It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official!! Iran announces nuclear ability.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
wait, PLEASE, dont tell me that you think breaking the seals was breaking the NPT. they broke the safegaurd agreement...and rightfully so. if that is your only arguement as to how they broke the NPT, then your going to have to do alot better then that.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
wait, PLEASE, dont tell me that you think breaking the seals was breaking the NPT. they broke the safegaurd agreement...and rightfully so. if that is your only arguement as to how they broke the NPT, then your going to have to do alot better then that.

Oh wait, lets now doubt that the IAEA, which was apparently right over Iraq, is now wrong over their pronouncement that Iran is in violation of the NPT---all because they did not conveniently locate a list for you to find of what exactly Iran is violating?

Used your favorite search engine yet or do you need me to simply link you to the IAEA site that specifies such in a number of .pdf files?

Do some legwork there, fight club participant.

I can not lead you by the hand thru this discussion or do I need to?

seekerof

[edit on 11-4-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

Of course it broke the rules of the NPT! Iran is allowed to develop a fuel cycle for power production under inspection from the IAEA. In 2003 the IAEA discovered that Iran had been running a secret research program for some 18 years. Now they are being encouraged to halt their enrichment program and return to negotiations - and are they doing that? As for breaking the seals, they're entitled to do that under the NPT (again, with IAEA there to inspect it, which they were) but it's hardly gaining the trust of the international community, which is what it should be trying to do right now. They lied for 18 years in direct violation of the NPT. End of.

From the BBC:

The IAEA reported in 2003 that Iran had hidden a uranium enrichment programme for 18 years, and the current dispute dates back to then. Western members of the IAEA called on Iran to commit itself to stopping all enrichment activities permanently, but it has refused to do so and now says it has abandoned a temporary ban as well. So these countries want Iran reported to the Security Council under the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) on the grounds that its past behaviour broke the treaty and it cannot now be trusted.

SOURCE: news.bbc.co.uk...

EDITS for formatting etc

[edit on 11-4-2006 by Curio]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Correction: You and Iran have no credibility over this matter of Iran's in-violation-of-the-NPT nuclear program

Alright Mr Patriotic Amerikan.

Let's get it on.

The USA bombs and kills and starves to death millions of people all over the world.

Now, go ahead and talk about Big Bad Iran, and their "criminality".

And I'll talk about how the USA bombs and kills and starves to death millions of people all over the world.

Where should we start?

Iraq?
El Salvador?
Panama?
Vietnam?
The Philipinnes?
Grenanda?
Nicaragua?
Algeria?
Somalia?
Angola?
Bolivia?
Chile?
Haiti? Illegal government?
IRAN????????????????????????
Liberia?
Zaire?
Assisting the Apartheid regimes? Rhodesia?
Afghanistan?

Where should we start?

Any idea what I meant by "jaws of a trap"?

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Good one Prop, but let's be honest- your president is crazy and dangerous, even Iranians I meet are afraid of him. He says he's talked to a Ghost for Pete's sakes! Can you imagine somebody like that running a country with nukes?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Good one Prop, but let's be honest- your president is crazy and dangerous, even Iranians I meet are afraid of him. He says he's talked to a Ghost for Pete's sakes! Can you imagine somebody like that running a country with nukes?

Bush says PUBLICLY that God wanted him him to run for president.

Bush's mother says publicly that her son is "the chosen one".

Bush claims publicly that "the evil one is amongst us". Does he mean the Antichrist?

Bush is an evangelical who believes in the "Rapture", and "Armageddon" is necessary for Christ to return.

Are you familiar with Q'ranic "end times" scenario, Nak?

[101.1] Oh, the terrible calamity!
[101.2] What is the terrible calamity!
[101.3] And what will make you comprehend what the terrible calamity is?
[101.4] The day on which men shall be as scattered moths
[101.5] And the mountains as loosened wool
[101.10] And what will make you know what it is?
[101.11] A burning fire.

Does that sound anything like nuclear war?

We are all doomed because of YOUR president.

It is YOUR president who has "wiped Iraq off the map", and is a mass murderer who should be dragged to Fallujah and shot down like the sick dog that he is.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
FACT: Bush used that to get votes

FACT: Iran's president believes what he's saying and just threatened a month ago to wipe out a whole country.

Islamic end of times scenario was written by Satan to dupe Muslims into doing his will. 1 billion people already follow Antichrist and will take his mark without a fight (mark being some sort of tax or calendar restriction most probably). Nothing on Armaggedon being needed to initiate a rapture in the Bible (in fact, there is nothing Christians can do to "start the rapture"). On the other hand the Bible is an excellent guide to predicting the behaviour of Muslims (who will as prophecised initiate a war against Israel, commit genocide, and then have to suffer divine intervention before their leader continues to spiral the Earth into chaos). I'd go for peace if I were you.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   

He claims he has spoken to the "Mahdi". People complain about Bush but they sure are silent about a guy who claims to have spoken to "God" right out in the open. Also somebody who threatened to wipe out a whole country . Also someone who is building nukes. Why did we invade Iraq instead of Iran?

[edit on 11-4-2006 by Nakash]

Don't have time to read the rest of the posts, but I can answer this one.

Because IRAQ was #2 on the PNAC hit list. IRAN is #3...

