raised religious?

However, I don't see the whole point of baptising anyway, especially when it's not the children deciding for themselves.

mrsdudara, try to imagine yourself as you were God... would you send a baptised baby to heaven and an unbaptised baby to hell/limbo?

This argument is one of the reasons I left the church. Illogical reasoning and the dependence on sacraments and sacramentals. So superstitious!

How about let your children decide when they get older whether or not they want to be religious? After I was all grown up (raised in a traditional Catholic family), I asked myself... why am I Catholic? My answer: Because I was raised that way, expected to be, not because I chose it for myself. I realised that I was never a true Catholic anyway, so why would baptism as a baby had saved me? I was just ignorant, following in my parents' footsteps, believing in Santa Clause so to speak, because I wanted to, and because I was told to. I was told that I'd go to hell if I didn't believe. That's right church, play that fear card!

Funny that while studying my religion further (so that I might be better at converting others), I converted myself away.

Fear is the only enemy. Don't let religion control you through fear. It pains me to see it happening, as I was once controlled by fear as well.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Kruel, I understand your point but was just playing devils advocate. I'm assuming mrsdudara is catholic. If that is the case, her priest should want to baptise the children, no? Is that not what takes place in the catholic religion? I was born and raised in a catholic household and I was baptised, obviously not by choice, when I was a baby.

More confusion stems from the fact that the same church that allowed the marriage to take place is the same church that will not baptise the children. Isn't that odd?

I agree with you Kruel, I'm just trying to understand things from another perspective.

I chose to be baptised last year when I was 28 because I felt it was important based on my new found spirituality/faith/beliefs.

I guess I'm just confused as to why the priest would be against the baptism if it's such an important part of the church's dogma/practices.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
All priests are different. One will say something that contradicts another.

The only thing I can think of as to why a priest may not want to baptise the children, is if he knows they are not going to be raised in that religion. Otherwise, I'd have no idea.

mrsdudara, if baptising is that important, you could just try a different priest. Heck, if you wanted to do birth-control with a clear concious, you'd just have to go ask different priests until one of them said yes.
They just aren't consistent with their beliefs anymore. Such is the result of Vatican2 I suppose.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well I just got back, and things went great. He said that he was sorry that I came out of it thinking that he wouldnt baptise my kids. He said that he is more than willing to baptise them whenever I want. He said he would even do it tonight if I wanted. We had a long talk about everything. I am very happy.

I know that some people have different opinions about baptism. I had my oldest baptised when he was just a few months old, mainly because I felt that was the right thing to do. I was not baptised until right before my first communion. I remember everythig, I knew exactly what I was doing, why, and what it ment. I was only 7 years old, but I understood. Some people choose to baptise them as infants because they are willing to make the commitment to raise them in the church. The two kids I am going to have baptised are now 2 and 7. I am actually glad that they will be baptised now as opposed to when they were infants. I wish that I had waited a bit for my oldest, but he understands what happened, and why and he is ok with it. He believes in God and is glad I baptised him when I did. I remember being baptised, it was an awesome thing. The feeling of the Holy Spirit was the most intence thing I have ever been through. That includes giving birth to all three of my kids. I wanted my kids to feel that and remember it like I do. I believe that they are old enough now to understand. I know my daughter is only 2, but she is unusually in tune with everything. I have absolutly no doubt in my mind that she will understand.

Oh yea, and he enjoyed hearing about my dreams. He thought it was wonderful, and he also thought that it would be good if I told others of them.

So all in all, yea Im having a good day!

-mrsdudara

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I'm glad it worked out for you!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Keep in mind the prophecies of Garabandal have not been totally approved or disapproved by the Church in Rome. Also, keep in mind that some of Conchita's prophecies never happened. She claimed John Paul II would be around to witness the Warning. This never happened and yet she said it would....

I'd like to believe, but at this point I am skeptical.
I also have a close friend I grew up with who is now a Franciscan monk.
He told me to ignore all Marian prophecies, except Fatima and Lourdes, which the Church whole-heartedly deemed legit. The Franciscans are heavily into the veneration of the Blessed Mother, so I'll take his advice....Garabandal has too many loop-holes.

Don't sweat it.....we're all gonna die at some point. You could die in the fire of Chastisement or you could die in a simple house fire from an unattended candle...same difference.....death is death and it's not a barrel of monkeys. Just make sure your soul is always ready to meet your maker and you have nothing to worry about. Right?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It's great to hear that, mrsdudara. I'm also happy to hear that he was receptive to your spiritual gifts; so many people believe that the spiritual gifts Paul speaks of in First Corinthians went away within Paul's lifetime, though there's no scriptural evidence for this, and there is experiental evidence that they have not.

As to my own experiences with baptism, my parents had me baptized as an infant, but at the age of 25 I was baptized again, making my formal declaration to the world that I follow Christ, that I am clensed in His name. Though I was baptized as a child, God put on my heart the need to do so as an adult, knowing I was making that decision.

Glad to hear it all worked out

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Thank you all for your support. I really appreciate it.

