It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are religion and politics inseperable?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
So i was in class today and my professor brought up an interesting topic for analysis that i was wondering how all you guys thought about this.

Basically the thesis statment of this topic (this was an english class) is that

due to the current political climate in america religion and politics are now inseperable.

i agree with this partially. it seems with the increasingly opening dialogue on controversial issues such as abortion, homosexuality, the right to die, stem cell research, etc...that it is almost hard for religious perspectives not to be involved due to politics moving into moral issues.

anyways, how do you guys feel about that thesis statement? do you agree or disagree with that assessment?

Kind Regards,
Digitalgrl

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
A simple answer (on 3 hours of sleep, that's all you're getting right now
) is no, they are not insperable. None of the issues you spoke of need to be nor should be a religious debate in the arena of American politics. I am a very firm believer in a strict line between church and state, and by allowing these issues to be "framed" in such a way takes away from honest political discussion. We are supposed to be a land of the free, and that includes from religion. When the gov begins to rely on religion and its leaders/followers, there is a big problem. Much of the world is shocked at all the talk of religion in American politics, because they do not allow or tolerate such a thing. I'm always amazed that people seem to honestly believe that just because something is allowed but against their "beliefs" it somehow effects them...ultimately it doesn't. It's very easy...don't do or participate in those things you find offensive. That's the beauty of freedom...you can choose NOT to do things, too.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Simple, have there been or is there likely to be an atheist president?

In truth it's a triangle as your lecturer forgot to mention corporations.

IMO

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I havn't read anyone elses replys, but i tought i'd just say this.
In "Most" countrys western or eastern have leaders and partys that fall into a paticular religious groups. Bush yes, Blair..Kind of... All over the middle east.
But in New Zealand our PM is basicly said she dosent belive in God and its worked well for her. So we have gay marriges, abortions, legalised prostitution low drinking age (18) and from what i know most places are somthing like 21?? i think.
Anyway basicly people who vote for these exreme right wingers get what they want... especialy in america.... and brittian... you guys still say things like.. God bless america,, or God save the queen,,,,....
Over here all we say is ....God damn its been a long day.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Good to see you again. Hope all is well at your house.

I will try to make this brief as I must make haste to shove off to work.

Religion and politics are not seperable.

Politics is in fact a religion. This has become quite obvious to many of us by the fervor and zealousness by which politics is carried out today and the constant irritating bombardment by which the various partys try to seduce the public over to their positions for votes. THey seldom deliver on their promises but do alot of posturing and plotting to get things thier way.

Politics being a religion is a concept that you will never find in any school class...why ..becasue politics pays for most of public education. They are not going to tell on themselves. Put light on themselves.

You also need to know that much of the rules for politics are unwritten. Undefined ..there is a public face and a face often used in private..in back rooms.where plots and strategy is worked out. This is where the public seldome is able to see..though they are often subject to its results. This is hidden from the public...concealed...
THe term for this type of religion and concealment is "Occult" Hidden..esoteric..known only to a select few. This is the true nature of the body politic. One could also use the term Chameleon. To appear to be something it is not.

The key is in understanding that politics is a buisness..first ..about the various partys..not necessarily the public but the party..first. This is not what is advertised.
Another way of looking at the "Occult Concealed..Esoteric " side of politics..is... How many buisnesses do you know who can promise a product and not deliver and still stay in buisness???
Any legitimate buisness that did not deliver the product advertised would soon find itself out of buisness to a company that could deliver the product advertised. Not so with the body politic....we keep ignorantly pulling levers in voting booths and never think of it from this angle. Neither do the partys speak of this...they are not in the buisness of shining light on their failures.

Politics is one of the few buisnesses where you can steal someones labor/laurls/accolades as your own...transfer blame from the sidelines for failures..without anyone looking to closely at you.. and of course never deliver the product advertised.
One more thing..you can do all this out of the public purse while mostly remaining unseen...by a very ignorant public whom you have financed to be educated in ignorance....and emotions..not thinking.

Watch closely what is happening here in America for the votes of illegal aliens out in the south west..as the politicians fall all over themselves in giveaways...at the public purse..to keep power by seducing votes. Showing and explaining only one side of this Occult religion they are practicing..whoring out the bulk of the American public..to thier system of seduction. Hidden , occult , esoteric, and totally against the will of the public they claim to be representing. This is a religion ...its called politics..the correct nature of this system of religion is occult..Paganism, Another word for it is Whoredom. THey will steal the soul of a nation to maintain thier power. This is what whoredom/politics does.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Orangetom, always spells it out with wonderful clarity.

About the only thing I would like to add is that religion is usually more political than spiritual. Just more whoredom and control mechanisms in disguise.

Its a brave new world!

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
THanks for your post Whaaa.

I would like to add...that though it is seldom taught in this manner...religion is the ulitimate political power...always has been and always will be. This is historically demonstratable...over and over and over..from the records of history itself.

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

join