It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia agrees to sending iran into space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
realising that Sina-2 satellite will be launched by 2008 and Russia sending iranians to space from the islamic republic actually makes me proud of my country and once again our Russian comrades are always there to help its best allie at anytime of the moment

Iran wishes to send a man into space. The country plans to ask Russia for help and Russia is not opposed to the idea, a Russian expert said on Tuesday.

“The idea of the first spaceflight by an Iranian is very attractive to Iran in the light of the country’s ambitions to become a key state not only in the region but in the whole Islamic world,” the director of the Russian Centre for Modern Iranian Studies, Rajab Safarov, was quoted by RIA-Novosti as saying while on a visit to Tehran.

Safarov said “the Russian side does not object” to helping Iran. He added that the Iranian leadership would put the proposal to Russia “in the very near future.”

www.mosnews.com...

TEHERAN - Iran hopes to put a second satellite into orbit in two years, a senior telecommunications official told the official IRNA news agency on Monday.

Iran launched its Sina-1 satellite from a Russian rocket in October and said it would help the Islamic Republic’s scientists better understand natural disasters such as floods and earthquakes.

“We reached an agreement with Iran’s Aerospace Organisation to produce Iran’s second satellite called Pars (Sina-2),” said Ebrahim Mahmoudzadeh, director of Sa Iran, a telecommunications firm affiliated to the Defence Ministry.

www.khaleejtimes.com...&col=

MOD EDIT: Shortening external quote.

[edit on 4/11/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yawn... Iran this... Iran that... cool, but repetitive in tone and timbre. Call us when "the smoke" clears... and fact and the fantastic are committed to history... like after this Friday afternoon. I'd like to see an Iranian in space for peaceful rather than propaganda purposes... if they did it without Russky/Chinese help - now THAT would get my attention real quick-like... at least on these boards I come away with the impression that at least some Iranian "folks" are "paranoid" (with good reason) and has an incredible inferiority complex that is constantly being put on unseemly and embarrassing public display.
Iran and the USA both need to learn a lesson - put up or shut up.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
That is actually quite an interesting bit of news i think, i see no reason why Iran can`t achieve there ambition it`s good to see a country trying to make it on there own with out western assistance.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Why would Russia object? Ever heard of thing called money? The Russians are willing to do just about anything for it, helping Iran perhaps get into space is just another revenue source. So don't be too quick to praise your “comrades”, they're just doing this for self interest and self preservation.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Iran launched its Sina-1 satellite from a Russian rocket in October and said it would help the Islamic Republic’s scientists better understand natural disasters such as floods and earthquakes.

Are we to believe this? Why not just use google maps

Russia will do anything for money, but this does not make you an ally. Think of this little analogy.....You buy gas from the same place each week, and the owner likes you. He says hi each day and maybe you talk about families. Now, go in one day and ask to borrow 300,000 dollars and see what he says. Bottom line is Russia still wants Irans money, that is why it will not openly back sanctions with the UN. I'd take 1000 to 1 odds though they offer no military support when the cruise missles fly in Iran.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
this is great news. for iran.

hoperfully they will learn from this and boost there own speace program.

[edit on 11-4-2006 by iqonx]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
Iran and the USA both need to learn a lesson - put up or shut up.

better watch it that may happen.

This is propaganda plain and simple and am I supposed to be impressed that iran copies tech? or otherwise buys there way into something?

nah, it doesnt impress me that a country of barbarians are attempting to get into space. Just what we need, religous fanatics in space

I just hope im watching cnn when they bomb those nuclear facilities.Hell, I really wouldnt be surprised if the russkies enriched the uranium for them as well.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Could be part of a 'package deal'. You know, "buy our MiGs and we send your astronaut to space". Kinda like what they (Russia) did with my country.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
But what is there in space to terrorize. There are no woman and children for the iranians to blow up

U2U sent

[edit on 17-7-2006 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If Iran wants to impress me, why don't they do something useful for the world?

Stop arming and funding murderous terrorists.

Stop trying to "wipe Israel from the map"

Stop creating (behind scenes) wars in the ME!

Great, Iran in space, so now will we be having Muslim terrorists attacking the international space station because it is not Muslim?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
And in other news a Russian space capsule is hijacked.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
If Iran wants to impress me, why don't they do something useful for the world?

Stop arming and funding murderous terrorists.

Stop trying to "wipe Israel from the map"

Stop creating (behind scenes) wars in the ME!

What about they stop openning long-waited oil bourse

What about they stop selling their oil in euros

TO BE CONTINUED...........

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by proprog

What about they stop openning long-waited oil bourse

What about they stop selling their oil in euros

TO BE CONTINUED...........

You are dealing with strictly $$$$$$$$$$$$ matters.

The point was Iran needs to stop being and supporting murderous terrorists.

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY. hope all this tech Russia is giving to terrorists comes back and bites them on the arse!
I am all for Muslium terrorists-like there is any other kind- sticking it to Russia. MAybe if THEY have a few more buildings distroyed and a few thousand more of THEIR citizens murdered, they will figure it out.

Sigh, probably not, they are nothing but $$$$$$$$$ whores now a days.

Sad to see how far they have fallen.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This thread topic is "Russia agrees to sending iran into space".

Please refrain from dragging the current Middle-East Conflict into the discussion.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Why would Russia object? Ever heard of thing called money? The Russians are willing to do just about anything for it...

Hmm not anymore..

service.spiegel.de...

Maybe in the past.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The USSR has sent the first men into space for many countries during the 80s.
They did that not for the $$$$ as some so explicitly mention; more so for political reasons..

Cosmonauts from Communist countries such as Poland, East Germany, Hungary, Vietnam, Cuba, Mongolia, and Rumania also visited Salyut 6 as guest-cosmonauts during weeklong missions.

Salyut 7, which followed in 1982, was equally successful. Between 1982 and 1986, it hosted five long-duration crews that were visited for short periods by Soyuz ships carrying cosmonauts from France and India as well as the second Soviet woman cosmonaut, Svetlyana Savitskaya. Source

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I have to laugh at the title of this, sounds like a good idea sending Iran into space (the whole damn country, I mean)

But seriously, giving Iran technology to reach space would most likely also give them the technology for ICBMs tipped with their new nuclear weapons that could even reach the U.S.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I have to laugh at the title of this, sounds like a good idea sending Iran into space (the whole damn country, I mean)

AWWWW I cant believe you beat me to that one.I thought maybe they,d decided to move

It,s a good thing though.Maybe it,ll give a sense of how the planet is exactly that...'

THE planet.. one... to be shared and cared for..At least for the astronauts

new topics

top topics

join