It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perpetual Motion! Electrical Power from Nothing!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
"Electric power is everywhere present in unlimited quantities and can drive the world's machinery without the need of coal, oil, gas, or any other of the common fuels."

Nikola Tesla

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A little less than 100 years ago a man invented a way to obtain electrical power from
a box that was not connected to external power sources. 50 kilowatts of electrical power, in fact.

The man demonstrated the device to reputed scientists, engineers and congressmen, but was never to get the funding he required to turn this box into a large scale research project.

This man was Thomas H. Moray, of Salt Lake City; and in the 1920’s he designed and developed a 25 kilogram device that extracted electricity from the metafrequency oscillations of vacuum. Moray also developed the transistor long before the Bell patent, but it appears his applications for a copyright, both for the transistor and the energy producing box, were ‘lost’ by the U.S. Patent Office.

As you could imagine, the amount of skeptism he received when he announced to the world that it was possible to extract electricity from quite literally nothing was enormous, and as such Moray allowed engineers to disassemble his box, and then assemble it again to view that it still worked, that there were no hidden power sources, to show that he was indeed sincere. He even took it out into the country – away from any sort of power source – and switched it on, to demonstrate that it would still work, and that there were no wireless forms of energy feeding his box that were housed in his lab.

In all tests, he was successful in demonstrating that the device could produce energy output without any appreciable energy input. According to exhaustive documentation, no one was ever able to prove that the device was fraudulent or that Moray had not accomplished exactly what he claimed. On the other hand, the records are full of signed statements from physicists, electrical engineers, and scientists who came to the Moray laboratory as doubting Thomases and left with the complete conviction that Moray had indeed succeeded in tapping a universal source of energy that could produce free electrical power.

Moray admired Telsa as a boy, and as such followed a career in electrical engineering. His box, in which highly energetic cosmic rays [zero-point energy in modern terms] from vacuum are tapped by the machine, which is in sub-harmonic resonance with this high-frequency energy level; and it converts this energy level into the usable form of electricity. The amounts of money he spent on his box were vast, as the box was enormously complicated, i.e.:

Moray had made the first germanium transistor, an amorphous pellet of multiple, finely powdered ingredients, sintered under heat and pressure to lock-in stress, and containing minute interfaces (very tiny built-in cracks) which acted as tiny scalar EM interferometers. Over the years Moray had painstakingly constructed 29 special tubes, each comprised of a blown quartz envelope containing several (usually three) of his transistor pellets. Only one in 300 of Moray's tubes would work, and thousands had been built to obtain the 29 good ones used in Moray's radiant energy amplifier.

He spent a mammoth amount of time and money on this project, only to have it shunned away by the people that could really give this amazing technology the essential boost it needed. The story from here involves Soviet Spies, WWII, stolen nuclear secrets, and weather altering devices, but that is a different tale.

The fact is, this initial box was destroyed, and Moray was never able to accumulate enough funds to construct another working prototype, and thus this amazing and incredible invention was relegated to the fringes of scientific studies, largely ignored by the mainstream until relatively recently.

Box in operation, connected to light board and hotplate:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

In one experiment Moray ran his device for 157 hours without any connection to external power sources [snip]. He also found that an additional fifty kilowatts could be added by simply providing another tap further back in the circuit. [snip] During this test nothing in the machine heated up; instead, all parts of the circuit ran absolutely cold. This alone is totally unexplainable by ordinary electromagnetic theory, and it strongly implies the truth of Moray's assertion that the device simply collects the energy in each of its stages in a subharmonically resonant manner, in synchronization with the extremely high frequency cosmic oscillations. In other words, since the parts of the machine ran cold, it is clear that the energy was being simultaneously collected at each stage rather than being processed through the individual stages in serial order, since serial processing in the conventional electrical sense would lead to resistance heating of the circuit elements.

Your average fission reactor produces between 40 to 2000 megaWatts of electricity. You would need 50, 000 of Moray’s devices to equal an output of 2000 MWe – but please remember we are talking about a device that was developed in the 1920’s. If you were to ask someone from that time about the planet Pluto, their reply would be along the lines of “Pluto? A ninth planet? What on earth are you talking about?”

