It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Christians are NOT fascists!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting pretty sick and tired of Christianity being compared to the Taliban, and the fact that professing Christians generally support Bush--even consider him to be the savior of America--doesn't help matters any!

Real Christians are against torture--love your neighbor, bless them that curse you, do unto others!

Real Christians obey the law of the land, and in this case it's the Constitution. The Iraq invasion is unconstitutional; therefore no Christian ought to support it.

Real Christians don't start wars.

Real Christians want LIBERTY for all, not a dictatorship!

Real Christians don't play the USA-can-kick-[name a country]'s-butt.

Real Christians care about their country.

I find it extremely offensive that Bush claims that God told him to strike at Saddam/Iraq. If Bush actually worshiped God, he wouldn't be shredding the Constitution!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
We already get the blame for Iraq (Jews too). Fact is everybody was deceived by a small clique, it seemed perfectly reasonable after 9/11 that Saddam was dangerous and should be deposed.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Real people know that Christianity as well as any other religion is just a bunch of mumbo jumbo that the world would be a lot better off without.
Deny Christ.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting pretty sick and tired of Christianity being compared to the Taliban, and the fact that professing Christians generally support Bush--even consider him to be the savior of America--doesn't help matters any!

Real Christians are against torture--love your neighbor, bless them that curse you, do unto others!

I think the trouble is that , the only version of Christianity people see, is the extreme fundamentalist type, which seems to becoming more and more prevalent IMO.

People like Pat Robertson certainly don't help Christianity's cause one bit.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I'm a Christian fundamentalist.

You know what all a fundamentalist is?

It's merely someone who uses the Bible as their guide for living, that's all!

There's a difference between a fundamentalist and an extremist. IMO, an extremist is one who tries to push off their views. I believe in presenting the Gospel, and if someone doesn't want to listen, let them be on their way. If you deny Christ, that's completely up to you--I for one do not wish to, and you should NOT go around telling people to deny Christ just because YOU choose to!

People like Pat Robertson are pseudo-Christians and NWO tools. You want a list? There's Robertson, and Jerry Falwell, Billy Graham, Robert Schuller, Paul and Jan Crouch, Rick Warren...basically just about any televangelist or anyone that writes a book claiming that NOW is your best life (the health and wealth "gospel" peddlers).

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is similar to the 'There are no real scotsmen' arguement.

Anyone who beleives in christ is a christian. The Pope is a christian. Hitler was a christian. A gay-basher can be christian. A homosexual can be a christian. A soldier can be a christian, and a pacifist can be a christian.

You know what all a fundamentalist is?

Somenone I once knew, they were one of those predeterminist-only-the-elect-are-saved types, they noted that, originally, the fundamentalist christians were a group where the preachers used short tracts to promulgate the dogma, the core beleifs, and that these tracts were called Fundaments for short hand.

Saying that a fundamentalist is merely sonmeone who uses the bible is far too vague, by that reasoning, unitarians are fundamentalists, greek orthodox are fundamentalists, etc.

Fundamentalism, as its normally used, is about the person's interpretation of the bible. Ironically, a fundamentalist will normally say 'i don't interpret the bible, it doesn't require interpretation, i just read it literally'.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst

Real Christians obey the law of the land, and in this case it's the Constitution. The Iraq invasion is unconstitutional; therefore no Christian ought to support it.

Real Christians don't start wars.

Real Christians want LIBERTY for all, not a dictatorship!

Real Christians don't play the USA-can-kick-[name a country]'s-butt.

Real Christians care about their country.

I find it extremely offensive that Bush claims that God told him to strike at Saddam/Iraq. If Bush actually worshiped God, he wouldn't be shredding the Constitution!

you are right, Amytheist. Believers, as opposed to some Christian religion put forth in the main stream church today, understand that they are first and foremost, citizens of heaven. We do not return evil for evil, we pray for our enemies. We understand the full sovereignty of God. When a man's ways please God, he causes even his enemies to be at peace with him. We can receive nothing except from the hand of the father. This is what I stand for. These are all direct verses from the Bible. There was some surface repentance in the US after 9/11 but it faded quickly. Now, after we are hit again sometime again, it will likely be worse than 9/11 and will get more of the church's attention.

I care about the US and want to do my best for it. But my best is obeying the Lord in what He calls me to do. It is not to take up arms. IF a draft ensues, there are potentially believers on both sides. Now, I have taken up arms against another believer? The devil is really loving that part.
The lord makes it clear over and over, Rev 13:10, Ps 147:10, Zech 4:6, Eph 6:12, Jer 17:5, 2 Cor 10:5 that we are not to take up arms against another or fight another.

Throughout the centuries, those who have called themselves Christians have taken up arms and were never supposed to.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Heres the thing...all Christians believe that they are the real Christians. So how are nonchristians suppose to know? Are the majority the real ones or one of the fractions? The bible is open to interpretation...so who's interpretation is the correct one?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Anyone reading the bible can see who's right, and on a side note I'm not staying on a Christian bashing thread if people don't consider others posting. Deny ignorance (not Christ).

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Crist is ignorance. Just look at all the stupid excuses they make for causing havoc because of that guy. Use your brain, you are born with it.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panzeroth
Crist is ignorance. Just look at all the stupid excuses they make for causing havoc because of that guy. Use your brain, you are born with it.

Perhaps then the blame should rest not with one individual's beliefs (as the beliefs actually were and not as they are assumed to be), but rather in the harmful way others carry them out in the name of egotism.

