It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Saddam is not Convicted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hypothetical situation, if it has already been discussed feel free to close me down, When Saddams trial concludes, what would the ramifications be if he is found Not Guilty. Seems to be far fetched in my mind, but I mean OJ and MJ so I guess you never really know.

Would he retain power? I doubt it, but what a slap in the face that would be to the Americans if the Iraq judicial system did not put him away.

Anyone have any thoughts on this and what the outcome would be if this scenario were to play out.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It is extremely unlikely that Saddam will escape the grip of this kangaroo court. Since Iraq was invaded by our "brave" invaders; the country has disintegrated into different ethnic religious zones. Therefore even calling the court an "Iraqi Court" is something reminiscent of Saddam's times.

But Saddam will be found guilty; the trial is a farce. And when he is, his "crimes" will go punished unlike those of many other international leaders.

The people of Iraq would still be better of with him as before the sanctions Iraq had first world living standards. It is our actions which enforced those unnecessarily cruel sanctions for too long, and it is our actions which brought about this regime change (and the many problems it has entailed).
The court will (but shouldn't) convict him of genocide. Kurdish tribal leaders were accepting Iranian bribes at the time (the height of the Iraq-Iran war) (a war in which we sold arms to both sides). Therefore even assuming it was Iraqi and not accidentally deployed Iranian gas that killed a "gigantically massive 5000” Kurds their leaders were still guilty of treason. Like all treason this treason was chosen and although all war is messy it cannot be compared with genocide. And this war was not chosen as if it hadn’t been for the bribing of the Kurds then the war would not have happened.

If Saddam wasn't convicted they would try him at the U.N, and if they failed there then there would be public outrage, ether at the justice system or our politically corrupt media, and all that goes with it.

new topics

join