It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official!! Iran announces nuclear ability.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen

iran has multiple tactics of delevering , they can use a car , bus , submarine , they have misseles yes but the newest are stealth misseles and will not be detected. they have aircraft and some of they are stealthy ect.

You are speculating that they even have nuclear weapons at this point. There is however another country in the region that can for sure deliver with all of the above mentioned vehicles and its not speculation. I wonder why that is not an issue even though its probably whats driving this mini-cold war keep up with the nuclear joneses thing. Maybe if the US wasn't practicing bias towards the one country that is seemingly allowed to have this power and knowledge and actually applied some type of oversight and controls, there would not be concern that there would be a need for posession of WMD's.

Who stopped us from stockpiling or developing this technology in the past? No one. We have even used this weaponry not just once but twice! Still no one attempted to stop us or threatened to cross our borders and demolish our facilities to make us stop.

Pie

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
o i see so you believe that we need to shut down their nuclear program because they lied in the past. just how long do you suggest that we shut it down considering that they are now following the NPT. they have been since they came out with the program. The only reason is because it wasnt made public. We still have found no evidence of any nuclear bomb making. We only have evidence that they have been trying to have a nuclear program. now they are just 18-20 years more advanced in it because they got away with it for that long. do you SERIOUSLY believe that if they had announced it when they started it that sadam wouldnt have bombed them to god almighty?

let us remember that sadam was a threat to iran, and they did have chemical and bio weapons right up to the end of the second gulf war. you really think it would have been a good idea for iran to make their nuclear program public with this information out? can we say a second iraq iran war?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
While I agree that this isn't good news, they didn't break any laws yet.
They've got 100% rights to research this. (but yeah, they are probably not telling many things
)

I give them a compliment for being this brave though. They aren't even scared of the UN. Although they probably are relatively safe because of Russia and China.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Honestly, what was the point of deliberately breaking the rules other than to provoke violence?

Mod Edit: – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/4/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well prop, it seem's you just proved to everybody in this thread why Iran shouldn't have nukes. I fail to see why so many people in this thread are feeling so sorry for Iran even though it broke every rule in the book, has crazy Islamofascists running it, and threatened to wipe out a whole country just a month ago. Of course the thread could be infested with Islamics who will obviously favour Iran of course.

Oh, and by the way- America isn't the only nation tired of Islamic tactics. I lived in Russia, Latinamerica, and many other places where people don't have as much tolerance to Islamic violence and intimidation as here in Northamerica.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announced Tuesday that Iran has successfully enriched uranium.

"Iran has joined countries with nuclear technology," he said.

Good for them. Nice to see them moving fowards technologicaly.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
These are very good contributions, from both of you.

Let's be clear.

When President Ahmadinejad gave his speech to the "World Without Zionism" audience, he quoted Khomeini, who longed for Israel's end.

One should realize that the Great Black African Statesman, Mr Nelson Mandela, describes Israel as an apartheid culture, and likens the Palestinians to South African Black Peoples struggling against the Afikaaners,who massacre them like flies; much like the Israeli's massacre like flies the little children who have the nerve to throw stones at the criminals who stole/occupy their lands.

And do not forget Mahatma Gandhi,who says it is "inhuman" to impose the Jews upon the Arabs.

It is people like "Nakash the Bush apologist"who murder and lie and slander and are the ACTUAL problem on this planet.

Lies of Gulf War I. Little "Nariyah"

Lies of Gulf War II. The dictator with the broken back is about to drop nukes on the US.

Lies upon Iran. Threatened to nuke Israel.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I don't mean to be a terrible capitalist here but, is it worth buying shares in oil? Let's face it, Iran is going to be invaded and oil companies will probably get even more oil flowing when it's all done and dusted. Just thought it might be worth a look

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Well prop, it seem's you just proved to everybody in this thread why Iran shouldn't have nukes. I fail to see why so many people in this thread are feeling so sorry for Iran even though it broke every rule in the book, has crazy Islamofascists running it, and threatened to wipe out a whole country just a month ago. Of course the thread could be infested with Islamics who will obviously favour Iran of course.

Oh, and by the way- America isn't the only nation tired of Islamic tactics. I lived in Russia, Latinamerica, and many other places where people don't have as much tolerance to Islamic violence and intimidation as here in Northamerica.

Tired of "depleted uranium"?

Tired of "collateral damage"?

"America isn't the only nation......"

That would explain why entire countries(India) come to a screeching halt when your Great Stuttering Murdering Drunken Fool Who Would Be Passed Out In A Gutter Somewhere Were His Name Not Bush comes to visit.

Yes the WHOLE WORLD is SO TIRED of the Muslims invading non-aggressive countries and dropping bombs and killing innocent people.

This is why Dick Cheney would keep Nelson Mandela behind bars, yes?

