It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strongly chlorinated water supplies ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I live in the Northern VA / Washington DC / Beltway area, and I've notied something odd. Last year, as winter ended and spring commenced, I noticed that the public water supply was being very heavily chlorinated. So much so, that when you run the tap, you can smell the chlorine. As the weather gets warmer into the summer, the chlorine increases to the point where I found it irritating my gums with a mild burning sensation. I've noticed it starting already again this year.

Now, obviously the water is chlorinated to prevent flora & fauna from proliferating within the water supply. But DEAR LORD, I've never noticed it so high before !!! Has anyone else noticed this as well ?

Flynn

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I drink very little tap water anymore. I'm drinking spring water lately, so I can avoid chlorine. I plan to move to a better water filter soon to save money on having to buy clean water.

I have noticed in the past, the stong smell of chlorine sometimes, but not quite like what I think you are explaining.

Don't drink it, at least not straight. I think your senses know that this isn't right. I do not consider Chlorine or Chloramine to be safe to drink. I would get a filter for that water, if you intend on drinking it anymore. Make sure you get a high quality unit that really does filter out the Chlorine and Chloramine. It might be safe to get a unit that can filter both, because a local area here, Blacksburg, VA, recently converted over to Chloramine. Some water filters only filter out the taste and odor of Chlorine, so read the box carefully.

Some folks might not consider filtered water that important, but think of what Chlorine might do inside your body since it is a poison that kills germs.

Troy

new topics

join