Also, think about the size of the transistors. He actually made them!

This is a scale representation of the transistors inside your computer at this very moment (imagine making one in your lab):

Bell Labs have developed transistors one millionth the size of a grain of sand. One millionth the size. Vastly smaller than the one pictured above. Instead of a 29 stage electromagnetic device, you could have a 4 billion stage one!

This is basis behind the machine, I believe:

Explanation here, if you actually want to understand this (I tried/failed):
Cheniere.org

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I believe that this machine could be made vastly more efficient with today’s computer aided design and technology. This device would do away with nuclear waste – I hope we can all see the promise in that – and would totally eliminate the chances of meltdowns and other radioactive matter releasing accidents, and would be almost infinitely cheaper than its atomic ‘rival,’ if you will. Health and economics. A quick fix to both! And no strings attached, Mr. Bodman!

But where is this technology? Where, may I ask? Free, cheap, safe, clean energy that could provide much more than the measly 17 per cent nuclear reactors are providing the world’s power grids with today. Well, I’ll leave that answer up to you. But in the meantime, think about the tens of thousands of billions of dollars involved in the oil, petroleum and uranium industries, and then think about what sort of impact this device would have on those markets.

Of course, I am not advocating that this could or should be the only source of energy in the future. Wind, thermal, tidal and wave power are extremely viable options at this time. There is an Australian project going on that “mixes solar energy, heat and natural gas,” and which can supply all of the continents energy needs by 2020. Or take the General Electric 3.6sl offshore wind turbine. It has an output of 3.6 MEGAWATTS at 14 m/s wind speed. And yet, people are complaining that these turbines are ‘eyesores.’ Eyesores! I’ll give you eyesores! Imagine this planet in just 1, 000 years if we continue down the dreadful path we are on now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I said before that this technology has been on the fringe ever since the 20’s. But being on the fringe does not mean that it has not been developed since then. Moray’s two sons have worked and improved on the machinery, and there are hundreds of scientists now in on the technology, some developing their own machines. Do a Google Search and see what that turns up.

Free energy is no longer a dormant subject.

LINKS THAT YOU POSITIVELY MUST VISIT

• Website devoted to the “generation and production of radiant energy”: Nuenergy.org

• Nice summary and good for further research (you can find anything on totse): Totse.com

• Have a look at the url, and take a guess: Free-Energy.cc

• An excellent source that covers a few of the books that have been published on radiant energy: Cheniere.org

• Site that covers around 40 books on the subject: Freeenergynews.com

• Aussie CSIRO power project: Abc.net.au/news

• Definitely worth a visit! (not just topics on free energy here): Cheniere.org

• Patent for machine that produces 100 times more energy than is input: Cheniere.org

External Source #1: 100777.com...

External Source #2: www.cheniere.org...

External Source #3: www.nuenergy.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.cheniere.org...

www.cheniere.org...

www.wired.com...

www.phact.org...

www.amasci.com...

www.amazing1.com...

www.thelivingweb.net...

freeenergynews.com...

www.nuenergy.org...

www.wanttoknow.info...

I’m not sure if what this machine produces could be called perpetual motion, but it is damnwell close! This topic needs to get out, and that was a nice title.
If you find anything wrong with what I have written here - I have no education in the areas of electrical engineering - you are welcome to point out my mistake or U2U me. I have not manipulated the facts to make this invention sound better. Any mistake is accidental.

edit: I apologise profusely for the troubles I am having with the code. thats 30 edits so far, and counting.

[edit on 12/4/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

Mod edit: title

[edit on 12-4-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
First off isn't it Tesla, as in Nikola Tesla.

Second off, do you think our government(or any other for that matter) would want its citizens to have "free power" since the cost Im sure would be next to nothing? With "free power" the masses would become lazier for sure and the govt. doesnt want that.

Third, think about the military implications of this invention, for our military's sake this technology would be best out of the public's eye.

