It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheers, boos as Cheney opens U.S. baseball game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
So urce

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A loud mixture of cheers and boos greeted Vice President Dick Cheney on Tuesday as he threw out the ceremonial first pitch at the Washington Nationals baseball game.

Cheney, wearing a red Nationals warmup jacket, tossed a pitch that reached Nationals catcher Brian Schneider on one bounce.

The vice president, whose popularity is slumping along with that of President Bush, walked out on the field to cheering and booing from the near-sellout crowd. The boos appeared to be little louder than the cheers at RFK Memorial Stadium.

I wonder how it feels to be unpopular.....

:shk:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
More importantly he skipped the damn ball. He should of been lynched for that. Its 60 damn feet! I would of booed him too.

Im not a Yankees fan, but if you throw the opening pitch there and skip it, you have every fan in attendance on your back.

Rightfully so!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
LOL, i wonder if he used his "trigger" hand.....

He's less popular than Bush, and should stay away of public displays,imo.

:w:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I heard there was a person behind him and he almost beaned him with the baseball thinking he was a bird.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm tired of politicians who can't throw or catch. It's either Kerry trying to catch a football looking like a toddler or Cheney throwing like Alice. It's freakin' embarrassing!!!!

C'mon folks, catch the football out in front of you with your hands like a man, and snap those wrists when you throw a baseball.

Peace

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Dubya deserves his credit on this one. When he tossed the opening pitch in the Series just after 9/11 he did pump a strike down the middle. I never really have too much good to say about ol Dubya, but he gets the
from chissler on this one.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Yeah, I agree chiss, Dubya's got a little game. He did own a baseball team afterall.

If I'm ever in office I'm throwin' heat. I don't care if it sails over the catcher's head, I'm throwin' chin music.

Peace

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Yeah, I agree chiss, Dubya's got a little game. He did own a baseball team afterall.

If I'm ever in office I'm throwin' heat. I don't care if it sails over the catcher's head, I'm throwin' chin music.

Peace

I can see you on the mound now, demanding whoevers swinging in the four spot to get up. Dust em back with alittle chin music and then flip the 40,000+ in attendence.

Que the bad ass song in the background as I walk to the dugout and kick over the gatorade cooler on my way out.

Ladies and Gentleman, Say goodnight to the Love Doctor!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Que the bad ass song in the background...

Damn chiss, I didn't even think about that......good call. I would have them play Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue as I walked out to the mound. The crowd would be deafening and it would definitely help my re-election chances.

Peace

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
And do the Angus Scott strut from the mound to the dugout doing a mad ass air guitar.

I could see me paying to see that.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I wonder how it feels to be unpopular.....

:shk:

...ohh after about 35 years, you kinda get used to it. [which means I'm reallyREALLY used to it]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
yeahright

You've only become unpopular with me because you changed your avatar away from the dude who wanted his stapler back.

Peace

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
HA! Ol' Milton will be back. I've got him saved. I ran across that Lee Marvin/Liberty Valence image and it just spoke to me. (not literally, but you know...)

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Milton!

I work in an office just like on Office Space and I sit next to a guy that is just like Milton. Myself and the other guys around me actually call him Milton when hes not around. Cruel but funny.

We sometimes ask him if he has seen his stapler, he doesn't seem to know what were talking about.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Ohh, he knows. Just wait'll he doesn't get any birthday cake and he burns the place down.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have nothing to add except that you guys are killing me.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yeah this one seems to have taken a left turn and went alittle off topic.

Cheney who?

new topics

top topics

join