It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China says opposes military, economic action on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
i think i posted before something ver similiar to this and it was long time ago but this is new and once again china defends iran and will do anything to save its economic growth, especially the need of oil for the next 90-100 years from Iran

BEIJING, April 12 (Reuters) - China's envoy to the United Nations urged a diplomatic solution to the standoff over Iran's nuclear programme and said military and economic measures would be counter-productive.

"We still believe that negotiations and a diplomatic solution are the best way out of it," Wang Guangya said in New York on Tuesday in comments carried in an overnight report by the official Xinhua news agency.

It was not immediately clear if Wang, who is also the current president of the U.N. Security Council, was speaking in direct reaction to Iran's announcement that it had produced enriched uranium suitable for power stations.

Iran has defied U.N. calls for it to halt its atomic research, which the West fears could be a cover for making nuclear weapons.

Link

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Iran has a powerful ally in China and for that matter even Russia.

Both countries have never really seen eye to eye with, what is sometimes seen as a "post colonial" attitude that is often presented by the biggest critics of Iran's Nucleur power program.

For obvoius reasons both countries would look to undermine U.S policy in Central Asia/ Middle East while retaining their lucrative business and strategic partners in the region.

Wihout the support of Russia and China there will be no military or economic sanctions on Iran. Unless perhaps Israel were to go it alone...which would be a very silly move IMO.

Interesting.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
there is nothing israel can do about it and enough people here from the forum were embarrased because it was all a hoax, anyways i am happey my country is in the nuclear club and your right China and Russia need iran more than anything, especially economiclly

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran
there is nothing israel can do about it and enough people here from the forum were embarrased because it was all a hoax, anyways i am happey my country is in the nuclear club and your right China and Russia need iran more than anything, especially economiclly

you may not be so proud when bombs begin raining down on Iran, personally I could care less whether or not Iran has nuclear technology.

however, because Israel does, and because of our ties with them iran is playing with fire.

also do you think that if push came to shove that the chinese would sever their MASSIVE economic ties with us for iran's sake?

However there is russia, but im sure a few bribes there and we can prevent any intervention from them. They will still probably sell you weapons, however.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Several times I told you this, Iran doesn't have enough oil to fulfill China's needs. Iran is only able to supply them for a couple decenia max. Europe and Japan already work on a substitute for fossil fuels, which as well won't take ages anymore to actually replace the need for fossil fuels.

Besides, the estimations are that our stocks of fossil fuels will be 'empty' around the year '30. Around that time the majority of the Arab countries isn't of any importance anymore.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

First there is lots of oil, lots and lots of it, what is getting is shorter supply is the oil that easy and cheap to get at or not near places tree-huggers like.

Now Mehran I have some bad news for you: Neither China or Russia is going to start shooting at America over 4% of the world’s oil supply. Especially since Russia is lousy with oil. That is not to say they won’t attempt to stymie America efforts from preventing those sharia idiots from having the means to bring about Armageddon.

Most sane leader recognize that world is substantially a more dangerous place when islamic crazies have nukes.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by ElTiante]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
And when Bush have nukes, it's even more dangerous because he's a methodist extremist who believe in the end of times in 2008! So the president of Iran that want nukes (if he indeed wants them) to save his country from being invaded by either Israël and USA or this crazy guy at the White House who doesn't care if he start world war 3, the situation wouldn't be that dangerous if Bush's administration and Israëli could SHUT UP for a while...

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And when Bush have nukes, it's even more dangerous because he's a methodist extremist who believe in the end of times in 2008! So the president of Iran that want nukes (if he indeed wants them) to save his country from being invaded by either Israël and USA or this crazy guy at the White House who doesn't care if he start world war 3, the situation wouldn't be that dangerous if Bush's administration and Israëli could SHUT UP for a while...

Yeah but Isreal hasnt ever nuked anyone, or threatened to for that matter. The US did it to Japan to stave off the massive casualties that would have came from invading mainland Japan. And there hasnt been a nuke detonated maliciously since. If Bush wanted to start world war 3 he would have already, I mean he only has the worlds most powerful military at his command so I dont see your point here. What makes you think Iran isnt after nukes when they have an IRBM that is tailor made for nukes. It would be a waste of money to build a missile like that to send a conventional payload 4000(or some range of that nature) miles away.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
You have fallen in daydream!
If US couldn't stop Iran getting nukes because of China, they would give Taiwan nuke, then China won't be unified for ever!

[edit on 12-4-2006 by emile]

[edit on 12-4-2006 by emile]

top topics

join