It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Insurgents Using Clever Tricks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Flying kites, mannequins, and pigeons are among the latest tricks pulled out of the insurgent hat. The indigenous fighters of Iraq are using patience, careful study, and psychological ruses to inflict harm on Coalition Forces.

news.yahoo.com
"They're crafty, I'll give 'em that," said Marine Cpl. John Strobridge, 20, of Orlando, Fla., as his Humvee passed the mannequin along one of the most bomb-infested roads in town, a street Americans call Route Michigan.

"Gun it! Gun it!" he screamed to his driver as the vehicle crossed a frequently targeted intersection.

The mannequin first popped up a few weeks ago in the courtyard of a secondary school near a collapsed building. The simple figure appears to be made of wood, with a white shirt and blue plants painted on. Two white arms hang down, carrying a briefcase.

"We kind of laugh at it. We don't know why they do it," Strobridge said. "But I think the idea is, we get used to looking at the mannequin, and then one day there's a real person standing there" — with an AK-47 or a rocket launcher.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

When an army or opposing force is pitted with a technologically superior foe, it will evolve its technique of attack. Like a species of plant that develops resistance to chemicals or parasites. I believe the longer coalition forces occupy the land of Iraq, the tougher their mission will become.

I cannot imagine what it must be like to patrol the streets of Ramadi. I would think that out of the instinct of self -preservation I would shoot anything that moves or looks like it wants to move. Court Marshall? Ok fine with me.

God Bless Our Troops.

Related News Links:
www.cfr.org
www.msnbc.msn.com
www.duluthsuperior.com
www.debka.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iraq Civil War inevitable?
What We Iraqis Want
Iraqi sniper filming his shots against the Coalition.
Third US Helicopter Shot Down in Iraq in 8 Days

[edit on 10-4-2006 by moldmakertech]

[edit on 14-4-2006 by asala]

join