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
*Mod edit for profanity, racial slurs, personal insults and just about everything else*

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Amuk]

Sep

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Important to note that Dr Ahmadinejad doesn't actually "run" the country but is the third most powerful person, and he doesn't have any say on the military affairs of Iran.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
PNAC is going down brother.....and for all the bangwagon whores out there that can't stand for themselves and have to go along with your wonderful PNAC leaders, unless your elite, they're taking you down too. And I don't care if your "Pro-war", "Pro-lets crush everything"...your government..my government as a american...they don't care about you! they don't care about us! So don't even try to side with them, we're nobody to them. The second Iran is striked the economy here is gonna freeze, gas will go up very high, it's already high...and for all the "pro-chaos" people out there...your gonna get it, and it's not going to be because of an outside force..you'll have your own gov. to thank for it..the enemy is within......and it's going to collaspe from within..

[edit on 12-4-2006 by DIABOLIC888]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
dont the usa got nukes?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DIABOLIC888
PNAC is going down brother.....and for all the bangwagon whores out there that can't stand for themselves and have to go along with your wonderful PNAC leaders, unless your elite, they're taking you down too. And I don't care if your "Pro-war", "Pro-lets crush everything"...your government..my government as a american...they don't care about you! they don't care about us! So don't even try to side with them, we're nobody to them. The second Iran is striked the economy here is gonna freeze, gas will go up very high, it's already high...and for all the "pro-chaos" people out there...your gonna get it, and it's not going to be because of an outside force..you'll have your own gov. to thank for it..the enemy is within......and it's going to collaspe from within..

[edit on 12-4-2006 by DIABOLIC888]

A most EXCELLENT post, Dtriple8!!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrum781
dont the usa got nukes?

Close to 11,000.

So it seems Jesse James does not approve of the Sheriff having a gun.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
there will be NO more personal insults, racist remarks, etc.

The topic is Nukes in Iran.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Hmmm... coming late to this discussion, I'm just shocked that there are so many people out there who are so keen on the US 'doing something' about Iran. The last time the US 'did something' about Iran, it armed Saddam Hussein with chemical and biological weapons and supported him while he attacked Iran.

While simultaneously (and clandestinely) selling weapons to Iran. Via ISRAEL, for crying out loud.

The time before that, when the US 'did something' about Iran, it was to overthrow their democratically elected president (Mossadegh) and install the Shah, plus supply and train a secret police (SAVAK) that made the KGB look like girl scouts. When, after many years of this brutal repression, a previously vibrant and quite westernised democracy was beaten down enough that religious fundamentalism became an attractive option, and the Shah was overthrown, the US embassy was known to the locals as 'the nest of spies'.

Now, after the debacle over Iraq's WMDs and the appalling mess the US has made of that country, you gung-hoes are willing to swallow more nonsense about how Iran is a 'threat' and get involved in another war. One person on this forum wants Iran to be nuked until it's a glass parking lot. Moderator, how come that post wasn't removed?

You're all falling for it. AGAIN. With the lessons that should have been learned from Iraq staring you in the face.

But then, so many (not all! there are many well-informed Americans on this forum) Americans have as much of a grasp on history as a baby has on a buttered anvil.

Edit: Whoops! COMPLETELY forgot to mention the fact that the USS Vincennes shot down an Iranian airliner... and GHW Bush's response was, "I will NEVER apologise for America".

Given all the above, it's a wonder Iranians en masse don't hate the US. But I think they'll be learning to do that again. And soon.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by rich23]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Extremely well said rich23
Many people havn't learned from history.

But then, so many (not all! there are many well-informed Americans on this forum) Americans have as much of a grasp on history as a baby has on a buttered anvil.

Hey it's not just the americans. The other day i was talking to some people aged between 14 and 22 (i'm in my 20's). Out of 6 people only 3 knew who Hitler was! The ones who knew about Hitler knew virtually nothing about the war and the holocaust, just that and i quote He was that german president wasn't he At that moment i think i lost all faith in people my age lol.

Shocking.

Iran is sadly in a lot of trouble, the US will no doubt steam roller in there (after bombing it into a very flat black thing). I don't like war for no real reason, sometimes it has to be done but not this time. If they started to enrich uranium to the point that it could be used for weapons and then we got intelligence that they were doing that. Then we should go in, give them a chance and see if they stick to there word. If they build power plants and nothing else then should we punish them for that?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I do not see what the big deal is with Iran. The moment a missile is launched with destination to Israel, Iran will be obliterated by US nukes. Does anybody think that American satellites do not have a complete picture of Iran?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
they won't say they have nukes the first evidence we see of them having a nuke is the destruction of israel or bagdad. within this year maybe.
because if they tell us they have a nuke they know the west will attack. so that is one of the reasons I am for a pre-emtive strike against Iran , taking out the complete reactor and other sites and the destruction of the totall governement of Iran , an attack with high explosion warheads when the complete governement ect are sitting to gether just like when they were when the iranian president made is announcement. that was one of the best possible moments for a strike against this group of people. the casualties other then the leaders and powerfull and influencial people is regretful but calculated , but iran going ahead in this direction is leading to more deaths of innocent people.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
I do not see what the big deal is with Iran. The moment a missile is launched with destination to Israel, Iran will be obliterated by US nukes. Does anybody think that American satellites do not have a complete picture of Iran?

iran has multiple tactics of delevering , they can use a car , bus , submarine , they have misseles yes but the newest are stealth misseles and will not be detected. they have aircraft and some of they are stealthy ect.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join