It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of Free Speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Read the following at www.globalresearch.ca...
Article is titled Judge rules teacher has no free speech riths in class.
Is half way down on the left on the first pape you come to.
I know there have been a lot of teachers in the news for free speech stuff. But they actually may have done something. This poor teacher just answered a students question. There is no great right conspiracy here its just a simple case of a parent not likeing what a teacher said. Why would such a thing as this be litigated? Is there another agenda behind it? Can it possibly be upha\eld in higher courts. Or will we soon be unable to say anything that somebody doesn't like?

[edit on 11-4-2006 by polanksi]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Broken link...but I am interested...

fix the link, start a fire

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The link on the original post is fixed with better directions to Article. It's a travesty of justice.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well, lemme play bad-guy for a sec...

A teacher is employed by the state right? Read: The MACHINE. The education system, or the teach's employer, is funded by the state. It would be very, very counterproductive for the schools to teach or advocate anything damaging to said system. Its not quantum physics. I see no conspiracy. Its a crock...I'm with ya there, but it is far from surprising.

IMO, the teacher should find work at a private school. At least that way you can be sure of who signed your paycheck. You dont think Uncle Sam is going to keep any teachers that don't pay them 100% lipservice do ya?

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I agree with your point regarding the teacher who compared Bush to Hitler and The one who held the trial to see if Bush should be impeached. But what did this teacher say that was offensive? Peace, its hardly a opinion. I quess it only safe to say nothing or at least that's what this judge is saying. At the least it's censorship.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Yup, but its counterproductive when "THE MAN" wants a generation of Yes Men...not free-thinking little peace activists. I understand why its wrong. I agree. I just hope you understand the logic behind this move.

new topics

top topics

join