Soon the Nuclear Suitcases will be detonated Nakash.

The Sheikh has given the order.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
is it right for the United States of America which has more than 400 nuclear tipped torpedos, missles, rockets, etc... to tell a foriegn nation that they are not allowed to have nuclear power? I believe the answer to that question is no. I also believe that the Iranian Nation and People deserve a chance to show the rest of the Developed world that they can A) Be responsible with this highly volitile power B) Tone down thier rhetoric and C) Prove that they want this power for peaceful purposes.

But this all revolves around this issue that the United States is an international bully. Look at India and Pakistan or North Korea for that matter. Countries who have nuclear power the United States essentially lets them do what they will because they realize that if it ever came down to it they could hit us as hard as we hit them. Iran and many other underdevloped nations realize this. So in actuality it is the fault of the American Military Industrial Complex cuppled with the former USSR. We have created an enviroment where major nations are afraid to step on any other major nations toes too much for fear of nuclear retalitation.

So...I say give the Iranians a Chance. If and I strongly stress the word IF they do continue on the enrichment process(I.E enrichment up to weapons grade) then NON-MILITARY action should be taken. But either way a nuclear or military strike of any kind on the NATION of Iran is both illegal and morally reprehensible.

Now for those of you out there who are going to ream me and call me an enemy sympathizer or tell me not to complain if and when we get bombed...to you I say, enjoy your fascist state because it is people(s) like you who will eventually out of fear allow this once great nation to turn to tyranny. "Those who sacrafice liberty for security deserve neither liberty nor security." We cannnot continue to put up this double standard of We can have it but you cant....we can do it but you cant....we can do regime change and its not a coup...but if someone else does its this horrible coup. We can censor our people because its for thier own good...but if you do it your not democratic. Iran is just one more in a long train of AMERICAN screw ups and double standards.

El senor pom pom rides again

BTW I am a VOTING United States citizen...Nuff said.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Elsenorpompom]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Excess Baggage

Originally posted by pRoPhEcY
Soon the Nuclear Suitcases will be detonated Nakash.

The Sheikh has given the order.

Fair warning to the Sheikh: if he sent those suitcase nukes via either the U.S. Postal Service or as baggage on an American airliner, they are hopelessly lost and will never be seen again -- except maybe for sale on eBay or at a weekend swap meet in Riverside.

Just one of the many layers of defense protecting America.

Obviously this is an emotional issue, what with the talk of nukes and all, and it seems for every "Nuke Iran!" American there's a corresponding "Nuke America!" Irani (maybe some karmic symmetry there?).

But most folks are really not into the whole "Nuke 'Em!" thing, and are, like myself, hoping this minor difference of opinion can be settled without a lot of fireworks.

The reasons for not using nuclear weapons against other countries far outweigh the reasons for using them. While I suppose it's possible that the U.S. may consider using nuclear "bunker busters" to attack underground facilities in Iran, I'm pretty sure they know that's not the simplest or best option.

Also, while some of my more swagger-prone fellow Americans are quick to "pooh pooh" Iran's military capabilities, I am not, and I'm pretty sure the military planners at the Pentagon aren't either.

Iran is not to be trifled with, and I am certain it will be in the best interests of everyone involved if both countries find a way to peacefully resolve our differences.

Anyone who wishes otherwise is, in my opinion, tragically misinformed about what's at stake here.

Oh, and to my friends in Iran: thanks for electing a president that makes Bush seem rational by comparison. Hope you enjoy the bad press as much as we do.

P.S. Also, um... threatening to nuke someone doesn't make a very strong case for trusting someone with nukes. Just sayin'.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Oh Prop, one last thing- You can't fight God. Muhammed (your leader) is paying for his crimes right now. Your suitcase nukes (if they exist and ever detonate) will stand against you in the final day. Plus Iran will be completely destroyed if it ever tries something like that (kiss Mecca and Medina- the two pillars of Satan, goodbye). It's already been foretold Aeons before your pirate of a "profit" ever existed, we already know the outcome of this conflict if it spirals the way you wish it does. I in fact hope your suitcase nukes DO detonate since it will herald the end of your religion just like Alexander's victory over Persia or the Medes victory over Babylon made the Levites smile at how foolish their enemies were. Nobody will ever convert to Islam by the way- we know who Jesus Christ was, and he's not the puppet of Beelzebub (ie: Allah).

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen

Originally posted by masterp
I do not see what the big deal is with Iran. The moment a missile is launched with destination to Israel, Iran will be obliterated by US nukes. Does anybody think that American satellites do not have a complete picture of Iran?

iran has multiple tactics of delevering , they can use a car , bus , submarine , they have misseles yes but the newest are stealth misseles and will not be detected. they have aircraft and some of they are stealthy ect.

