It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IE help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I have the new IE 7.0 version and i have to say first off that i love it. But... Wheres the history button? How can i get it? I personally dont use the history but my father does.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The history button is the little star icon to the left of all your tabs. When your mouse hovers over it says "Favorites Center" but you can access your history.

PS.
I see a lot of posts that say you can only view todays history. It is a known bug that they are working on, (unless its fixed now).

Best of Luck

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I should add that in the Official Microsoft Discussion groups, that Microsoft MVP's are pointing people to a third party IE History application for a workaround if the IE history is a big deal.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Thank you so much. Yeah it only goes back for today but ill give it a while. nothings perfect at first, and usually nothings perfect in the end when it comes to microsft, lol. anyways thanks again

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
Thank you so much. Yeah it only goes back for today but ill give it a while. nothings perfect at first, and usually nothings perfect in the end when it comes to microsft, lol. anyways thanks again

Microsoft writes the top programs we run today. While other companies see their profits dropping on an annually basis, the writing they are doing in creating the programs slips as well. Microsoft has the money to go the extra mile in creating their programs. Your right though, nothing is perfect, But I would trust Microsoft before I would most other programs.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Oh most definitly, i totally agree, chissler.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
IE? Ohh, no way! After years and years of IE, I changed to Firefox yesterday.

Tabbed browsing, internet connection almost twice as fast, inbuilt popup blockers, huge amounts of add-ons, and a multitude of other features, like if my comp crashes, I can restart Firefox and all my websites reapper exactly how I left them.

Ohh, I'm never going back to IE!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Yup Firefox all the way!! Been useing it for about a year and I wouldnt change it for anything!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I don't see how Firefox would exactly speed up your internet connection, but it can deffinately help with how fast you can browse from site to site.

I've never really used Firefox, I am stubborn when it comes to learning new things so I normally just stick with what works. However my IE has been a pain in the backside lately, getting alot of page can not be displayed and having to reload screens. Maybe I'll give Firefox a shot when I make it home tonight. Struggle through the first few days and test the ropes.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Firefox is a very clean and straight forward browser! You can really customize the heck out of it too. There are themes you can install and a bajillion of VERY useful extensions (plug-ins) you can install as well! You can also have complete control over all java scripts that most website impose on you without your knowledge.

There is no way I would ever go back to IE!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Yeah, my internet speed increades because I downloaded a thingie that is called 'fasterfox' and increases broadband speed.

chissler, I was thinking exactly like you a few days ago. Reluctant to try something new, worried about the safety of my comp, getting peeved off by IE, so I tried Firefox (5mb file - tiny) and I found it was great!

So, try it for sure.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Alright wtr.

But I hold you accountable for everything! All my frustration will be taken out on you.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I too will try firefox later tonight

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
i decided to download it now. its pretty cool, faster, and i like it. but it will take some getting used to no doubt.

[edit on 4/13/2006 by Schmidt1989]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Sorry for the double post but okay. make that A LOT faster

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
You don't see the tabs until you open a new one

I too could never go back to IE, on the rare occasions I've used it in the last few years, I've been shocked at how "primitive" it feels. Not to mention the Spyware/Unreliability issues....Firefox is a gem

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
switch to firefox or netscape..IE is junk

new topics

top topics

join