As for the Garabandal prophecies, you are right, they do have a lot of loop holes. There are two parts of it though, that are very real for me. When I was a child I drempt of the cross in the sky. I had spent the whole night before praying, asking God what sign he was talking about, how would I know when it was "time". I had total undoubted faith that he would answer me. That night I saw in my dream a light in the sky, it was like all the stars came together to form the sign of the cross. I was told in my dream that, that was the sign we would see that would let us know that he was comming. The next day I was so excited and almost in disbelief that I had been answered (I was only about 7 at the time). That night I prayed and asked "if that was for real, will you give me the dream again". Instead of having that dream again, I was told that I should never question God. That if I asked with undoubted faith that I would recieve an answer, he would answer. That is his promise. However, I was not to question or doubt any answer that God gave me. I was to feel blessed and praise God for giving it to me.

The other one was when I saw a thing like fire, but it was not fire, it was like a red glowing cloud, clear, with static lightning inside of it comming from between two hills with mountains near. There were some people running around in hysterics scared out of their mind. The angel next to me told me not to worry about them that they would be ok. He said these things had to happen in order to go back to the way it was supposed to be. That things were going to get a lot worse before they got better. When I was looking up info about the Garabandal prophecies, I saw a photo of Garabandal itself. That was the same scene from my dream. Kind of took me off guard.

Anyway those were the only things that I had in common with the Garabandal prophecies. The rest as you said have "loop holes" in them. However, who am I to judge. All I know is I am supposed to talk about what I see, here, and know. It is not for me to explain. One thing I have learned is that there are a lot of prophecies and dreams that are not ment to be understood when they are recieved, but when certin events take place. So it might mean one thing to those little girls at the time, and something totaly different when they are women.

I also told him about the dream my boys had about meeting Jesus. He thought that was wonderful.

I do not know when the changes are going to take place, but why would I have those dreams and why would my children have those dreams if it was not going to be in our lifetime. Judging from by boys' dream, it will happen while they are still young. The way everything was explained to them was for a child, not an adult. So that they would not have fear when the time came.

zero, of all things in this world, death is the one thing we should not fear. It is a wonderful thing, especially when it is at the right time. I do not fear death, I do however fear my children being left with out a mother. For that reason I pray that God will keep me with them as long as they need me.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
I do not know when the changes are going to take place, but why would I have those dreams and why would my children have those dreams if it was not going to be in our lifetime. Judging from by boys' dream, it will happen while they are still young. The way everything was explained to them was for a child, not an adult. So that they would not have fear when the time came.

Why did John have his Revelation if it wasn't to happen in his lifetime? He was told to tell people so they would know what was coming in future generations. It could be that this will take place in our time, but you, too, were told to tell people.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Good point.

John's revelations were ment to be written in the bible for people to read through out time. Maybe that is why he had his. Maybe what I see is to be passed down for another generation. I wish I knew for sure. The only reason I think it will be while my children are still young is because of their "dream". It is kind of hard to call it a dream when it was so much more. In their dream, Jesus explained everything to them so that they would not be scared. My 7 year old came upstairs that morning and told me about the "coolest dream ever" he had. He was on his way to Uncle Georges (my uncle who owns a farm a couple hours away from here) and we saw Jesus, so we went to him instead. He said there were people from all over comming to him. He said Jesus was soo nice. He gave him and his brother a drink of this stuff that looked like chocolate milk, but was "so not chocolate milk, it tasted icky", so that they could have bodies like him and go see heaven. He said Jesus showed him around and it was so neat. He said dogs really do go to heaven. Jesus showed him where Max was. I asked him how big Jesus was. He said he was bigger than any giant, and taller than the tallest building ever. I had goose bumps, and was speechless so I told him that I thought that WAS the coolest dream ever. He went to the bathroom and my oldest came upstairs (keep in mind he was sleeping through this, and there was no way he heard our conversation). He said MOM I had the coolest dream ever last night, we were on our way to Uncle Georges and.....hu I cant remember, that was when his brother came in and said "duh (his name) you were with me remember", and he said OH Yea, Jesus showed us heaven....it was so cool.

Now why would they have that "dream", the same dream on the same night, and clearly remember being together. Not to mention seeing people from all over comming to him, if something was not going to happen in their life time? Maybe it is a story to pass down to another generation. With mine, I could understand how it could be. With theirs though.....I just cant think of anything else.

Oh yea, and after I told my priest about this he kind of chuckeled and said my boys learned enough from that dream that they should be teaching. He chuckeled again and said, if we wanted to bring them up tonight he would baptise them. Just when ever I can get them up there.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by mrsdudara]

[edit on 12-4-2006 by mrsdudara]

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
When I was a child I drempt of the cross in the sky. I had spent the whole night before praying, asking God what sign he was talking about, how would I know when it was "time". I had total undoubted faith that he would answer me. That night I saw in my dream a light in the sky, it was like all the stars came together to form the sign of the cross. I was told in my dream that, that was the sign we would see that would let us know that he was comming.

hmm there was just a post of someone dreaming of a cross:
www.belowtopsecret.com...'
!?

funny how i happend to find your thread. Your dream ability is interesting.

new topics

top topics

join