Personally, I agree with you, I think that technology can and does exist, the question is then are the masses ready for it and is the government ready to give it to the masses.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Low Orbit]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Excellent post, watch_the_rocks. I had not heard of Thomas Moray before, and this subject is certainly very intriguing.

Low Orbit: What the government wants of its citizens should be irrelevant. We're independent people, we can think and decide for ourselves. And I'm not sure how free energy would make everyone become lazier. It does, however, make people more independent. Also, I think you're wrong about the government not wanting the masses to become lazy. They certainly do. A lazy, complacent group of people is less likely to question anything they do.

The bottom line is, if this can be made, it should be, and it should be made available to the public.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think this is a load of BS. Vacuum Energy is the new Dark Matter... which is itself just the new "Silver Tablet (cures everything!)".

Vacuum Energy, in the true sense of the word, is the overall repulsive force of a vacuum. It doesn't come into effect at the size of a box... doesn't even come into effect at the size of galaxies... or even clusters or superclusters of galaxies. It come into effect for the space inbetween them.

This is "Dark Energy" because, since it's so small, it's undectable.

I think even Dark Energy is wrong - I don't think the theories on that are even right - and that the case of "missing energy" is actually either something else, or is (more likely) a problem of the maths people are using and forgetting to take the differences in time in such large areas into account (time doesn't "progress" the same at all points in the universe, depending on how close you are to sources of mass... huge empty areas of space will actually expand faster than filled areas of space because the universe is expanding naturally, but the filled areas will expand slower because time is moving slower... which gives the illusion that the empty areas are expanding faster... and as the expansion progresses, the dialations will only increase, giving the illusion of an accelerating expansion).

Now, back to Vacuum Energy, people are using it in all their far-fetched theories, because it's a theory that no one really knows anything about, and so any BS they toss at people is pretty much readily accepted.

Infinite, and free, energy does NOT exist in nature. There are ways of changing energy from one type into another, but energy is always lost as heat, kinetics, sound, or something - and the source of the energy will always be diminished.

Here's a few tips to remember the game of Thermodynamics:
1. You have to play the game (every action has energy)
2. However, you can't win at the game (every action has an equal and opposite reaction, so you never get "more" energy on one side than the other)
3. Heck, you can't even break even - except on a very cold day (every time an action is performed, some energy is lost to an outside source, such as heat - the exception is at absolute zero, where the mass has no energy to lose, and so nothing would be lost to an outside source)
4. But it never gets that cold. (remember, every action has energy - and so no actions can happen at absolute zero without something giving them energy to do that action)

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
A lazy, complacent group of people is less likely to question anything they do.
Unless instead of a lazy class you have a busy working class that doesn't have time/energy to investigate.

The bottom line is, if this can be made, it should be, and it should be made available to the public.

I agree.

I have to disagree with the above post too. The stuff we know the least about might be the best stuff to speculate about. I see it as kind of intelletual/bs mining. You throw a lot of ideas out there and see if any eventually stick.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   

However, you can't win at the game (every action has an equal and opposite reaction, so you never get "more" energy on one side than the other)

That is the amazing thing about this device. You do get more energy than what you put in, and I believe the input is a wire that you attach to the rafters, but I cannot be sure. There is a distict lack of info on this.

The thing is, there is so much humans don't understand, we just find it totally implausible when something contradicting our beliefs comes along.

Of course, perhaps this machine is sapping away a vital building block of the exceptionally delicate space/time relationship, and when one is turned on and totals 200 hours straight, the universe just implodes. I mean, we have no idea.

But open your mind! Consider this! Research this!

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Where there's smoke, there is fire. i've got to admit i'va always been very sceptical about alledged perpetuum mobiles, but honestly, all that's required is a unknown energy field to tap into, and who could rule that out?!

So, the main question now is how can the establishment control this tech??? don't get me wrong, i don't KNOW for sure, but it seems as if there was a way to locate operating 'vacuum energy' devices - would explain why it keeps coming back but never for long, wouldn't it?

