It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY... ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevinS
you say you can't call Christians Sheeple, even though a lot of them are as they follow what one person says instead of actually reading the Bible ..

There are no mainstream Christian groups on this planet that
exclude the bible. Many of the Christian groups have ordained
ministers or priests who, as their beliefs say, are there to guide
their respective flocks. Having an ordained church leader doesn't
mean the congregation fails to read scripture and it doesn't mean
that they are idiots. Scripture shows that there were church leaders
2,000 years ago when Christianity started so having church leaders
now isn't anti-biblical.

and was just labeled a Basher

Because that's what you are. You are on anti-Catholic campaign and
you bring up old information that has been discussed at length
elsewhere on this site. That thread you bring up had YOUR label on
it 'priests love nuns literally'. It was about RAPE. Disgusting. You
then said that you'd be any other religion because they don't have
sex abuse problems. That was easily proven wrong. Then you ...
etc. etc. etc. You are using ATS as a PLATFORM for your anti-Catholic
rants.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4/13/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Nice to see ATS is showing everyone not only their Classy new looks, but their Class as well!

New Look, New Everything - Good Job!

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Ill second that, as far as im concerned this is going down the mainstream drain of poo poo. People can scream nuke em, bomb em, kill em, slaughter whole countries whatever they want and i cant tell them theyre morons for it.

Its not like you can counter that stuff with an argument.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku

Its not like you can counter that stuff with an argument.

But I think that you can counter it.
One way would be to ask for support, for a particular argument.
Ask for reasons, and reasoning..How did this person come to their conclusion?
Sometimes you will just get back, link, after link after link..With no commentary.
The links are supposed to support the argument. Sometimes they help.
But, if all you get are links, you know you are arguing with a Google parrot.
Don't waste anymore time..move on.
Sometimes no word at all, is better than the "last word"..

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This paragraph is for you...

If you feel you are about to post ANY form of negative comment about another Member, go take a walk and calm down. If you think you are superior in intillect to another Member and therefor need to "correct" that Member, you may need to go find another forum to preach in.

I would have to say that ATS is not for you. I am glad you both realized it without dregging up a bunch of drama or going on a rampage against fellow members. THANK YOU.

Make no mistake, ATS is NOT for everyone. Those who can't keep acid out of their commentary, can't avoid personality focus and stick with topical focus simply won't enjoy this site.

THAT'S OK. This site is for people who are genuinely seeking the truth through civil and logical discourse, research, and collaboration. It's never going to be attractive to those who can't see the difference.

There are several sites out there that both of you would enjoy immensely, GLP is one that comes immediately to mind.

Springer...

[edit on 4-19-2006 by Springer]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
This site is for people who are genuinely seeking the truth through civil and logical discourse, research, and collaboration.

Hehe. Even those people lose control and go a bit crazy sometimes, Springer. Trust me.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Code_Burger

This site is for people who are genuinely seeking the truth through civil and logical discourse, research, and collaboration.

Hehe. Even those people lose control and go a bit crazy sometimes, Springer. Trust me.

NO worries there... The key word in what you said is "Sometimes". I agree with you. I go "crazy" a couple times a month myself, just ask the staff.

The people we won't tolerate are the people who think it's "necessary" to focus on the personality of the poster rather than the issue being discussed.

The reason these folks think this is usually due to the fact they have NOTHING to add to the topic or issue so they can ONLY vent their frustrations over their ignorance by attacking the personality of the poster opposing their perspective.

These folks are usually listeners to talk radio or readers of one website authored/hosted by a persuasive person who is selling something to his/her audience.

When these people are confronted with real research done by world class minds here on ATS their "singular, all inclusive, must be correct with no variations answer" as received from said radio/web host is shot so full of holes they don't know what to do. They have emotionally invested in the answer so they can't seem to "let it go" and they go nuts. The sign of a "World Class/ATS investigator is the ease in which they discard a theory if it's proven FALSE, they aren't "married to the theory" because they are really looking for the truth.

