It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If they're not tapping, their jamming!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
By now, we should all know that our phone conversations aren't as private as we like. but this is the first that I've heard this one. It appears that New Hamsphire Democrats were interferred with when it came to voting in the 2002 election by republicans jamming the "get out to vote" phonelines. and the evidence just may lead right up to the white house.

www.syracuse.com.../base/politics-7/1144736338126050.xml&storylist=washington

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
You really have got to be kidding. I honestly believe some of you never get out of your homes. Give it up already with the made up nonsense. You have no proof about anything. What's really odd is you actually think BIG BROTHER is keeping an eye/ear on all 300,000,000 Americans. Do the math.
Do you think there are 300,000,000 people actually listening to each and every one of us all day with tape recorders? Do you think I care if they want to spend each day listening to you or me talking about our favorite TV shows? George Bush won by the biggest landslide in Americas history and you are trying to bring up CHEATING? This coming from the same party that forced Bush out of the White house for one whole month just so GORE could count hanging chads over and over in A Democrat district. Once they realized the hanging CHADS ( which for some odd reason were only meant for GORE ) were notgoing to win it, they started pretending that dented CHADS were not only to be counted, but onle in GORES favor. Now there is reall bullcrap validated on film for one whole month when Bush could have set up his Cabinet, Next thing you know we are attacked by Idiots from the Middle East and Bush was still unpacking. Get real.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Yes, they just admit to wiretapping people's phones, Alberto says it might be legal, because Washington and Lincoln did it before the phone was invented, but thats not proof! Look away, put your blinders on!

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
my aren't some people defensive....

the article wasn't about the presidential elections. it was the congressional race that they "cheated on".....three federal convictions, and a soon to be indictment....hmmm......all this to defeat one poor man with "no ideas" as some would claim?? tends to tell me that the republican party wasn't as confident about their "majority" as the pretend to be!!! I mean, why go to such extremes as this, if you are so sure that you have such a vast number of people of like mind??

am, well, ya know what, I hate phones, very few people call me, and I really don't call too many people myself. my mom had the attitude that the phone was for emergencies, and such...wasn't to be used unless if was necessary. the attitude kind of wore off on me. so, why should I care if our president choses to listen in on it....quite frankly I don't. but I do believe that there are laws against it, just as there are laws against torturing prisoners. I care that our president seems to feel that any of these laws that stand he sees as standing in his way can be ignored by him. and well, I do care that it seems m ore and more that that "overwhelming majority" of republicans that has controlled both houses of congress seems to have become the "majority" through some very questionable if not illegal means!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
So when do you figure the EVIL DOERS with the CREEPY CAPERS are going to listen in on your very important PIZZA ORDER?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
we order our pizza's online.......no phone involved. they'd have to go through our internet provider for that one....

which well, if they do that, they will know, we have invested a little bit in silver, so, well, if they ever decide to make owning precious metals illegal (believe they did it with gold once), well they'll know we are lying when we tell them we don't have any....

or they now have a voluntary program that will be mandatory soon. they want to register every place that owns one or more chickens, goats, cows, ect... and eventually tag every one of the little critters. not only is the paperwork susposed to be outragous for this, but well, you will have to fax the id of everyone who visits your little "farm" . and how will they know you got that one little chicken or rabbit?? did you order your feed online, over the phone, or heck, even buy it at the store? other countries what to chip your dog.....hmmm....I have a cat, and I won't risk her health and wellbeing with a chip!! and seriously, this could start interferring with people's ability to be self sufficient and free from all the crap that the major food producers throw into their products.

then there's the politicians, the journalists, not to mention the mad scientists working in the basements on those new innovative ideas!! gee can't see why the government might be interested in their phone conversations, their emails, or anything, can you?

llike I said before, I don't like phones, half the time I won't even answer the danged thing! but this one goes beyond infringing on my right to privacy into a type of meddling.....don't want me to call a particular person, company, or agency, political group whatever....hey, just hire a telemarketing firm to tie up their phone with prank calls!!!

the fact that the republican party would waste the time and resources, not to mention risk the legal consequences to do this in an attempt to interfer with the election of the senate race is just laughable and tells a great deal regarding just what they think their "majority" really is..

I'm sure the liberals have done some equally stupid things around election time. but well, it's the republicans that used the christian conservatives, the "moral highground" to gain their followers. not to mention their wealth so they can afford to waste a ton of money for such schemes!! ya know, kind of like....put your faith in God......serve in the military in Iraq today....trust in him and carry that risky pregnacy to full term, take out a interest only mortgage for that overvalued home trusting God that the home will continue increasing in value and your pay will miraculously raise!!

trust in God, we're a christian nation.......but......well...we can't trust him to win our elections.. so have telemarketers jam the phones of the dems, have easily tampered with voting machines that don't leave any type of paper trail.....have delay and abernoff play their vote selling schemes to funnel the money......the ends justify the means after all, doesn't it??

but, oh, ya, the abortion laws should be changed to prohibit it, with no regard to the health of the mother, she should trust in God to save her instead....what a flipping joke!!!

maybe they should trust in God that he will take care of Iran's nukes, instead of making plans to nuke the country. heck, maybe they should have done that with Iraq, our deficit probably wouldn't be so red!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Regarding the base story, I had heard that story before. I believe it may be true, and I think it's funny as the dickens.

