It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anime?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
What the hell is anime so popular ...wow its an oddly drawn cartoon with a slow frame rate and crappy dialog i get a headache just thinking about it , and the crappy storylines i saw an add for an anime movie...a japanese cowboy who has a pet robot and lasers and stuff WTF is that??

And tv series like pokemon, atsro boy and zoids omg i nearly go insane by just typing them , ok yea it takes talent to draw things like that and props to the people who do but when you try an animate thats where i draw the line and throw the tv out the window :bnghd::bnghd:

This is only my personal opionionbut to all the people who like anime i ask ...why?? :bnghd:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Meh.....it's not bad.

I got into it after seieng Akira, then got back out of it when I realized how much there was. Fist of the Northern Star was good as well...and some other things with names I can't remember.

There are probably lot's of excellent less known Anime "things", but there's a lot of pap too
I guess if you don't like it, you don't like it. It's just a cartoon, done in a style lot's of people like. Nothing more to it.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Realize that most anime is dumbed down for US consumption. Basicly everything fitting into the catagory of anime aired on the cartoon channel is (in my opinion) an embarassment to intelligent writing or merely an extended commercial for merchindising purposes. If you are actually interested in checking out decent anime then watch Akira or Serial Experiment Lain or the new Appleseed movie.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Americans and Europeans got shows like the Teletubbies and various other #, don't label Anime over a couple stupid series you have seen. Go watch Grave of the Fireflies, its without doubt the best world war 2 movie ever.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I love anime, it rocks! Those characters are so cute with their huge eyes. Sailor Moon is my favorite show ever. It rocks.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
it's not bad at all...

i love dragon ball z...

and i watch other anime too...

i haven't watched it that much, but maybe i will in the future...

it's not a kiddie cartoon...

this is why i love it...

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Yeah, Anime over here is really dumbed down. We tend to get the cheaply drawn, 5 to 10 FPS animations.

If you want good anime, you'll have to get anime movies or shows from Japan, and put up with dubbing, or subtitles.

A few good anime series:
Appleseed
Akira
Ghost in the shell

Watch them... theyre certainly NOT the big eyed, over exagerated, low framerate crap we get over here.

new topics

top topics

join