Organised religion always has and always will destory the spirituality which it was based on. IMHO

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Organised religion and it's result is the purpose of religion, at least the larger ones such as Christianity and Islam. There will always be those who use it to their own advantage. Bush? Paedophile priests? Bin Laden? Religion should be a choice but government / church relations should cease to be. If less people were forced/indoctrined to follow Christ, people would actually use their brains, instead of relying their lives on a fairytale nobody knows how to interpret. If you dig Jesus thats cool with me but don't speak lightly of him in my presence.

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Panzeroth]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panzeroth
Organised religion and it's result is the purpose of religion

Agreed, but I don't see where you're going with this as I said spirituality. Spirituality is to religion as...say...being an artist is to being in an art club. I don't know how else to put it. You can have a belief without diluting it through burocracy, fear and herd mentalities.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I forgot this one

Originally posted by AmethystI believe in presenting the Gospel, and if someone doesn't want to listen, let them be on their way. If you deny Christ, that's completely up to you--I for one do not wish to, and you should NOT go around telling people to deny Christ just because YOU choose to!

But you should go around telling people to embrace Christ because YOU do?
And can you define "Real Christian"? You are a "Real Christian" whilst millions of other followers arent? The bible is obviously meant to be interpreted in many ways and that I guess is part of the scheme (make that EVIL SCHEME! boooof!!!). Everyone got their own way to read the thing and everyone keeps claiming they do it the right way. What is it that made you sure your was the right one? God spoke to you? Wel guess what, God speaks to people all the time, you mentioned it yourself when you quoted Bush.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Saying that 'sprituality' is innocent is just as much a cop out as saying 'real christians don't do bad things'. Bin ladin is a spiritual person, Bush is a spiritual person. The Catholic Church is organized religion, the chasidics are an organized religion and many chasidics are extremely spritiual. Practically no one that has done horrible things in the name of religion hasn't been spiritual at the same time.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I never stated that spirituality is innocent (although I would not use that word per say). I merely said that you can have a spiritual belief without clinging to intimidation, subjication and herd mentality, ie orgainzed religion.

I don't understand why people can't see the difference between the two. I suppose I could be considered spiritual, but that is something relating to me. I have no need of grouping up with others in order to reenforce/validate my ideas, for safety/comfort or to convince (save) the non-believers. If that is what you are refering to as spirituality being 'innocent' (being an idea for yourself that you don't force/impose on others), then yes it is. Has religion or Bush or Hitler or Sadam been spiritual? Possibly, but that is not why they took actions that harmed others; it was fear, power, control and ego. True spirituality, in and for itself, transends those vices.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

True spirituality, in and for itself, transends those vices.

Thats the thing, you can't just say that 'true spirituality' is anything good and nothng bad. Its just like saying, no catholic has ever done anything wrong, because anyone that did something really horrible, they're just not a true catholic.

Who's to say that all those people mentioned weren't motivated by their own spirituality to do these horrible things? Bin Ladin clearly very religious, very spiritual, and beleives in his own religion, he is motivated by his own spirituality to do these horrible things. Its his spirituality that permits him to say 'these things are justified, and infact are good, not bad, because of my relation to the spirit world'.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Thats the thing, you can't just say that 'true spirituality' is anything good and nothng bad.

Again I never said it was good or bad as that is merely an interpretation. Nothing is either in an absolute sense because each is subject to perception. I use the word innocent in that it does not tread on others.

Who's to say that all those people mentioned weren't motivated by their own spirituality to do these horrible things? Bin Ladin clearly very religious, very spiritual, and beleives in his own religion, he is motivated by his own spirituality to do these horrible things. Its his spirituality that permits him to say 'these things are justified, and infact are good, not bad, because of my relation to the spirit world'.

Because spirituality (in the way that I understand it), is YOUR connection to a beilef. It can not be shared or forced on another because only you can feel and understand it in the way that you do because you are you and not someone else. Everyone ultimately understands it in a way that relates to them because you understand everything in a way that relates to you. It's just the way that we think as a species. It's the ego-self, it's perception.

Perhaps the difference between spirituality and organized religion is a fine line for some, where as it's very distinct to me. Spirituality is placid connection ones self, confidence, self-governing, acceptence of others and the beliefs of others (not as pertaining to your life but of the act of a personal choice because no one can understand things exactlly the way that you do and vice versa) where as organized religion is a control hierarchy that looks to convert and condem for the purpose of (as I have mentioned many times) herd mentality (ie fear, control, avoiding responcibility, etc.). I mean no offence, take or leave what I say as you will. If it means nothing to you then it doesn't. To each their own.

You mentioned people in some form of control that clamed to be spiritual, do you really think that they did harmful actions because they were spiritual or because of their desires to continue or create that control over others? If so then why are these portrayers of subjication (that you have mentioned) always at the head of the tottem pole? When spirituality is used as an excuse to control others, it just doesn't appear to be much of a personal enlightenment to me. I could always be wrong, perhaps spirituality is all about 'how much more I can get regardless of the means'. I would really be on the wrong path then.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
they are not facists
they are fundalmentalist beating you to death with the bible.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panzeroth The bible is obviously meant to be interpreted in many ways and that I guess is part of the scheme (make that EVIL SCHEME! boooof!!!).

If it werent for Christ and the bible, the human race would have probably gone "boooof" a while ago. Human nature is EVIL.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join