It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Rock Band Demo Feedback

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hiya,

Have some friends that have a band. Not your typical garage band, these folks are well versed, and all have years of music.

Creating and performing music, to a musician, is an addiction - so they all got together and formed another one.

If you'de like to hear a tune, hit a link below. These are just cover songs, originals are just not quite ready yet.

The demo was done in a studio, but nothing is remixed, what you hear on the demo is what you would hear on stage (including the sillyness preceeding Vertigo

All tunes are covered still as rock, nothing Metal, Punk, etc, here.

Have at it, and thanks for the feedback.
Negative critique is also welcome, dissin' is not, if you don't like it (but do like rock), please tell why, as you are part of the rock audience

A decent sound setup makes for great appreciation. Mine is just so-so, as was the sound, then I put the CD in buds car stereo .......... oh my GAWD !!! lol

All files are encoded from the master CD at 320Kbps, Mp3 format.

Thanks to PutFile.com for the storage.

Title Name (Origiinal Artist)(File Size)

I Need To Know (Tom Petty)(6.3 MB)
Gold Dust Woman (Fleetwood Mac)(10.1 MB)
Vertigo (U2)(8.1 MB)
Eleanor Rigby (The Beetles)(8.3 MB)

The Eleanor Rigby is, well, let's just say this is Eleanor like you've never heard it before

NN

(Edit = link fix)

[edit on 24-4-2006 by NoNik]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
14 views, no replies.

I hope these are not 14 out of the 27 people in the world that remember mother saying "if you can't say anthing nice .........", lol.

NN

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I see plenty of views, but nothing of reply - I am not saying I expect anyone to listen to them, but am now wondering if they are even being listened to?

Are the files simply too large? (albeit, they are nothing in size if on broadband)
Would 128Kbps be preferred? (that's only average quality Mp3).
Ex:
Gold Dust Woman @ 320Kbps = 10.1 MB
Gold Dust Woman @ 128Kbps = 4.0 MB

Just curious if anyone has actully listened to any of them ?

Thanks

NN

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The file sizes were fine for me. I only listend to Eleanor Rigby. It was, as you said, like you've never heard it before. I'll be honest I was wary of listening to it, but I enjoyed the new take on it. It was a refreshing cover of the song.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
I'll be honest I was wary of listening to it, but I enjoyed the new take on it.

Ya know, I had thought of that as well. I mean, let's face it, there is ALWAYS someone saying 'listen to this new band', ya do, and it's a case of coming up with quick courteous replies to them, heh.

But for this thread of just what it is titled - Feedback - I do truly look for critique as well as posative comments, this is not a "these guys are good, you'll like them" heh, but is a desire for listener feedback.

Thanks for the note of enjoyed, I will pass that on to them

NN

new topics

top topics

join