It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On your Mark....Get set....WAR!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
www.caribbeannetnews.com...
US prepares to attack Venezuela

english.ohmynews.com...
US set to war with Iran

mostlywater.org...
US to send troops to Colombia

Us to bomb Syria
Us warns North Korea
Us to attack Hezbollah
US threatens Cuba
US to Russia and China "Back Off"
US tells France get with the program
US threatens ElBaradei and the UN
US to war with Sudan
US to launch missles at the moon
US to go to war with the Sun
US warns Jesus about using miracles
US to have word with God about Word of God

George Bush' "Uncle Sam don't play that"

No, but seriously, haven't these guys ever heard of imperial overstretch

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
your source about U.S preparing for War with Venezuela is just a letter to the editor.

i would think that a declaration like this would have some major news sources to back it up. can you present something more than just an opinon of a reader of the carribean news?

also your other news source about the u.s about to launch war with iran is called "oh my news" again, not to knock your efforts, but that doesn't sound like a very credible source and after reading the article it is more of a commentary that a news document containing strictly factual information.

i am simply asking you to take a second look at this because i am interested in the topic that you are presenting

kind regards,
digitalgrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
UGH!
can we talk about something else other than "america this and america that" for a group of people who keep saying we arent the center of the universe, we certainly are for most of you!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Xphilesphan said:

UGH! can we talk about something else other than "america this and america that" for a group of people who keep saying we arent the center of the universe, we certainly are for most of you!

That's because our news is full of the latest hideous things being done by the US and because most of our countries have US military bases in them.

Not that the US has an empire. OH no.

And DigitalGirl - you might care to check out the fact that in 2002 the US tried to foment a coup in Venezuela, which failed due to the people simply refusing to accept it. One example I like is that an army bugler was supposed to play for his 'new president' and refused, saying, that's not the guy who was voted in. He's not my president.

However, in the 24 hours that the coup lasted, one country in the world recognised the legitimacy of the government. Yup, the good ol' US, which has since steadfastly denied any connection with the plotters, despite video evidence that they attended meetings at the US embassy, despite the fact that they were in regular communication during their short-lived coup with a US warship off the coast of Venezuela... I think you should be getting the picture by now.

Latin America is starting to come out from under the US' thumb. I suspect that military intervention isn't far away - despite imperial overstretch - and that the first objective will be to portray Chavez and any other troublesome politicians as 'the Hitler of South America'.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
your source about U.S preparing for War with Venezuela is just a letter to the editor.

i would think that a declaration like this would have some major news sources to back it up. can you present something more than just an opinon of a reader of the carribean news?

also your other news source about the u.s about to launch war with iran is called "oh my news" again, not to knock your efforts, but that doesn't sound like a very credible source and after reading the article it is more of a commentary that a news document containing strictly factual information.

i am simply asking you to take a second look at this because i am interested in the topic that you are presenting

kind regards,
digitalgrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

I agree with you digital girl, there is no absolute proof, but off course the post is partly exaggerated because of the satire in it. This is not to say they may not come to blows. I believe the US most likely has a warplan for that country and there is evidence of a possible overt or covert aggression. Remeber that Bush declared that this was no longer a War on Terror and it is now the Long War, which is to last 30 years. Remeber these guys visited Nejad. But also we need to think about the constant possibilities and what would happen if our military fought all these wars. No nation in history has ever defeated all of its enemies, yet this government is acting like it has zero limits. Of course whether these actions are righteous or not is a whole different debate. It may be time for us as human beings to side with humanity and not governments.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well it looks like the only country that you aren't going to war with is the UK.
Hmmm I wonder why that is?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I get the posters point...(and sarcasm)

The USA is perhaps the greatest Nation in the World...
but that doesn't mean we are frikin jesus...

We might like to threaten this, and threaten that... but in the end, it is a numbers game, and the numbers dont match...

War in Iraq- going badly, no easy way out
War on Drugs- Might have half a chance if they focused on drugs that dont grow in the wild...
War on terror- Hows that going again? kinda like the war on drugs..
war on Poverty: we seem to be losing, and we are only fighting ourself

war on iran? well, we will cheer Israel from the sidelines, Okie dokey...

The USA's reputation is directly affected everytime our beloved leader opens his mouth... does he really know how few soldiers we have left to use?

Its time to pick your battles Mr Bush... I mean Cheney...

[edit on 12-4-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The base on Curacao is the FOL base. The U.S. has a contract with the kingdom of the Netherlands for the base there in the war on drugs. Nothing more till now.

The CIA is in charge of other stuff like the failed coup on Chavez a few years ago.

new topics

top topics

join