It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beacon of light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
A thought just occured to me so bear with me people. Everyone knows that the Great Pyramid of Egypt was emmense in size. Also, it was meant to be seen from miles from it's position. What if it was meant to be a beacon to be seen from space? Every site that I read states how the casing stones that once covered the pyramid were a polished white limestone. What better way to refract the Sun's light if you wanted to be noticed from space? It's centalized location on the Earth would mean that everyday light would bounce off of it's surface into space at a regulated time from a position that is or was dead center of the collective land mass of this planet.
As a firm believer in life forms other than the ones on this planet, the idea is intriguing but that is for a discussion in another forum. I just wanted to throw the idea out there. I have heard other explanations as to the purpose of these mysterious structures but I dont think anyone has stated this. If so, please excuse.

I would list links right about here but I figure you guys know where to go.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infra_red
A thought just occured to me so bear with me people. Everyone knows that the Great Pyramid of Egypt was emmense in size.

It's not that huge. Other ancient structure were equally or more prominent.

What better way to refract the Sun's light if you wanted to be noticed from space?

Erm, in case you didn't notice, the sides of the pyramid don't point up into space. The reflectivity quotient of the sides of the pyramid are actually somewhat less than the desert.

And why on earth would a civilization capable of flying through thousands of parsecs of space and capable of avoiding meteors, comets, and micrometeorites need a visual beacon? We don't use them on any aircraft and they haven't been used for a long time. Our technology is all instrument and beacon based.

[quoteIt's centalized location on the Earth would mean that everyday light would bounce off of it's surface into space at a regulated time from a position that is or was dead center of the collective land mass of this planet.

Actually, it isn't and wasn't. I forget who started the rumor, but you can easily knock holes in that one.

As a firm believer in life forms other than the ones on this planet, the idea is intriguing but that is for a discussion in another forum.

I don't see any purpose in doing this when a ultra-high tech beacon would do (nor is there any indication that the area would be of particular interest since the first city civilizations are in India.)

...unless you think that the Earth is surrounded by a Mass Stupidity field and that when they got here all their instruments and computers caught a Stupidity Virus. I don't see that as plausible, myself.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

It's centalized location on the Earth would mean that everyday light would bounce off of it's surface into space at a regulated time from a position that is or was dead center of the collective land mass of this planet.

What on earth would that help any aliens? "Oh look, Earth is still where it is supposed to be!"

And anyway, due to the rotation around the sun, this would only be accurate once every 365 days..

join