posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:12 AM
I drink very little tap water anymore. I'm drinking spring water lately, so I can avoid chlorine. I plan to move to a better water filter soon to
save money on having to buy clean water.
I have noticed in the past, the stong smell of chlorine sometimes, but not quite like what I think you are explaining.
Don't drink it, at least not straight. I think your senses know that this isn't right. I do not consider Chlorine or Chloramine to be safe to
drink. I would get a filter for that water, if you intend on drinking it anymore. Make sure you get a high quality unit that really does filter out
the Chlorine and Chloramine. It might be safe to get a unit that can filter both, because a local area here, Blacksburg, VA, recently converted over
to Chloramine. Some water filters only filter out the taste and odor of Chlorine, so read the box carefully.
Some folks might not consider filtered water that important, but think of what Chlorine might do inside your body since it is a poison that kills