It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of UFO over Death Valley

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Just posted on C2C tonight.

What is it? First glance looks like something real, to me.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Yeah saw that one, is a good pic for sure. Is it one of ours or one of their's is the question?

Looks kinda lame standing there with a vid camera posing for a picture though.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
There is like 2 or 3 spikes sticking out on the bottom at like a 20deg angle from the bottom of whatever it is \ \ looks wierd.

Pie

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Seagull.

Actually, who knows? No, it doesn't look faked. What would be the point, anyway? It's not like this dude is gonna get famous or a lot of money for it. Looks like a good, ol' fashioned flying saucer, but hey. So what? Another photo to add to the pile.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The craft looks like its over the next valley, Panamint. Just to the west. Panamint Valley has a lot of military aircraft from China Lake.

I'd like to think its real.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert rat
The craft looks like its over the next valley, Panamint. Just to the west. Panamint Valley has a lot of military aircraft from China Lake.

The craft you're seeing is what we in the "biz" like to refer to as an F-18 Hornet. Say it with me now... Eff, ayteen, Horrrrnnnettttt.

If you look closely at the picture, you can see wings and the rudders on the top. Granted the image is blurred, but whoever took the picture was focusing on the person, not the airplane behind it. Give me a break people.

China Lake NAWCWD (The WD being the opperative words there...WD-Weapons Division) does missile and other weapons testing. That's it. Unless the aliens need to use China Lake as a firing/bombing range, you're out of luck on the UFO part.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Hm.. i'm not sure it's fake.
But.. isn't it coinsidence that the dude is standing there in the middle and the UFO just roght above him (and a couple of miles behind him)
And if you look at the fat dude, and the enviroment..
It actually does seem a little photoshopped. I think he maybe is copied and pasted in the photo..
God i hate photoshop.
But maybe it even IS true. i atleast hope so..

- MB

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
F-18 ? tail ? wings ?
I was skeptic at first and i thouhgt, damn, this guy must be smoking some good grass.

But then i looked closely and it looks like an airplane. Maybe those spikes from few coments above is just the landing gear ?

Anyway from that zoomed image it could be almost anything we want, even a seagull.....

[edit on 1/5/06 by Krpano]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mlindahl
The craft you're seeing is what we in the "biz" like to refer to as an F-18 Hornet. Say it with me now... Eff, ayteen, Horrrrnnnettttt.

If you look closely at the picture, you can see wings and the rudders on the top. Granted the image is blurred, but whoever took the picture was focusing on the person, not the airplane behind it. Give me a break people.

China Lake NAWCWD (The WD being the opperative words there...WD-Weapons Division) does missile and other weapons testing. That's it. Unless the aliens need to use China Lake as a firing/bombing range, you're out of luck on the UFO part.

It doesnt look like an F18 at all to me. Size doesnt seem right. Nor do I see any wings or tail or anything...

Unless its a sonic bang from an F18 going straight up or straight down, with the F18 hidden inside the cloud. Yeah, that's seems... plausible...

[edit on 1-5-2006 by merka]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krpano
F-18 ? tail ? wings ?
I was skeptic at first and i thouhgt, damn, this guy must be smoking some good grass.

But then i looked closely and it looks like an airplane. Maybe those spikes from few coments above is just the landing gear ?

Anyway from that zoomed image it could be almost anything we want, even a seagull.....

[edit on 1/5/06 by Krpano]

Don't laugh as it probably is just a bird. It's out of focus so there is no way to tell for sure, and zooming in ot it just makes it worse. I say just a bird is all.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka

It doesnt look like an F18 at all to me. Size doesnt seem right. Nor do I see any wings or tail or anything...

Unless its a sonic bang from an F18 going straight up or straight down, with the F18 hidden inside the cloud. Yeah, that's seems... plausible...

[edit on 1-5-2006 by merka]

Sonic boom? Is that what you mean? I've never heard of a Sonic Bang. But anyway, what would that have anything to do with it anyway? You don't see sonic booms unless you're right above the ocean. You only hear them...especially out at China Lake.

Size doesn't matter at all either. The plane could be a million miles away, which would explain it being so small. It could be have a high AoA, low AoA, etc. It could be flying upside down for all we know. There are no UFO's. Sorry to burst your bubbles.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert rat

I'm going to vote on the above reply. And suggest the F-117.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well, depending on the timeframe of the picture...the F-117 doesn't fly anymore. They've done all of their testing that they've needed to at China Lake.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
No, offense, but you folks who are seeing conventional aircraft in this mush are as nutty as the people who are seeing roman script on Mars rocks. I don't see any indication of wings or tails. And certainly not enough detail to tell one fighter aircraft from another. The image looks enough like the seagull image previously discussed to make that a more credible debunking. Otherwise, it looks a lot like some kind of flying saucer. If you can diagram it out so that it makes more sense as an F-18, you're a better artist than me.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mlindahlThere are no UFO's. Sorry to burst your bubbles.

And when you see an object flitting about the sky that you can't identify just what would you call it?
Unidentified, flying, object........hmm.
The photo just isn't clear enough to reach any conclusions but the area is a known test area so it's likely an earthly craft.
Without more info though it's hard to say.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The picture was probably taken with a digital camera. Can we please not forget about shutter speeds? With an AIRPLANE flying at a high rate of speed, you will get bluriness, not to mention the fact that it's probably 3-4 miles away. Back to my original posting of the person who took the picture was focusing on the person, not the "UFO" in the background.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Well, depending on the timeframe of the picture...the F-117 doesn't fly anymore. They've done all of their testing that they've needed to at China Lake.

Yes, true, I was thinking maybe still one around for airshow, etc, but timeframe not right. Well, and this was my first guess, actually, an upside down F-22. On the other hand, this F-22 is rather high in air for Panamint, as I've had the (mis)fortune to be buzzed by extremely low flying aircraft in area (as in, look there's a lone car on the highway, lets scare the poop out of the driver!). On the other hand, it could be an F-22 high over the area. And, yes, Mlindahl, makes a case for pix with camera and focus on person.
I'm the last person to discount the possibility of alien craft, but I remember being shown a photo taken at night of four glowing objects, remarking ooh!, then turning the photo right side up to reveal lit gas burners on a stove. That was fun!

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Amen to that one. I was driving on what's called Garlock Road (which connects 395 and the 14 freeway, which goes through the valley where Edwards AFB essentially is), and all of a sudden there was an F-18 that literally had to have been 100-250ft. above me. It scared the living daylights out of me. They like to have fun too! What are you going to do...tell on them?

But yes, I do also believe it is a F-22 (or something) upside down. Once you get way beyond a focus range (especially for a digital camera) you wouldn't be able to see rudders.

top topics

join