Whenever a genuine critical thinkercomes up against an "emotionally invested" non researcher who is trying to sell the singular, faulty, sometimes ridiculous "answer" they got spoon fed from a radio/web host or Book Seller" (there are HUNDREDS of these charlatans now it's a cottage industry in this genre) the genuine critical thinker is subject to go a little crazy with frustration caused by an utter disregard for factual logic and blatant ignorance embrace rather than denial.

We will NEVER scald the critical thinker UNLESS we see a forum going down the path of personality focus and need to bring the whole boat back on course.

This is the case here. The critical thinkers are getting sucked into the fray out of pure frustration and that is not good. It IS Human Nature however. So we gently "nudge" the critical thinkers back on course and the "one trick ponies usually get banned because they can't handle it.

I hope this clears it up a little.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is where I say, this is such a good idea. Civil discourse is always to be prefered, if not quite as much fun as launching a verbal barrage at that nasty, ignorance promoting so and so that just dared to disagree with me

Hopefully these measures work as intended. Again

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
We all lose our heads. I lost it this morning. I am not a mean person but sometimes it helps to get it all out.

I want to be forgiven. I am now my old self.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I think the basic message here is pretty obvious. Many of you, such as in an earlier post, I think are reading too far into it for the sake of attention. No more name calling, fair and simple. Even something such as the religious ordeal set forth in that same post have no basis in a good argument. A person with a sound statement, backed up by fact, has no need to worry about being warned. In my opinion, if you have to resort to saying a group of people are "sheeple", or anything of that nature, then you are just clinging to a very thin string and your argument has basically been thrashed, if there was ever anything there worth reading at all. Is this really all that hard to understand?

[edit on 10-5-2006 by EdenKaia]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Yeah I agree these personal insults should stop. This forum seems to be getting meaner
. I hate it when someone starts attacking someone else or getting all sarcastic at them just for having a really different viewpoint or idea. The ATS motto is Deny Ignorance and I think some people should start working on that

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I would like to note first off, I have only been here a while, and in the last week or so, I would agree, some have no sense of humour, and neglect to consider other's.

I do not dislike you because you do not agree with me about a topic. My best friend here is Byrd, and we've never agreed on a thing. Harte as well, is as opinionated, as I, but he can present a decent arguement, and I appreciate that when discussing things. Again, we don't agree, but so be it.

But several Topics of late have degenerated beyond what some would consider civil, and if that is the best you can present in a discussion, on a forum designed for debate, then maybe you're better suited for Politicial Life.

So I think the Forum has issued a fine warning and if you can not live with that simple request, maybe there is an altenative forum you may wish to seek. That's not much to ask.

Ciao

Shane

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   

If you don't accept Christ as your lord and savior you will burn in Hell

Atonement is an essential issue is all religions I know, if you don't like a specific doctrine DON'T JOIN. It's that simple. As for the name calling stuff, I will have to agree.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Is calling somebody a conspiracy theorist name calling?

www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I have nothing to say BUT petty insults. It's my thing...It's what I do!

Oh well...

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I just need to say: Well done and well sayed Springer

This is a kind of "battle" that all of us never must give up, NEVER!, self respect for us and for others , inteligence and serious research work must always been preserved in a racional and respectfull way!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Due to the continued lack of decency for one another, I reiterate the following quoted text, to remind members of the situation. That they should heavily consider abideng by such, if they wish to maintain individual posting abilities.

In addition to the below, my approach will be a counseling U2U/statement, warning and a ban conducted to those who refuse to follow the noted quote. If such seems extreame, you can file a complaint and thank your fellow ATSers for bringing such upon every one.

This forum is on "Strict Terms and Conditions of Use ENFORCEMENT" until further notice.

"Strict Enforcement" means:
Any Member lowering themselves to name calling, no matter how innocuous, will be red tag warned on the spot, no questions asked.

Any Member who, after receiving a red tag warn in this forum, commits another breach of the TAC will be post banned on the spot, no questions asked.

One warning is all you get before being post banned.

Any posts, replies or new threads, that are about Member personalities instead of the issues will be red tag warned and deleted.
Consider this post "fair warning" this forum is getting cleaned up.

Springer
Partner,
AboveTopSecret.com, LLP

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join