It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard telescope looking for aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   

BOSTON, Massachusetts (Reuters) -- A Massachusetts observatory unveiled a powerful new telescope on Tuesday designed to capture possible light signals transmitted to Earth by extraterrestrials.

edition.cnn.com...

maybe now we have some progress in the search in ET's , we were to busy with a spectrum were I didn't believe we can or shal find ET signals, finally we go to light.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I posted about the same thing at almost the same time. Interesting stuff isn't it?

Back in February I posted the idea as a theory and got very few replies. Maybe with Harvard behind it we'll get a few more replies.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I've long thought that Aliens may not be using radio transmissions at all. Hence the silence so far. Maybe now we'll get some results. My fingers are crossed. If they do "hear" something, They will let us know, right??

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Those idiots at SETI, everyone seeing UFOs for the past 60 years and they are trying to HEAR them.

It's about time they get up to date. If they would have done this a long time ago they would have known that the world was not hallucinatinfg, or that mass hysteria was not taking over the people.

Seeing is beliving

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
www.planetary.org...

found a new link to the planetary society opening this telescope.
light goes much faster and can contain much more info.
depending on the way you use the light and which light.

if getting light in run it through a optical proc. into a basic prototype of a quantum Computer and see what info the light contains .

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Ha!!! Cabanman!

You're so right! Take a picture, it lasts longer.

new topics

top topics

join