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
Second off, do you think our government(or any other for that matter) would want its citizens to have "free power" since the cost Im sure would be next to nothing? With "free power" the masses would become lazier for sure and the govt. doesnt want that.

Actually, it was Moray's assistant who destroyed the device because he was angry with Moray for not selling it to corporate entities. Moray feared that selling the technology to a corporation would enable it to be misused, but it appears his assistant either disagreed or didn't care wanting the cash that would result from such an invention.

When he presented it to Bell Labs, no one could discover any evidence that it was a hoax, but no one could figure out how it works, either. There was a lot of skepticism surrounding the technology, so the money wasn't flowing in. It was shortly after that his assistant destroyed the device.

Could it have been a fraud? Sure. It's possible he developed a technology we're only coming to understand today (though Tesla, I believe, wrote about this), generating electricity remotely through microwaves. If such were the case, the Bell Labs scientists would never think to look for a wireless energy source in trying to understand the technology.

Could it be legit? It seems far-fetched, but as atomic bombs have shown us, there are massive amounts of energy around us that we currently don't and can't tap into.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
As I understand it, Moray's radiant energy device used a horizontal wire antenna (~50ft I believe) that was suspended over the ground about 30ft high. The height is allegedly important because it needs to be some multiple of a particular wavelength to work. The device (which was very complex) was 'primed' by exciting a coil with a permanent magnet and then tuned.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
As I understand it, Moray's radiant energy device used a horizontal wire antenna (~50ft I believe) that was suspended over the ground about 30ft high. The height is allegedly important because it needs to be some multiple of a particular wavelength to work. The device (which was very complex) was 'primed' by exciting a coil with a permanent magnet and then tuned.

I found this link about Moray through google, take a look, there is a lot there!

google

[edit on 14-4-2006 by Low Orbit]

MOD EDIT: Fixing long/broken link

[edit on 4/14/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It would be cool it worked and would change society IMOP. Knowing that, and with the lure of being financially secure forever, don't you think someone, somewhere that knows more about this that we do would have recreated one by now?

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
no, because the person that could probably do that wouldn't have a clue on where to find the funds needed to back him/her up.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
hmmm... i've definitely heard of this man and his invention. although i'm certainly no scientist, i've seen some very,very compelling evidence/documents about it. i think it's definitely worth investigating. maybe even a research project...

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ka47
hmmm... i've definitely heard of this man and his invention. although i'm certainly no scientist, i've seen some very,very compelling evidence/documents about it. i think it's definitely worth investigating. maybe even a research project...

KA could you list your sources or documents on here, got any links.

A research project could be fun!

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
unfortunately, i haven't got any handy at the moment.but i know i've seen news reports and government docs about it. i'll try to dig them up...

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I've researched Moray also, there isn't much info out there. I believe that 90% of the info about his machine died with him. Unless someone comes up with some hidden docs.....

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think you are wrong with the transistor thing or maybe I didnt understood.
Are you saying he built one of those "transistors one millionth the size of a grain of sand"? cause that would be impossible without making a normal transistor first (maybe you meant this).
Also, when talking about "transistors one millionth the size of a grain of sand", its not like Bell labs developed them individually (then again, I dont know if you meant this) but they are "inside" an integrated circuit.
Besides of this, great, great post.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I think he meant that Moray built a transistor (without mentioning size). And Bell Labs builds them one millionth the size of a grain of sand.
(correct me if I'm wrong)
But I'm just speculating also....

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Great post, watch_the_rocks!

Yes, I think he does mean that Moray was actually able to build these resistors, so they must have been very large, while today we can make ones the size of one millionth of a grain of sand.

And I went through the links at the bottom. Found them all very interesting. This definitely warrants further investigation.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Horology and perpetual motion has been interspersed since the 1600's.
They use barometric pressure among other climactic issues.
Reminds me of the old owls and the witch which work on baromater readings. When it is lowpressure, the witch will come out of the house and vice versa when it is high pressure.
Hope you find this link interesting..

www.lhup.edu...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join