Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

That's allstate, Stan. . . .

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I guess I'm at a loss, since I never saw the first commercial in the series; hence, I don't know who "Stan" is. It sounds like he is some guy that got his car smacked by a driver from the company in question.

A coworker told me today that "Stan" is the latest hip-hop/urban epithet for a middle-class white male. African-american, purportedly, would refer to each other as "bro" or "brother;" "Stan is the term used in the new millenium for the type once referred to as "the man."

As evidence of this, he points to the fact that all the commercials show a white male as the primary victim/driver in each accident.

Personally, I think the actor, with his cool voice midway between Denzel Washington and James Earl Jones, is sort of an "angel of death" who can walk between cars and cast a "time-stop" spell so he can talk to you, like he is the black rabbit sent by Frith of Inlay in Watership Down.

Anyway you slice it, it's time to make the world safe for bad drivers.

That's Allstate, Stan.

:shk:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I always thought the commercial said, "That's Allstates, STAND.".....

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
yeah I think shadowshocker is right

but stan is going to become my new word haha

sup mah stan da man jenkins!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
I guess I'm at a loss, since I never saw the first commercial in the series; hence, I don't know who "Stan" is.

OMG I allways thought that they were saying "that's allstate stan" too!~

But it is "Thats Allstate's Stand".

Wow, that Stan explanation is interesting, interesting to see that people are that uptight or are that aware of some of the cultural issues in the US right now.

top topics

join