It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Possible sighting over Melbourne Australia

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Yesterday, Tuesday 11/4/06, at around 7pm, i was driving home, and looked up for no particular reason, and noticed a small plane (i dont know a lot about planes, but it looked like it would only seat a couple of people) flying quite low.

I immediately noticed a very bright light that to me seemed like the plane was flying away from. The light was very bright white with a silvery sort of look. There were no stars out yet, and the sky was quite hazy (which had no effect on the brightness or color of the object, in my opinion). The light seemed way too low, and too big to be a satelite or a star.

I had nowhere to pull over, and watched it as long as i could while stopped at traffic lights. It remained still, then moved slowly to (my) right. As i had to drive away from it, i am certain that i saw a short, horizontal row of lights sticking out from the side. To some people this may scream aeroplane, but i could see no wings, tail etc.

Just curious if anyone else saw it?

D




posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Why abouts in VIC ?

Thanks



posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I was driving on nicholson st in fitzroy, towards the city, and was stopped at the intersection of nicholson and alexandra pde.....



posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
dam, i work on st georges rd and leave work at 5, just missed it



posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Snakes of Eden
Yesterday, Tuesday 11/4/06, at around 7pm, i was driving home, and looked up for no particular reason, and noticed a small plane (i dont know a lot about planes, but it looked like it would only seat a couple of people) flying quite low.

I immediately noticed a very bright light that to me seemed like the plane was flying away from. The light was very bright white with a silvery sort of look. There were no stars out yet, and the sky was quite hazy (which had no effect on the brightness or color of the object, in my opinion). The light seemed way too low, and too big to be a satelite or a star.

I had nowhere to pull over, and watched it as long as i could while stopped at traffic lights. It remained still, then moved slowly to (my) right. As i had to drive away from it, i am certain that i saw a short, horizontal row of lights sticking out from the side. To some people this may scream aeroplane, but i could see no wings, tail etc.

Just curious if anyone else saw it?

D



I am interested in this.. if u would could u add this to this thread?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

i would be appreciative as i am very interested in Australian UFO sightings.

Omega



posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Well this is weird, last night I thought I saw my first UFO sighting ever, I'm in Victoria (east gippsland) two extremely bright lights following each other at very high speed, way too far away to distinguish any shape or anything.

I posted this because it was aprox the same time as the OP's sighting




edit: where I live is about an hour or so from Melbourne.



[edit on 12-4-2006 by madhatter]

[edit on 12-4-2006 by madhatter]



posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
These sightings r amazing please post them to this forum
www.abovetopsecret.com... .
i think everyone would like to know about them



posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Snakes of Eden
I was driving on nicholson st in fitzroy, towards the city, and was stopped at the intersection of nicholson and alexandra pde.....


I would have driven past you heading towards the eastern fwy down alexander.

You would have been heading south south westish.



posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Posted to the other thingo.....


This is the 2nd sighting i have had. The other was about 1998/9, i was in a car and saw an orange light , it was pretty high up and looked like an orange star, i thought it must have been a satelite, but it started to move straight up, then stopped, then left, right, up, etc.....

Saw it again a few days later, i was in a different area, but no more than 30 min drive from where i saw the first. I was a teenager at the time, and reported it to a ufo hotline, they just asked me if it was like some plazma weapon in an episode of star trek...the local paper also ran something about "plasma testing" YEAH RIGHT!



posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
not to jump on any sort of bandwagon but i noticed something a little strange at about 7ish when i went to pick up my girlfriend

it was dark and overcast no stars, saw a single light blinking very slowly looked low but far away, it had only 1 light and was blinking slower than most planes ive noticed, wasnt moving and couldnt hear any sounds

this was about 7.15 pm vermont area.. eastern suburbs melbourn near bunnings looking southerly direction

i though it was a small plane, cesna or something didnt think much of it
i always take a look around when i go outside at night

also suprised to see alot of people are from the area on here
good work guys



posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
veespec Thats pretty much what I saw, although there were two blinking lights, it was like one was chasing the other, loooked to be pretty fast too.



posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Yeah, its great that there are a lot of melbournians here! This is exactly what i was hoping for...im a little freaked out that there were other sightings around the same time though....



posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well, I find this pretty strange, and this is my first "WTF was that scenario."
About 11.20 - 11.26pm 12th April 2006 est, I noticed 2 bright orange lights north - north north east, (over rosanna but seemed further away. Perhap Greensborough way) in melbourne.
I was in Heidelberg driving down Bell St heading east towards approaching Lower Heidelberg Rd intersection.
The Lights were on my left, so I went to a side st parralel to Bell St, got out of my car, and looked.
I thought perhaps they were on coming planes in some holding pattern / approach. They still would have had make a right turn to line up with Tullamarine or Essendon at that point because these lights were pointing / heading South.
They didn't deviate much, they stayed same distance apart (about 2-3 fingers width) for the duration.
I had to move soon after because I was illegally parked and people were getting nervous of some bloke standing in the middle of the road staring at the sky.

The lights apppeared a hands width from the horizon, but Heidelberg is very hilly, so that may be actually quite incorrect to actual position in sky.

What ever they were, they appeared stationary, no distiguishing features other than the orange light(s).

I mentioned planes earlier, because from my place I can see that area of sky and do see planes line up (series of turns) with Tullamarine Int Airport, but these appeared close to my location and if they were planes, they a: were flying in a holding pattern / approach right on top of each other (close anyway), b: should have flown over my head for the duration I stayed and watched. c: no change in light intensity (ie if they were getting closer they should have appeared brighter).

I'm not crying ET or anything, just a mere observation in last nights sky.

Anyone one else see it?



posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
you shure it wasnt a plane banner? sometimes they have lights on them. depends on what it was made of to give it the 'silverish' look. i havent heard anything on it but when i talk to my mates in melbourne ill ask them. what suburb where you in?



posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Collective
you shure it wasnt a plane banner? sometimes they have lights on them. depends on what it was made of to give it the 'silverish' look. i havent heard anything on it but when i talk to my mates in melbourne ill ask them. what suburb where you in?


I can't be sure, it was 11.20pm so not sure why they'd advertise anything when its dark. But anything is possible. Our state is run by a fool, that generally has a flow on effect.


I was in Heidelberg at the time looking north / north east.

There is an Army Barracks out that way sort of, but the lights were too much to east of the barracks to be choppers in a mid night exercise, plus it is surronded by suburbia, so a few people may have heard choppers.



posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
melbourne UFO
Does this look anything like it? but like allways its extremely low quality and was probably taken from a street light...



posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
not really, apologies for the delay



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join