NH is on the northern border of Mass. Mass. is a heavily BLUE state. For the two weeks prior to the election, you could hardly find a parking spot in some southern NH towns because of the cars with Mass. plates on them, all from Mass. people up here campaigning for their Democratic cohorts.

But the election is long since over. Let it rest.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
What are you, some kind of infringer freak? I notice you had to take the very predictable slug at CHRISTIANS too. Sheesh! Does this stuff ever end or what? I can't believe all of the people on this site who think the GOVERNMENT is SPYING on them ( LONERS? ) and then the next post they leave is a " BIG GOVERNMENT FEMA LET US DOWN! " crapola. What's that all about? Maybe we should put all of these ENDLESS CAPERS in a BLENDER and sell it to KOREA.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I didn't take a slug at christians, I took a slug at politicians who used pretty words and promises while taking on the appearance of someone who is taking the "moral highground" to gain the political and financial support of the christian community.....
christians obey the laws of the land, even when they are president of the US...so obviously I'm not taking a slug at the christians when I say something bad about bush....just pointing out how I think the christian community was had....how their at least a portion of them, narrow mindedness, tunnel vision if you will was taken advantage of by the powers that be. a stand against gay marriage, here, a stand against abortion there, and well, ya, who cares about anything else, right??

just one question, and it's hypothetical, since well, there probably is no way to prove it and they wouldn't admit to it anyways.....

if it was proven the presidential and congressional elections were won by illegitament and illegal means to the point where it was quite obvous that there wouldn't have been that republican majority in the congress....thus, there would have been no blank check handed over to bush for the war, or patriot act, or big medicaid scheme to enrich the drug companies, ect. ect.....um....would that make all the laws that they've pushed through also illegitamate also? not to mention that nice outrageous deficit that the US taxpayer will eventually get stuck paying???

-------------------------------------------------
NH is on the northern border of Mass. Mass. is a heavily BLUE state. For the two weeks prior to the election, you could hardly find a parking spot in some southern NH towns because of the cars with Mass. plates on them, all from Mass. people up here campaigning for their Democratic cohorts.
---------------------------------------------------

so, is that illegal?? because jamming someone's phone by endless hangup calls obviously is...even for telemarketing firms...

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
it was proven the presidential and congressional elections were won by illegitament and illegal means to the point where it was quite obvous that there wouldn't have been that republican majority in the congress....thus, there would have been no blank check handed over to bush for the war, or patriot act, or big medicaid scheme to enrich the drug companies, ect. ect.....um....would that make all the laws that they've pushed through also illegitamate also? not to mention that nice outrageous deficit that the US taxpayer will eventually get stuck paying???

That is lie and and you CANNOT validate anything with anything. By the way BUSH won the biggest landslide in history ( 3 million over that dope Kerry ). It's nice to know there are people such as yourself out there constantly searching for top secret hidden fibs to go with the flops. By the way, Hillary is an idiot with a very childish simple IQ. I think my cat could debate her and win the debate. Till then see you in CAPERLAND STARBUCKY!

Mod Edit: Please use the quote feature (either the Quote button at the top left of the other member's post, or use the quote tags) when quoting other posts.

[edit on 4/13/06/13 by junglejake]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
you left out that little word "if" when you quoted me, and obviously neglected to read the sentence before it...

----------------------------------
"just one question, and it's hypothetical, since well, there probably is no way to prove it and they wouldn't admit to it anyways..... the "
----------------------------------------------------

ya know, hypothetical......a question??? no lie....a question, a hypothetical one at that....if it was ever proven that an elections had been rigged so badly that it was blatantly obvious that different policies would have been followed if the voters rights hadn't been manipulated with, well, would that laws the government passed be considered as illegitamate as the office holders??

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Celler, THEY ADMITTED to tapping domestic phone calls. ALberto says it was legal though because Lincoln and Washington did it. I am not lying, that is exactly what he told congress, that Presidents who DIED before the phone was invented wiretapped people's phones.

Also, I noticed how you just happen to cut off the if in the quote. Good job, you deserve to be on Fox News with the way you spin things.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevinS
Celler, THEY ADMITTED to tapping domestic phone calls. ALberto says it was legal though because Lincoln and Washington did it. I am not lying, that is exactly what he told congress, that Presidents who DIED before the phone was invented wiretapped people's phones.

Also, I noticed how you just happen to cut off the if in the quote. Good job, you deserve to be on Fox News with the way you spin things.

YOU are the one with the picture of DICK CHENEY in your little PROFILE BOX. As for the " IF " that was supposedly removed ( CONSPIRACY????? ) big deal. At least I take the time to respond without calling YOU a CNN FREAK right? Seems to me YOU are going about PROFILING people around this joint.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
What doesn't surprise me is that the Republicans did it. What does is that the RNC admits it and have no remorse for what they did. It surprises me for a platform to claim morals and family values they include members which readily violate both on a daily basis, election or no election.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
You know what's really weird?! Dick Cheney is made out of CANDLEWAX and they extra-freeze him during the night so he won't melt during the day when he has to toss out a baseball during a sports event. Did you notice the color of his jacket? Igloo Freezer Box colors! I admit they have yet to pin-point where the wik is, but it's only a sleazy matter of slime. A friend of mine brought up this point last night at the Bus Depot. I got to thinking you know?

top topics

join