Iran does not have stealth missiles or stealth aircraft. Even the mighty USA does not have that. Let's keep it real and not dive into the realm of fantasy.

Iran is a poor country with poor people, mostly uneducated, run by other uneducated people. Iran is a theocracy, and that is the most important problem. By bombing Iran, these uneducated people will only think of USA as the enemy and nothing more.

The threat of retaliation is strong enough to stop them from lauching a nuclear missile against any other nation.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I don't know what problem you have with them but here in NYC Im surrounded by them and never had a problem with them. I have them for neighbors both at my place of business and my home, of all different sects and nationalities. How it is that you go to all these places and see so many bad things is beyond me. Maybe its just thats what you wish to see and try to have other people see that have never even come in contact with a muslim person. There is no intimidation whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Even though not immeadiate there is a solution to Iran, and any possable threat.
The "Target Iran Countdown Timeline", has a fairly detailed concept of such. At least as far as an Operations Plan (OPLAN) goes, which may I remind you, is very different from a Concept Plan (CONPLAN).

The count down timeline has a draft up to 2009. In which it says;

31 December 2009
If strikes have not occured by January 2009, the new President will have some months to decide on a course of action. If strikes have not occured by the end of 2009, American policy will have shifted from saying the Atomic Ayatollahs are unacceptable, to accepting them as an accomplished fact.

Sums it up don't you say, couldn't have said it better my self.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

From this article

Foreign Secretary Jack Straw has called on Iran to show by "words and actions" that it is not trying to develop a nuclear weapon.

Now how could they ever possibly prove they were not going to make a bomb, to our satisfaction? They say "No we won't build a bomb", we say we dont' believe them. It doesn't really work does it.

As for proving it by actions, well let them have the material and build their power plants. It's the only way to prove they won't make a bomb surely. Actions speak louder than words so let them get on with it, if they did try and build a bomb or built one and tried to use it then we go in all guns blazing. Until we can prove they have made anything other than a power plant, leave them alone.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Oh Prop, one last thing- You can't fight God. Muhammed (your leader) is paying for his crimes right now. Your suitcase nukes (if they exist and ever detonate) will stand against you in the final day. Plus Iran will be completely destroyed if it ever tries something like that (kiss Mecca and Medina- the two pillars of Satan, goodbye). It's already been foretold Aeons before your pirate of a "profit" ever existed, we already know the outcome of this conflict if it spirals the way you wish it does. I in fact hope your suitcase nukes DO detonate since it will herald the end of your religion just like Alexander's victory over Persia or the Medes victory over Babylon made the Levites smile at how foolish their enemies were. Nobody will ever convert to Islam by the way- we know who Jesus Christ was, and he's not the puppet of Beelzebub (ie: Allah).

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Nakash]

AAhhhhhh. Mmmmmmm. I am savoring this. mmmmm.

Yes of course. Jesus "The Great Whiteboy" KKKhrist was sent to planet Earth for the great sake of being hideously tortured and nailed to a piece of wood, because God is very angry and wants to take The Great Anger out on someone.

But because God so loves humanity, He sent a wise, loving, compassionate and profound "Son"(the son is white so the Father is white), so He could horribly murder the beautiful one.

And in so doing, God provided a means for people to "save" themselves from the very terrible Monster Who Lives In the Bowels Of The Earth.

So "Christ the Lord"(redundant) is known as the "Savior".
:

If you would like a good laugh, ask one of these mindless KKKhristians what the word "Christ" means.

It's really funny, particularly if you are dealing with one of these really annoying types, who will absolutely NOT shut up until they have "saved" you from the Great Beast Who Plays Endless Lawrence Welk Music In The Fiery Pits of H-E double hockey shticksh.

Try it! It's hee-lair-ee-ush!!
Sounds like dish;

"What does that word mean, Christ, very annoying mindless little person?"

The answer is always something like; "Glerffa derfa sherpa derka, gur goo lee dee dippity doinka dunk ."

They have no idea what they are talking about. They have some kind of mindless obsession with two things; "saving" people and Saturday Night Smackdown.

YOU ARE WALKING RIGHT INTO A PERFECT STEEL TRAP MR. DUR DEE DUR.

Ha haa. "Christ". God is a white man.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Can we please try and leave religion out of this one. The ability of Iran to make enriched uranium has nothing to do with religion. Ok ok maybe you can argue the israel point but i thought we were talking about if they should have it.

The religous discussion here has also got quite personal, i don't really believe in that sort of stuff but going on about like you are just ruins a good discussion.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
*lets stop the nonsense posts*

[edit on 14-4-2006 by Amuk]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The nonsense posts and the "My God is bigger than yours" posts will stop NOW

The topic is

Iran and Nukes, lets stick to it

[edit on 14-4-2006 by Amuk]

new topics

top topics