It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTN: Heavy rock/Goth/pop/industrial fans!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Im putting together a new band and would like some feedback on my stuff, its my first attempt at songwriting, and am basically operating solo at the moment....any (constructive) feedback or comments would be greatly appreciated....

www.myspace.com/thesnakesofeden

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Wow! I'm currently listening to "Doomsday Baby" and I love it! I love dark/gothic music.

I'm in the same boat as you; writing/recording a CD and then hopefully putting together a band.

As far as your songwriting goes, I think you've nailed what you're after right on the head.

Just abit of advice:

What ever anybody says, do not give up. Stick to your guns and battle onwards.

I wish you the best of luck and keep up the good work!

[edit on 12-4-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Your first attempt you say? Not bad at all. It's not my thing, but it has real promise.

Honestly though, there appears to be a significant amount of 'empty space' within the songs, which is fine for a few songs but you don't want them to all sound the same. I would suggest a bit of variation as well. Judging from the songs you had posted, they all had basicly the same tempo/speed.

Best of luck!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Oh ya! And I'm not sure if Chris Carter has the snake symbol in your logo copy written, but you might want to check that. It's used by a tv show called Millienium.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I dont even like this genre, but I do like your music. Its very well written. I think your going to be big.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
nevermind

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Vegemite]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
wow, been a while since ive been here, and just read all your comments, thank you very much for your kind words!

We are one person away from a complete line up, and will hopefully be hitting the stage very soon!

top topics

join