It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Centipede

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Thank God for more creatures like that which eat the rats and mice that can spread disease.

I don't think I've ever seen an insect eat an animal before. Pretty cool!

Peace

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
You gotta wonder about a guy who has that kinda thing as a pet. I mean... I always thought tarantulas were weird pets, but that thing... there's no way you could actually hold it (unlike a tarantula) without getting bitten, and I'm sure that a bite from that monster would hurt.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Technically an insect is an animal. You should check out a Goliath bird-eating spider eating a (you guessed it) Bird.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
aha, that googlemaps link is pretty funny. I wonder if the google team put it in as a joke. or perhaps there really is a giant bug somewhere that we dont know about.

actually, it could be some sort of attraction they have that looks like a giant bug, but i wouldnt imagine it would be located in the middle of what looks like farm land.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Thought I would bring this thread back up with a link to another video I found. In this one we see a cute little Scolopendra making the acquaintance of a tarantula -

Centipede Vs. Tarantula

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Yikes... if I found one of those in my yard (or anywhere else!) I think I'd have a heart attack. Eek...

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
lol Man that thing is so damn big!!!!

Thank God they don't live around here. But if I saw one of those things in my room...I don't know what I would do!

lol I'm gonna sleep good tonight!

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Those things are really, really gross.

If I saw one of them in my room I'd probably freak out and run down the hallway (i live in an apartment).

I hate bugs

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This little guy is nothing. If you go back about 300 million years, there use to the giant Arthropleura, which was a 8 foot centipede. This sucker was the largest insect ever.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gothica91

That's not a rat, its a mouse, a decent sized rat would tear it up pretty good if it got any bites in, although that venom has gotta hurt like a [A whole lot]

---------------------------------------
Mod edit - profanity

Please read ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-and-

in the Terms and Conditions;

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10/12/07 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Where? I don't see anything on the map

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KhieuSamphan

mmm mmm mmmmm looks tasty

Centipede Vs. Tarantula

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Can someone please outline the roach on the googlemap please? because I dont see anything either.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yeah i cant see it too.
Oh and BLOODY HELL WTF WAS THAT?! jesus ide hate to come across something like that...

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! that was as bad as the damn massive wasps in japan or china......i will not be able to sleep tonight!!!
i hope you area happy now.....yuk!! lol.....but ya know my father in law keeps getting these weird bites...they look like spider bites (like you can see where each little fang went in ) but the are like an inch or more apart and he gets them all the time!!!! sometimes i tracks up his arms or just one or two here and there!! anyone able to explain??

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! that was as bad as the damn massive wasps in japan or china......i will not be able to sleep tonight!!!
i hope you area happy now.....yuk!! lol.....but ya know my father in law keeps getting these weird bites...they look like spider bites (like you can see where each little fang went in ) but the are like an inch or more apart and he gets them all the time!!!! sometimes i tracks up his arms or just one or two here and there!! anyone able to explain??

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
HOLY # its friggin huge!!!!!!!!!dude, i dont want my hamster to see this

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Dude, I almost put you on ignore for this one. Not that I'm against your views or anything like that. It just brought back some of my worst experiences in my military time in Hawaii. I don't think I came across any THAT size but I had a few friends that came out on the wrong end of a confrontation with a few centipedes. One guys face swelled up completely shut and had to be medivacced out.

You do realize I am going to have to strip down my bed every night for the next couple weeks and shake out my blankets because of this? Do you happen to live in the U.S.? LOL Maybe I can sue you! hehe (just kidding)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Ok, now I have a huge case of the willies. Im sorry, as much as insects are an important part of the animal kingdom. I don't like anything with more than four legs other than bee's.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yeah it is real, however arthropleura which lived during the carboniferous grew up to 6 feet in length. There is some argument about exctally what it ate but it could have been at least omnivorous. Also what makes it look bigger is what it is eating is not a rat but a mouse big difference in size usually!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join